Celebrity Feuds

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Celebrity Feuds

Post  katesti on Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:17 pm

UGH. Short version: we went to high school together, I was friends with her brother, she was a raging RAGING asshole. Almost twenty years later, I can acknowledge that we were teenagers and we were all raging assholes. But I still want to throw things any time I see her on a screen, because I am rational like that.

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann on Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:18 am

Sweet, I was going to ask if the beef was MN-related. And, yeah, we were all a-holes in high school, but that's a way more legit reason to hate a celeb than any of mine. (Sample reasons: ugh baby voice, annoying posture, played spoiler to a ship I liked (absolutely the least defensible), etc.)
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge on Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:58 pm

Team They Both Suck, over here. I love "Shake It Off", though.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  year of the cat on Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:59 pm

Me too! (I'm So Ashamed) Team Both Girls need to get away from John Mayer
year of the cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:51 pm

Oooh, TMZ is saying Taylor knew the dancers were going back to Katy.

I'm team "who is culturally appropriating less this week?"
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis on Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:09 pm

aren't these women supposed to be singers? Is losing three dancers gonna ruin their tour so much that there's a big grudge over it? (I know, I know, it's probably a huge pain the ass to get three new dancers to learn routines . . . )

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:45 pm

I feel like Taylor Swift just loves to be a victim. There's always someone being mean to her, and she's "too nice" to out them directly so she writes songs about all her alleged nemeses and then pretty much tells the world who the songs are about. It's gotten really old and tired. I'm sure she's a perfectly sweet person, but it wouldn't hurt her to actually try and keep private matters private instead of always crying to the press whenever she gets her feelings wounded.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  mayram on Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:21 pm

whatthedeuce wrote:I feel like Taylor Swift just loves to be a victim. There's always someone being mean to her, and she's "too nice" to out them directly so she writes songs about all her alleged nemeses and then pretty much tells the world who the songs are about. It's gotten really old and tired. I'm sure she's a perfectly sweet person, but it wouldn't hurt her to actually try and keep private matters private instead of always crying to the press whenever she gets her feelings wounded.

I was thinking about that the other day when this story was playing out on the radio and I honestly hope that she's just milking that victim stance for the publicity and the money. Because she's been pretty much on top of the world for longer than her voice and her songwriting really deserve, IMO, and if she's really crying in her beer over this petty shit right now, that's quite a waste of time.

She really doesn't bother me at all and I have more of her songs on my ipod than I'd ever admit without a court order, but when I read the bit about her not dating as much because of how people make fun of her [paraphrased from what I heard], I rolled my eyes. Enjoy the ride honey, it'll be over before you know it!

mayram

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 on Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:06 am

I feel like Taylor Swift just loves to be a victim. There's always someone being mean to her, and she's "too nice" to out them directly so she writes songs about all her alleged nemeses and then pretty much tells the world who the songs are about.

Yeah, this. I don't mind Taylor Swift or Katy Perry or their music, so I don't really care about this "feud." But I feel like Taylor frequently references people who are mean to her/about her, how she doesn't care and everyone should all just get along, but then goes off and writes songs about it and talks about it in interviews. It's so boring and contradictory to the image I think she wants us to see: the one where she's a cute, awkward, girl next door who will never be the "cool" girl. It feels very badly calculated and I wonder how long it will take her or her PR team to realise this.
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:16 am

Eh, I think it's pretty well calculated, she's shifting her image to match up better with her actual personality. It's why she had the sorry not sorry bit about the sea wall. Most purveyors of gossip loved that Rolling Stone piece, because she's seemingly dropping the facade, showing she's very much in charge of her own brand.

I'm team Tay, not because she's right, but because I find her more interesting than Katy Perry, and yes more talented, if only at marketing herself. She's a baller when it comes to show business, which is probably why Katy "stealing" her own damn dancers back ticked Tay Tay off so much (along with the Mayer thing). She's always been a total stealth bitch/Heather since she did the bit about the Joe Jonas doll dumping her via text, and I've enjoyed her game thoroughly.

Having said all that Kanye was right about Bey over Tay. Hee.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:28 am

Calculated or not, she is tiresome as hell. I like some of her songs, but I can't stand Taylor herself.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara on Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:12 pm

I have nothing to add except that 1) that profile is great and makes me like her and 2) I live in the same town as Watch Hill (it's its own little enclave of wealth, they're most people's second or third homes. They love to pretend they're not part of our town, but they are) and she and the reporter are both correct about the seawall. People FREAKED OUT, but it was super old, crumbling, and undercut by Hurricane Sandy. She really did need to redo it and had all the correct permits. People love saying they see her around town and claiming her as a local, but then they turn around and bitch about her blocking access to the beach/bringing too much attention/being a pain in the ass. But she's almost never here, there is no paparazzi presence, and when two guys have already been arrested trying to SWIM up to her house, I can't blame her for restricting access.

That said, the hotel was already one of the most expensive in the country. They double their rates in the summer regardless of who's living nearby.

(lol fact: her driveway that faces the public road has a little "no trespassing" sign in the shrubs that says "I knew you were trouble when you walked in.")

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude on Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:39 pm

Martha Stewart vs. Gwyneth Paltrow

Is it wrong that I really laughed?

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot on Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:54 pm

I'm only surprised it took Martha this long to comment. She's not wrong.
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma on Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:02 pm

punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:41 pm

I really like Shonda (I hated her blog back in the day and thought she could get a little too into her genius, but like she writes crack I enjoy and is one of the few that actually casts in a way representative of society) and have no great love of Heigl (I remember rumors of her being unpleasant from back when I was a teenage Roswell fangirl), but ...I'm always made uncomfortable when she comes for Heigl, but not Columbus Short or Isaiah Washington.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak on Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:47 pm

I'm always made uncomfortable when she comes for Heigl, but not Columbus Short or Isaiah Washington.

Seriously. I am not even saying she needs to call out the other two but why even bring Heigl's name up. She could have said the exact same sentence and had it convey the same meaning without singling her out given the behaviors of the other two.
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm on Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:14 pm

Hannibal Buress vs. Bill Cosby

I already feel weird when I run across a Cosby rerun, and I also feel weird that so many people I know are going to see his show when it comes to town.
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:00 pm

Wow. I am completely ignorant of any rape allegations against Cosby, much less 13! My mind is blown and saddened.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising on Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:35 pm

I'm glad to see someone finally calling him out on this in public. There have been a number of articles, but no one in the industry so far has been willing to stand up and call him out on his alleged crimes and his blatant hypocrisy.
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel on Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:02 am

whatthedeuce wrote:Wow. I am completely ignorant of any rape allegations against Cosby, much less 13! My mind is blown and saddened.

Me too. Wow (and not in a good way.) Plus, the hypocrisy of someone railing about high standards for everyone, and not living up to basic things like, "Don't rape people." Yikes.
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:06 am

Yeah, he can get on a high horse about the problems he sees with young people nowadays, but he's been accused of rape numerous times. Incredible.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising on Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:32 am

Posted this on my FB page, and was surprised by how many people were unaware that this is a thing.
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:36 am

I have honestly never heard a negative thing about Bill Cosby until today, and I'm nearly 30!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarryfan on Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:52 am

I knew he was a terrible person but not for the rape allegations. Every person I've met who've worked at a theatre he has appeared in or have been at a hotel he has stayed always say he is the worst person ever. He is super mean to staff and anyone "beneath him." My uncle once saw him berating hotel staff in the lobby for no reason beyond not showing him proper deference. I always found it weird that the actors who were kids on the show still call him Mr. Cosby--even though they are in their 30s/40s.

Snarryfan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top