The Twilight Saga

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Twilight Saga

Post  swsa on Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:46 pm

I'd feel cheated. I really think the birth/death scene was the best part of the movie. It was still definitely PG-13 and not that gory, but I think the way it was edited was surprisingly effective. You KNEW what was going on even when it wasn't explicitly shown.
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  jaraga on Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:28 am

I tried looking for the scene on youtube but no luck.

I laughed when I saw them driving off from the wedding in a Volvo.

jaraga

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person on Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:34 am

jaraga wrote:I tried looking for the scene on youtube but no luck.

I laughed when I saw them driving off from the wedding in a Volvo.
I would recommend BitTorrent. I don't normally condone piracy if there's some other method, but you PAID already. Where are you living that the local authorities feel the need to protect people from Twilight?

Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  jaraga on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:44 am

I'm in Malaysia where you accept censorship if you want the movie going experience. Which is probably why my country also has a big movie piracy problem.

jaraga

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:47 pm

So, this kind of irks me and I'm not sure why.

George Takei urges Star Wars and Star Trek fans to unite against Twilight

First, I think it's entirely unnecessary, as I don't think any fandoms have had a problem in hating on Twilight without a call to arms. Second, there's something sort of elementary school-ish here. Like the boys on the playground need to pull off the Barbie dolls' heads to prove Transformers and He-Man are superior. And finally, I don't think Twilight has ever made any attempt or claim at being some massive sci-fi epic. While it may have its moments of action, it's always been a romance, and while criticism of the effectiveness/appropriateness of that is one thing, it's another to me to basically bash it for not being something it's never tried to be.
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude on Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:13 pm

I'm sure that it's tongue in cheek.

And I will hear nothing against Takei. Nothing!
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee on Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:10 am

I think it's part of his effort (as requested by Roger Ebert) to broker Star Peace:

http://blogs.suntimes.com/ebert/movies-1/george-takei-brokers-star-peac.html

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile on Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:21 am

There are so many reasons to make fun of Twilight, but criticizing Twilight as a piece of science fiction is dumber than criticizing Grey's Anatomy as a serious medical show.

Besides, I'm supposed to think that TWILIGHT is the thing that's stupid, instead of grown-ass adults arguing which of their Star toys is the better one? Please.
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  Luthien on Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:58 pm

My local newspaper had an insert that it has every year, like many papers: a 2011 Babies section. My mother and I always read it and make fun of all the worst names (make fun of the parents, not the poor child that has to carry that name all their life) and praise the good ones (always a subjective opinion, I know). There was a baby in the insert this year whose middle name was Renesmee! I'd heard that people had done that, but I thought it was a far-away internet rumour. But no, there's a poor kid in my town with Renesmee as part of their name. Thank goodness it wasn't her first name, I guess.

Luthien

Back to top Go down

Post  Gilraen on Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:42 pm

Luthien wrote:My local newspaper had an insert that it has every year, like many papers: a 2011 Babies section. My mother and I always read it and make fun of all the worst names (make fun of the parents, not the poor child that has to carry that name all their life) and praise the good ones (always a subjective opinion, I know). There was a baby in the insert this year whose middle name was Renesmee! I'd heard that people had done that, but I thought it was a far-away internet rumour. But no, there's a poor kid in my town with Renesmee as part of their name. Thank goodness it wasn't her first name, I guess.

My co-worker just named her baby "Fjord" so my new rubric is whether any given name is better or worse than Fjord. I think Renesmee is actually worse. Poor child.

Gilraen

Back to top Go down

Post  slmader on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:23 pm

Luthien wrote:My local newspaper had an insert that it has every year, like many papers: a 2011 Babies section. My mother and I always read it and make fun of all the worst names (make fun of the parents, not the poor child that has to carry that name all their life) and praise the good ones (always a subjective opinion, I know). There was a baby in the insert this year whose middle name was Renesmee! I'd heard that people had done that, but I thought it was a far-away internet rumour. But no, there's a poor kid in my town with Renesmee as part of their name. Thank goodness it wasn't her first name, I guess.

Are you from Halifax, NS because we had one too.

slmader

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:38 pm

That's just so, so awful. It was bad enough Smug came up with something like that in the first place, but I can't imagine anyone thinking it's actually a suitable name and saddling her poor kid with it.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  Luthien on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:17 pm

Are you from Halifax, NS because we had one too.

No, but I am in Canada--it's spreading coast to coast to coast!

My co-worker just named her baby "Fjord"

Well, I guess if nothing else the kid is guarateed to not have to be "Fjord A" or "Fjord B" in his class, unlike the million Sophies and Claires I saw in the paper. It raises so many questions: was the baby conceived in Norway? Will there be a sibling named "Inlet"? Will the nickname be "Fee" or "Yord"?

I was sort of wondering if the smushing of two names together would be popularized by Twilight, but I guess fans are just going all out for the name itself. Imagine that kid explaining her name someday: "my middle name is after a mutant vampire-human hybrid baby in some books that my mom liked." Frankly, I was expecting to see a lot of "Bellas" and "Edwards" in the baby names, but no one seemed to go for those.

Luthien

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:06 am

I work as a nutrition coordinator at a hospital and one time I was mixing formula for an infant and their first name was Renesmee. Yeah.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:12 am

Will there be a sibling named "Inlet"?

Back on TWoP, my handle was Harrison Fjord - so in reference to my daughter, I'd call her "the Inlet".
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Gilraen on Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:45 pm

laddical wrote:
Will there be a sibling named "Inlet"?

Back on TWoP, my handle was Harrison Fjord - so in reference to my daughter, I'd call her "the Inlet".

You have no idea how hard it is going to be for me not to start referring to my co-worker's child as "Harrison."

Gilraen

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Username on Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:28 pm

I'd go with Fjord Prefect.

Bad Username

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude on Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:16 pm

Oh for fuck's sake!
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix on Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:52 am

Breaking Dawn Part 2 Teaser Trailer

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:15 pm

Nessie's in the new EW.

Guys can get so nervous on first dates.

And I guess becoming a vampire makes you taller, cause Bella's like 6 feet tall here

Last edited by swsa on Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Luthien on Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:53 pm

I am ridiculously pleased that we're going to see Emmett arm-wrestle Bella. I have no intention of seeing the movie (well, maybe with the Rifftrax), but I wouldn't say no if someone asked me to go along, just for the sake of seeing that moment. Because it was pretty much the only awesome part of the book.

Luthien

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:00 pm

Those pictures leave me feeling so mortified for Taylor Lautner. Those must have been the most awkward scenes in the world to film.
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:51 pm

This picture is killing me softly. I just...you think they can't surprise you anymore with their budget tackiness, but they ALWAYS find a way. I also like how Renesmee appears to be trying to give them some kind of stereotypical "traditional" greeting.

As someone who has unapologetically seen every one of these films on opening weekend, I just don't know if I can do it this time. I hated Vamp Bella and her superpowered perfection so, so much. And just the still images of Nessie are creeping me out. Even WITHOUT Uncle Jacob sitting in his chair telling her night night stories.
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheetara on Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:49 pm

swsa wrote:I also like how Renesmee appears to be trying to give them some kind of stereotypical "traditional" greeting.

That picture is totally terrible, but I think that Renesmee is reaching out to
Spoiler:
do that thing where she touches someone and sends them pictures of her thoughts.
That makes it slightly less offensive. But only slightly.

Last edited by Cheetara on Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cheetara

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges on Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:24 pm

I know that SMeyer describe the Amazonian vampires as being in "traditional garb" but I kind of can't believe that they actually costumed them that way. It turned out looking about as well as I thought it would.

I can't wait to see this one. SuperVamp!Bella. The great
Spoiler:
stare off!
Everything with Renesme! It's going to be amazing.
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top