Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies

+118
Heather
mayram
SelfAmused
Pop'n'Fresh
year of the cat
katbeth
xyzzy
nazlan
particle_person
allochthonous
LadyGayle
Coneycat
Gilraen
Tabby
gannetguts
rat kitten
Fraoch
queenofdenile
Algae
Escape
Red Wolf
Swarley
choubetcha
jstilwe
ariadne
bbridges
Cynara
epudom
Matinee
mialoubug
mandalaya
schwa
Never Enough
GoodbyeWithWords
puddingcup
Corvus
Agent Sculder
UmaOprah
Luthien
dinahmoe
Renny Sue
rivki8699
chibimanda
Gillian
PrincessCleo
grayel
eco
sen3
Brainchild
Raksha
tothemax
oxymoron
Eris Rising
QueenSix
sobe
mokey75
demgirl
jcpdiesel21
dionneshea
Lindsay Weir
Cutebutpsycho
lisa
big chicken
Decca
Jude
Miss Moneypenny
naughty zoot
MtOlivePickles
ActonBell
RubyTuesday
MichiSichi
Esseilte
Lis
jaraga
BrightEyes
Grainne Mhaol
The Lady of Shalott
Bob Genghis Khan
Morning Angel
Crowbridge
Poubelle
Sheli
blixie
emrie
maxell131313
nikita
katesti
MLIS
The Glen
punkysdilemma
swsa
Lily Rose
caltrask55
sagitare
Unlucky Bear
laddical
Ceci
narfzz
bookworm
Raised by wolves
TiffanyNichelle
blooey
Genevieve
Carrie Ann
slmader
BreezyK
Melk
Kiran
Jasmine
Jessica
biakbiak
Instant Monkeys
Binky
whatthedeuce
Auroura76
Putli Bai
eventide82
Arabella
122 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies - Page 22 Empty Re: Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies

Post  Coneycat Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:00 pm

I'm not quite two years younger than my sister, and ten months older than my nearest brother. My mother claims it was exhausting, but also kind of good that we were pretty much all able to play happily together when we were little. I assume she was so tired by the time we all left home that she appreciated having the nest mostly empty (except for baby brother) all at once!

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies - Page 22 Empty Re: Celebrities: Having Babies, Naming Babies

Post  caltrask55 Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:59 pm

My mom did the same thing. Had my sister. 12 months and 1 day later my brother was born. 15 months later my other brother was born. She waited about 6 years for me though.

caltrask55

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:50 am

My 3 sisters and I are all just about a year and a few months apart. Whenever we tell people that, they go, "Ooooh, guess you know what your parents were up to for 4 straight years." It makes me sad every single time.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  oxymoron Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:23 am

In my family, my brother is the oldest, then 1 year, 3 months later the older of my two sisters, then one year three months later the younger of my two sisters then 2 years six months later, yours truly.

After me, mom went on the pill., Four kids in five years was apparently plenty.

I use this as proof that I am the quality offspring, because, after me, they stopped. Clearly, they finally got it right. My siblings have issues with my theory.

oxymoron

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheli Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:11 pm

I hope I didn't insult anyone with siblings close in age (or your own children close in age)! I was just thinking of my own level of exhaustion. Any moms who are up for it, good on them!

I do find the headlines that Weight Watchers has yet to comment about the pregnancy funny, though. Like they need to put out an official statement? "See, this is why her WW program wasn't working!"

Sheli

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:15 pm

My husband and his sister and 15 months apart, and so are her daughters. One of the faculty I work with had 5 kids in 7 1/2 years with his first wife. The oldest two are 11 months apart. When he told me that, I just stared at him, agog, and he said, "yeah, we didn't even know that was possible." heh. (He's since re-married, and between them they have 7 kids. For one semester, 5 of the kids were in college. I wouldn't even know how to pay for one.)
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:19 pm

My sister in law is about to have her third baby in three years. She gets pregnant when the previous baby is about six months old, but I think they want a big family, so I'm happy for them.

I hope I didn't insult anyone with siblings close in age (or your own children close in age)! I was just thinking of my own level of exhaustion. Any moms who are up for it, good on them!

But yes, when I look at my SIL, I just think "Holy mother of God, I could not deal with that exhaustion non stop for THREE YEARS in a row (and counting, since I'm betting she'll be pregnant again by June next year)." I don't know how some women do it, but I take my hat off to them!
eventide82
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyGayle Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:08 pm

My two youngest are 16 months apart. That, um, wasn't actually on purpose. There was like 3 years where I was continuously pregnant and/or breastfeeding. I went a little bit nuts, I admit. But I think it's going to be a really good thing in the long run - my girls are already each other's best friends.

LadyGayle

Back to top Go down

Post  Lis Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:25 pm

(I'm also the middle child of five, with not even seven years between my oldest and my youngest sister. My mother said we were all low-maintenance...-And even though my brother's still struggling, they got all of us girls through university! (Though never more than three at a time))

This is nice: A Guide to Celebrity Baby Names.

Also, vaguely on topic: "If you're that obsessed with even numbers, you may not want to name your daughter 'Seven'!" Jon Richardson

Lis

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:27 pm

My younger brothers and sister are triplets, and we're 17 months apart. I don't know how my mother didn't throw herself off a bridge. It did work out well in the long run having all the siblings all be practically the same age, even the part where we were all in college at the same time. I'm really glad they did it the way they did. And I'm sure they were happy to get all the big things over with all at once.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:20 pm

OMG, you guys! A royal baby ;) The tabloids probably will have even more of a field day with this given how obsessed they've been with saying she was expecting (for months now!).
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:21 pm

Who won the pool?

Cathy Cambridge expecting!

Jinx to Morning Angel.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:28 pm

EEEEEEE I JUST CAME HERE TO POST THIS!! Royal baby! Royal baby!!!

Also, that sucks that she's got the hyperemesis thing. A friend of mine had it and was MISERABLE for her ENTIRE pregnancy. I hope it eases up for Kate. I wonder when she's due (and I assume they would have put off the announcement for longer if there weren't a need to explain her sickness).
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  allochthonous Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:36 pm

I was really surprised by how genuinely pleased I felt when I saw this. They seem such a genuinely lovely couple, and I'm sure they'll be great parents and try and keep things as normal as they possiblly can under their very weird circumstances.

Although, is it bad that I'm crossing my fingers hard for a girl so they're forced to sort out this male primogeniture nonsense once and for all?
allochthonous
allochthonous

Back to top Go down

Post  MLIS Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:43 pm

I am very pleased for them, but it sounds like they were forced into making the announcement earlier than they wanted. I guess they figured they wouldn't be able to keep it secret once she ended up in hospital, so better that they get out ahead of the rumours. All of my fingers and toes are crossed for her!

MLIS

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheli Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:44 pm

I'm so excited for them. I let out a gasp at work when I heard the news, and had to explain it to my coworkers. The female coworker was equally happy.

Agreed, I hope they have a girl. I want to see Prince William as a daddy to a little girl. So cute. And a little princess!

Sheli

Back to top Go down

Post  Algae Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:44 pm

Dang, hyperemesis is tough. And calling it morning sickness is like calling a finger scratch gangrene - the two aren't really the same thing at all.

But, YAY! Royal baby!
Algae
Algae

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:50 pm

Aw I'm happy for them! Royal baby!
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:21 pm

allochthonous wrote:Although, is it bad that I'm crossing my fingers hard for a girl so they're forced to sort out this male primogeniture nonsense once and for all?
They already made an announcement several months ago--the government amended the Magna Carta of Royal Royalness or whatever to say that from henceforth the oldest child, male or female, will inherit the throne, world without end, do not pass go, do not collect $200, game on.

I'm weirdly excited and happy for two people I don't know! Hope she feels better soon.

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:53 pm

Nice for them. Looks like the tabloid women's magazines were right. Though considering that at least one of them put up a Kate's pregnant story every week, they'd have to be eventually. The stopped clock theory of journalism. :)

However, two of my cousins had very bad pregnancies. They spent at least half the time in hospital. Though that didn't affect the kids at all. Healthy and normal. Still, not at all fun at the time.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  epudom Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:08 pm

Cynara wrote:
allochthonous wrote:Although, is it bad that I'm crossing my fingers hard for a girl so they're forced to sort out this male primogeniture nonsense once and for all?
They already made an announcement several months ago--the government amended the Magna Carta of Royal Royalness or whatever to say that from henceforth the oldest child, male or female, will inherit the throne, world without end, do not pass go, do not collect $200, game on.

I'm weirdly excited and happy for two people I don't know! Hope she feels better soon.

The law hasn't actually changed here yet - it apparently needs to change in all the Commonwealth nations where the Queen is head of state as well. Who knew?
epudom
epudom

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:28 pm

SO happy for them! But poor Kate. She must feel like absolute rubbish.
eventide82
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:55 pm

Yay! I hope everything goes well and she has a safe pregnancy.

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  Melk Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:14 pm

epudom wrote:
Cynara wrote:

The law hasn't actually changed here yet - it apparently needs to change in all the Commonwealth nations where the Queen is head of state as well. Who knew?

Looks like the pregnancy announcement really did get everyone scrambling to get it sorted pronto! I'm irrationally excited for a royal baby. There was wild speculation at my work today about potential names. For some reason we all felt like it was going to be a girl (thus virtually ensuring it will be a boy).
Melk
Melk

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:39 pm

If it's a girl I think Elizabeth is definitely going to be one of her middle names. I'd love it if they used some of the more obscure family names though like Andrew and Fergie did for Beatrice and Eugenie.

The funny thing is this is one case where there would probably be an uproar if a boy was named John. At least we're assured this baby isn't going to be named Sekret Agent Maxwell Windsor or anything of that ilk. Or Hashtag.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next