Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Survivor

+17
naughty zoot
Wildog27
dionneshea
Mulva
biakbiak
KaveDweller
Shalamar
Gallifrey Girl
Tabby
MaddyCat
VodouDoll
swsa
Jamie
Shadowlass
Jessica
19uses
punkysdilemma
21 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Survivor - Page 6 Empty Re: Survivor

Post  Gallifrey Girl Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:57 am

Colton you asshole, good job! I wanted Jeff to quit talking cos I didn't want him convincing Colton to stay.

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Tabby Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:54 am

Both Rupert and Colton gone in the first few episodes? The producers must have been furious. I read somewhere (probably on TWOP, although I don't go there much any more) that Probst didn't want either of those two on the show, but was overruled.

It occurs to me that I've never seen one of the Redemption Island visits before now. (The previous RI seasons had cast members I refused to watch.) Can't say that I like it very much. Is it popular with the fans in general?
Tabby
Tabby

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:26 pm

I don't think it's very popular, no. Personally, I don't like it. If a contestant is voted out, let him/her be gone, already.

I feel dumb for admitting this, but I felt desperately sorry for Colton when he was crying. Tears are my Achilles' heel.
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:17 pm

Bye, Colton, you big idiot. I would love to know what Caleb sees in him, because none of us can.

I was fascinated with Aras' and Vytas' duelling childhood interpretations, with both of them feeling threatened by the other for different reasons. Those two need to go hug it out.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:48 pm

CBS spoiled the episode with their commercial that showed them saying they were drawing rocks -- which didn't take place until 53 minutes into the episode, for the love of pete -- so that took all the suspense out of it. Nice one, guys.

Probst's commentary has been getting more clunky and annoying than usual. What the heck was the point of him saying he didn't see what Caleb sees in Colton? Neither do any of us, but yeesh, at least pretend Caleb had some value in being on the show other than being engaged to that dingus.

I'm not sure who I am rooting for at this point but I'm glad we seem to be mostly free of "under the radar" types, who are so very boring.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:22 pm

What the heck was the point of him saying he didn't see what Caleb sees in Colton? Neither do any of us, but yeesh, at least pretend Caleb had some value in being on the show other than being engaged to that dingus.
I think Probst just hates Colton that much that he had to get in one last dig at him.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:06 pm

So when we started the episode we were like "Ugh, this is two hours?" But then it turned out to be very giggle-worthy.

Much as I root for the Brains in most life situations, it was kind of hilarious watching them flame out. I as well would like to see the data that assigned the Brains tribe. And J'Tia: Stop being a nutbasket. At this point I am concerned you have a Ph.D. in nutbasket. You are not doing yourself any favors.

Morgan is an ex-49ers cheerleader. My husband, who is a big 49ers fan, quite enjoyed all the time she spent running around in her bra. I submit that he probably would have enjoyed that even if she were a Seahawks cheerleader.

Aaaand that one dude on the Beauty tribe looks like Jon Hamm, amirite?
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:46 pm

This tribal council may have been one of my favourites ever.

You had: a tribe whispering amongst themselves to change their vote to "the other one"
Not one but *two* people pulling out unknown to the rest of the tribe hidden immunity idols to use not on themselves, but on each other. That they didn't even need! Ha!
One person switching sides, but not necessarily the one you thought would.
A blindside vote that booted the person who thought they were safest, with cries of "who switched!!!"

I'm actually sad about the outcome cos it puts my faves (Spencer and Tasha) on the minority side.

I had liked Kas up until this episode. She should've just let Sarah have her moment to rule and dealt with her later. Now that she's on the side with 6-4 people, I kinda hope the six take her out, cos they could still have the majority.

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Thu May 15, 2014 4:19 pm

I'll give her this, this season would have been pretty dull without her, but Kass' behavior boggles the mind.

Husband and I are having a debate over whether this jury would reward strategic gameplay despite hating the guy, or would vote for the least odious person on the final three. In which case Tony really should have gotten rid of Woo.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:27 pm

New cast is up

It includes TWINNEEEEEEE!!!! Ugh, ugh, ugh.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:47 pm

Considering that this is a blood vs water season and half the cast are returning, I looked at those people and couldn't remember any of them! Maybe seeing them on the show instead of just a picture will jog my memory?

ETA: Maybe I have it wrong and it's not like the last blood vs water, and these are all new folk?

But I did recognise Clay Aiken's ex boyfriend Reed Kelly as one of the participants, so yay?

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowlass Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:24 pm

I don't recognize any of them either....

Shadowlass

Back to top Go down

Post  Tabby Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:52 am

I read somewhere that they decided to ditch the Redemption Island thing (which, yay! I hate RI) and have some new "twist" instead.
Tabby
Tabby

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:02 am

Oh thank you gods of Survivor for not making us further put up with Nadiya and her belief that gay men are totally girls, and that this is OK to say out loud multiple times. I guess Josh decided he didn't need to put up with that crap either.

I like the Southern dad guy. Jury's still out on Rocker.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:09 pm

Yeah, the less twinnies the better.

Interesting that Josh's decision was to make no decision when he was put in the middle, by voting for Baylor.

Dale saying how long it took to make fire was interesting - 1 1/2 hours *after* he broke his glasses. Yikes!

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl Mon May 11, 2015 5:14 pm

Ha, I was the last person to post in this thread eight months ago, and in that post I mentioned three names, and now I don't even remember who any of those people are!

Which actually was almost my point for *this* post.

On the last show they mentioned going to the website to look at 32 contestants from previous seasons, and voting for who you want to come back for another try. Even though I've watched every episode, so many of them were completely unfamiliar to me - and I'm not just talking about about the people booted out in 15th or so place. There were top five finishers that I didn't recognise.  Apparently my brain is a sieve for former contestants?

And then two of the 32 potential comeback people are CURRENTLY on the show (a couple have been booted off this season already, but two are still actively playing.) Spoilers!!

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Mon May 11, 2015 5:34 pm

The voting thingy bugs me because it requires you to pick exactly ten women and exactly ten men. I can't remember who half the women are, but picking ten means I would have to randomly add people who may suck. They should have used headshots taken from the game -- I don't recognize anyone with makeup on.

Probst said the presence of Carolyn & Mike is not necessarily a spoiler, only that if either of them does win they would be disqualified from appearing again. I don't see how Mike is going to make it through the rest of this season, though.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Tabby Tue May 12, 2015 10:01 am

Even though I've watched every episode, so many of them were completely unfamiliar to me - and I'm not just talking about about the people booted out in 15th or so place. There were top five finishers that I didn't recognise.
Thank God it's not just me. I admit to skipping a few seasons because I found certain contestants so loathsome, but I've watched by far more seasons than I've skipped, and I really, really don't remember most of these people. I figure I've got so much trivia about the British royals clogging up my brain that retaining all the Survivor contestants would force me to forget things, like how to drive a car.
Tabby
Tabby

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Thu May 21, 2015 12:49 pm

Mike going on a challenge tear and winning the game almost redeems the season, so, good for him. I just wish Probst had spent approximately zero time talking to Dan and Will at the reunion, because Dan is a drama queen asshat and Will is odious. Seriously, did Will really just apologize to Shirin's family (the one she doesn't have much of a relationship with??), and then tell her he was sorry but she really needs to get over things that happened in the past? We were yelling FUCK YOU too loud at the TV to tell if he meant the things he said in the game or her past history of being abused.

I'll give them this, though, usually by the reunion everyone is all "Oh Jeff, that was all just part of the game, we are all super best friends now." I was kind of impressed at Shirin for not brushing it under the rug, even though she might benefit from taking the high road and letting Will continue to dig in further. (A friend of mine knows Shirin from a previous job, and said yeah, she does kind of tell people exactly what she thinks...)

The cast for Second Chances is about what I expected except I definitely thought Carolyn would make it in. I'm amused that America didn't vote in many villain characters (I think Abi-Maria is terrible but can't place the specifics) -- it's as if the Survivor viewing audience has no need for additional uncomfortable, dysfunctional bullshit in the game. To us, the most hilarious part of the reunion was Jeff lining up the four interchangeable young women types, neglecting to say two of their last names, not actually saying what seasons they were from, and telling them two of them made it on the show, and still neither of us had any idea who any of them were. Lulz.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:02 pm

Even though I was rooting for Spencer, Jeremy was a satisfying win as well.

Next season looks like the one where they all die.

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddyCat Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:01 pm

I can't believe Spencer didn't get even ONE vote. I'm fine with the Jeremy win, but I thought Spencer played an impressive game, so I was surprised at how much animosity there seemed to be towards him. Threatening Jeremy in the last Tribal didn't do him any favors, clearly.

MaddyCat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum