Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sons of Anarchy

+13
truecrystal
LadyGayle
shanndee
chick binewski
TiffanyNichelle
MaddyCat
sen3
Escape
xyzzy
Paris, Texas
VodouDoll
Kiran
dionneshea
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sons of Anarchy - Page 2 Empty Re: Sons of Anarchy

Post  xyzzy Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:46 pm

So now Tara is masturbating to the perfume of a dead woman? I don't get it.
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Paris, Texas Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:56 am

To make it even worse, that scene was written so that Tara was basically masturbating to Kurt Sutter. That guy has some nerve.

MCs are toxic to women.

To sum up with a quote from the last episode, Jax - who the hell are you?

Paris, Texas

Back to top Go down

Post  Paris, Texas Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:10 am

So it looks like Jax has alienated his Veep with his emotive behaviour with the shooting of the black dude and his beatdown of Juice. A pity Bobby Elvis didn't time his visit to Clay until Clay had time to give Gemma baby Thomas' birth cert.

Paris, Texas

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:35 pm

This show is crazysauce. Kurt Sutter bit off his own tongue. What a weirdo. And I still have no idea why the RICO case got killed because Kurt killed the nurse. What does one have to do with the other? I should probably watch the show with my full attention on it, but I'm so addicted to Jewel Mania I can't help watching with just one eye.

I was thrilled to see Tara get arrested. Ditto Clay. But I can't really empathize with Jax at all anymore--he's done a lot of fucked up shit, but manhandling his ex and nailing her with a speedball is pretty much beyond the pale.

I had to FF through the dog fights and shots of trashcans full of dead pits, but I loved Tig and the pit on the chair at the end.
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:20 pm

Has anybody been watching this season? It's so crazy! If you haven't seen any of it and don't wish to be spoiled, especially for this last week, don't read further.

I think a lot of what has happened is about a season or two late. Like Clay should have been shot sooooo long ago. It should have happened when he murdered Piney. It really should have happened when he took a hit out on Tara and beat up Gemma. But it was still pretty satisfying to see him meet Mr. Mayhem. However, I do think that this is all going to blow up in Jax's face. Mostly because he's an idiot.

I'm rooting for Tara to somehow get out. If Jax wants to join her in her quest for freedom, well, fine. But she and the boys need to get the hell out of Charming. I don't really want her to rat - not because the gang doesn't deserve it. They deserve worse than that. But if she does, then I have a feeling she won't be long for this world and those boys'll end up being raised by Gemma, which as Unser pointed out last episode, is probably the worst thing that could happen to them. That Gemma doesn't see how horrible this world, this family, is and how it destroys everyone who is raised within it, is baffling to me.

Also, I say this every season, but it's becoming truer with each season: I don't see how this season ends without Juice committing suicide. I just don't.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  shanndee Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:04 am

Yes, it was a long time coming for Clay...but I can't help but feel like I am going to miss him. I am certainly going to miss Ron Perlman, he was always interesting to watch (when some of the others just...aren't).

I have disliked Jax for a very long time. Dislike has turned to hate, so I hope he doesn't end up as the last man standing. I also want Tara to go to jail. She has made a lot of bad decisions, and she has been party to two murders. I do NOT want to her to walk away free. When she was clean and showing some backbone I wanted the boys to end up with her...now it seems that the boys will lose no matter where they end up.

If Sutter is still working off of Hamlet, I think that Juice may end up in the Ophelia role.

shanndee

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyGayle Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:01 pm

I always thought Opie was Ophelia. But, damn, I need this show to finally make Gemma pay. I hate her more than I hated Clay and I've wanted him dead for years now. Who's going to poison her?

LadyGayle

Back to top Go down

Post  shanndee Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:13 am

Oh, I hear you on that! I am so tired of everything continuing to go Gemma's way. She is responsible for so much pain and suffering, yet she continues to win her battles. To quote an old movie, she is evil and must be destroyed.

...I kind of hope Unser finally breaks, realizes how much he has thrown away for this woman, and he is the one to take her out before he (finally!) dies.

shanndee

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:56 am

Well that was all kinds of horrible. I'm not coming back next season. I can't watch and see how Gemma will get away with it all because she will.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:25 am

I'm gonna need Nero to do it I think. Because....yeah. She cannot end up with Nero after this.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Paris, Texas Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:03 am

I still see Opie/Piney as Ophelia/Polonius but Tara's death by sink was nicely written by Kurt Sutter. The "it was you, Fredo" moment? Eh, a bit obvious. Also, the musical montages need to stop.

Team Juice. I am so tired of seeing him used and abused.

Jax is the worst leader/boss/president of anything, ever. His clever strategising is let down by his ego and incompetence. He doesn't even have the excuse of being amoral like Clay, emotionally abusive like Gemma or insane like Tig. Disorganised, emotional, secretive. His numerous murders aside, he's caused the deaths of many by simply not keeping people up to speed. Definitely his mother's son.

Paris, Texas

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyGayle Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:35 pm

Fucking Unser. I know he's still inexplicably in Gemma's thrall, but he supposedly cares about Tara, too. Why couldn't he keep his goddamn mouth shut? He knows Gemma, what did he think she would do with that (bullshit) information? He's an idiot.

So is Juice.

Maggie Siff and Charlie Hunnam gave brilliant performances (but then, whatever this show's many flaws, poor acting isn't one of them) but there just is no one left to root for anymore. I don't know that I'll be watching next season.

LadyGayle

Back to top Go down

Post  Paris, Texas Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:18 pm

The whole season is plagued people who couldn't keep their mouths shut, or didn't open their mouths at the appropriate times for no legitimate reason other than for dramatic arcs. I know Sons is effectively a prime-time soap but come on, Sutter.

I'm guessing the season suffered from hasty rewrites after Donal Logue's unexpected departure. The last few eps have been poorly structured. In 20 minutes, Gemma goes from being dumped by Nero, drowning her sorrows in a spliff then going on a psychotic rampage about an deal that she knew would be a very good possibility for a while. The boilover happened too quickly, and the death of Tara wasn't as impactful as I expected.

One of the few elements that occurred organically in character was Juice. It's a testament to Charlie Hunnam the numbers of people on who want to make Juice pay, even though Jax giving him the kiss of death means Juice owes him little. After Juice's of the past few seasons (a man not made to be a killer finding family among killers and being forced to kill) it made sense he'd do something reckless just to get his foot in a hold, if only for his own sanity.

CCH Pounder also killed it in her dialogue with Jax and her eyes lighting up at the end. No way they can prove the gun was Jax's so somehow she'll jig with the evidence and the testimonies.

Paris, Texas

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:52 pm

It was Unser basically giving Gemma a loaded gun and pointing her at Tara that lost me. Yes, Unser loves Gemma, but he also loves Tara and the boys so that made no sense whatsoever. And if they don't have him figure out what happened in the first three seconds of next season and force Gemma to turn herself in, I'm done. It was bad enough that Gemma gets her way again, and I realise that Kurt Sutter idealizes the Gemma character to the point of insanity, but this is ridiculous. The only way to buy this back at this point is to have Jax find out what Gemma's done and brutally murder his own mother for her crimes. Which isn't good, because while I have no problem believing it's something Jax could do, what happens to the kids at that point. But then, what's going to happen to the kids, regardless. Honestly, the best option at this point is to have Margaret adopt both of those kids and move out of Charming. It may be the only option.

Juice's soul was lost the moment he killed Miles. It's just been a downward spiral ever since. I kind of wish he was dead. Honestly, I kind of wish there was only six seasons and everyone was dead. I hate all of the characters now. They're all some version of fucked up, stupid, homicidal, or a combination of all three. Why do I watch a show about these people?
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:15 pm

Tara's death, while I knew was inevitable, really got to me. Tara was my connection to the show, and her relationship with Jax was one of the few rootable things about the show. She and Roosevelt were the closest to morally aware characters the show had and to get rid of them both in one fell swoop just leaves this HUGE gaping hole that's filled with a bunch of assholes that I want to die.

That Gemma did it is believable to me though I agree the buildup for it was way too fast. That Unser was the one who set it in motion is a contrivance that is both flawed in characterization and plotting. NO WAY would Tara's attorney call Unser for information, and Unser was the one who had been trying to get Gemma to see reason when it came to the boys and the life she was forcing them into. It's like Sutter knew Tara had to die, he didn't want Jax to be the one to do it, so he half-assed the execution just to get to the end point. And that really pisses me off because Tara --and Jax, for that matter--deserved to have her death be meaningful and now like 99% of everything else on SOA it's all. about. fucking. Gemma. I am so pissed.

I'm going to watch next season because I'm a completist. (OK, and Charlie Hunnam/Jax pushes my buttons like WOAH.) But I no longer care about any of it which makes me sad. I'm sure there'll be some bullshit Sutter will pull where Gemma ends up all alone WOE but that's going to be wholly unsatisfying for me given the mess she's caused for the sake of the MC.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:10 pm

I'd given up on this show, but heard Tara had been offed so I watched the finale. Holy crap with the fork to the brain. Brutal.
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:42 pm

I never liked Tara, so I wasn't too broken up about Gemma sticking a fork in her head. She didn't deserve to go out that way, but I can't say I'll miss her. She was incredibly frustrating.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Paris, Texas Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:37 am

Sutter said Unser didn't know Gemma killed Tara, but he thought she was upset about Jax turning himself in. The only way I can see him dealing with this in character upon him discovering the murders is comforting her, but handing her over to authorities. Hopefully Sutter will be done with Gemma soon, with this new show he's lining up for her.

How many seasons to go, just one?

Maybe Nero is Laertes. Still too beatific for my liking, but smart and tactical enough to cut himself off from this toxic crowd and wear the crown.

Paris, Texas

Back to top Go down

Post  00redsvt Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:50 am

I know the finale was awhile ago but I didn't know if anyone knew this or not. Apparently the final scen with Charlie's character finding Maggie's character's body was ad lobbed by CH. I guess they just let him do what he wanted. I cried like a little baby when it all went down. Not looking forward to Gemma and Co. next season. Jax better go batshit crazy on everyone, especially his psycho mom and cry baby Juice.

00redsvt

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:26 pm

Did anyone else watch that stupid season premiere?

I have so many questions, not the least of which is why is Juice still in town? Okay, he's waiting for money from clear passages, but you can't tell me there isn't some other way he can get his hands on cash. Like from Gemma, perhaps.

Why would anyone take Gemma's word on what went down. ESPECIALLY Unser! Who basically handed her a loaded gun and set her off in Tara's direction. That him confronting her over murdering Tara wasn't in the first ten minutes of the episode is the biggest load of horseshit ever. He's not dumb. He's always been blinded by her, but not to this degree. It's so enraging.

And Gemma has become one of the most reprehensible characters on television, if not top of the list. Like, I get that she's psychotic, but it still feels like the show wants us sympathize with her, and NO! She murdered her daughter-in-law over a misunderstanding. Listening to her justify it and how she needs to stay in the boys life because they need a strong woman was the grossest thing on an episode which included Jax stabbing a guy in the skull.

I bought a season pass for the show on iTunes, but now I'm kind of regretting it, but I guess I'm in it to the end now.

dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:16 pm

My jaw dropped when Gemma came out with that "I'm the only thread keeping this family together" bit because OH MY GOD YOU DID NOT JUST. But then her at the sink talking to Tara...that kind of made me hope that she's going to finally and actually fully understand the consequences of her heinous actions (all of them, not just what she did to Tara). She had a few moments where she looked to be really struggling in the sense that she was beginning to think that even with her iron will she couldn't keep a lid on it all, you know? That what she did was truly a step too far and she just can't box it up or re-shape it into something she can manage and spin and live with (although this being Gemma she's certainly trying to). I hope that's the direction the character goes, despite Sutter's insistence that Gemma's a sympathetic character. Dude, no. Let that gooooo.

I think most people who've made it this far in the series are sticking around this season because they want to see if Gemma gets her comeuppance at last (and from Jax because surely he's going to find out). That's what I'm in for, I know that, otherwise I would have bailed by now.

(also: has everyone forgotten that Unser is supposed to be dying of cancer? Because I'm pretty sure Sutter has. Unser should have expired about three seasons ago, at least.)
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  shanndee Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:51 am

I am so sad about the direction of this final season. All of the interesting characters are either dead or are being ignored by the writing staff.

I see a minor glimmer of hope to get some more Chibs screen time in his dealing with the new chief (who is playing them to gather evidence), but not much else.

Oh well. At least it will be all over soon.

I really, really, really miss Clay, Opie, Piney and Hale.

shanndee

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarryfan Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:13 am

Can we give Walton Goggins all the awards? The scene between Venus and Tig was so beautifully done and I am happy that the writers chose to accept that they are complicated rather than "oh well, this wacky thing won't work!"

And, as always, poor Juice. Sweet dreams are not made of these.

Snarryfan

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:29 pm

That scene was, without a doubt, one of the best of the entire series, imo.
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:30 pm

So that's done. I'm glad.

It ended pretty much exactly how everyone predicted it would end. The last car chase montage to a lyrically over-wrought song was a bit too much. First of all, he looked like he was going about 30 miles an hour. How were the cops not catching him? And the song's lyrics were just so on the nose and terrible. I could not figure out what was going on there, so I googled it and it turns out Sutter wrote the lyrics for the song, and suddenly everything made a lot of sense.

Jax needed to die. I did like that he acknowledged he was a bad guy and a killer and that his sons should not be anything like him. that was good. I'm not sure I like that SAMCRO is still in tact, because I think the club needed to die, too. But whatever. Small miracles.

The only person left that I cared about was Nero, so I'm glad he's getting out, and taking Wendy and the kids with him. That was important.

There were glimmers of the show I loved in there. But not enough to erase the bullshit of the last two or three seasons.

We'll always have Opie.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum