American Horror Story

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: American Horror Story

Post  Case on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:54 am

Season 2? Gloriously manages to dump everything that was dull about last season.

Case

http://www.facebook.com/case.crum

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy on Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:32 am

I really never needed to see Adam Levine
Spoiler:
use his own saliva as lube.

I hope I can stick with this season longer than the first. The appearance of the dude in the gimp suit doing his shenanigans on Connie Britton ended my relationship with season one. Even after 90 billion seasons of Nip/Tuck, that was just too weird, even for me. And I'm pretty frackin' weird.
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:25 pm

OK, I never watched this the first season, because I'm a wuss, and even the lure of Dylan McDermott wasn't strong enough. But hauntedy asylums are my JAM, so I watched the first episode (in the daytime) and I am on board.

With the caveat that I missed all the ups and downs of last season, and that I am actually less likely to watch a show if Ryan Murphy is involved with it, I love the IDEA of doing a completely new show each season, with some of the same actors, or not, around a general theme (an American horror story), Christopher Guest-style.

I am psyched for Chloe Sevigny and I missed Clea Duvall. Did not notice that was Adam Levine. MILD PROSOPAGNOSIA IS REAL, TINA. /Jacob Silj

I can't quite figure out Jessica Lange's accent but it's working for me. Brahmin-ish?

I am actually kind of disappointed about
Spoiler:
the alien angle, despite my documented fondness for shows with aliens in them. I don't feel like aliens fit in a horror-asylum kind of world. Maybe it's something else, or maybe they'll make it good.
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Case on Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:20 am

I take back what I said about last week.

Why is the show awfully coherent now? I miss last year's typical Murphy tonal shifts, and inconsistent characterization. AHS has gotten dull, it's no fun when everyone has the same personality traits from scene to scene.
Case

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy on Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:39 am

I have no idea what to think of this show. It's really well shot, directed, and edited, but I don't know if I like it or not. It's just so over the top crazeballs. I'm not sure if I'm watching it to torture myself or if I'm enjoying it.
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Case on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:34 am

I'd like more of Frances Conroy as the Angel of Death, please. Especially if she faces off against Sister Mary Satan.
That was deliciously fabulous.

Also? NOOO! POOR LANA!
Case

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:49 pm

I'm finally all caught up and it's like damn, women issues much? I almost screamed when Lana got in the car with Tom Cruise's cousin cause he always plays someone evil or weird.
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  RubberMan on Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:56 am

Delurking to post my thoughts on this week's episode from my tumblr -

Well, American Horror Story.

What a fucking weird episode this week’s was. I felt like this one was shoe-horned in with no thought to what had come before it. The Kit/Grace/Alma stuff was just fucking bizarre. How come nobody mentions the fact that Grace is a SERIAL KILLER apart from Grace herself? Why isn’t that a problem? Is the fact also that both these women were DEAD not a problem either? Whatever. Grace & Alma’s deaths felt kind of anticlimactic since I thought they would be around at least to help solve why the aliens only ever go after Kit. I’m so done with the whole alien thing too. Next week is the finale and we’re still no further forward on what the answers are about them.

Jude’s story was just horrible. After the writers put so much effort into redeeming her from about I Am Anne Frank onwards it’s just depressing that she ends up as an insane patient after all. The Angel was wasted. It was also just fucking stupid for Jude to ever trust the Monsignor again after what he did to her.

The biggest problem though was Lana and the hack job they did on her character after 11 episodes of constant bettering herself and being the hero, they turn her into a selfish, narcissistic cold, evil bitch because fame has gone to her head. They could have took her down so many other roads and they chose this one, which frankly makes me want her to have an unhappy ending. But then I thought: that’s what Lana was after in the first place. A story. Her big break. But whatever, next week I’m assuming Bloody Face 2012 is going to shoot her dead so I’m past caring.

Speaking of, SHUT THE FUCK UP DYLAN MCDERMOTT YOUR CHARACTER IS POINTLESS AND BORING. I was hoping beyond hope he wouldn’t be Bloody Face’s child after all and would be Grace & Kit’s but what the fuck ever.

The only good part of this episode was the sense that Briarcliff’s days were numbered; I really really miss Eunice & Dr Arden. The asylum has literally just been left to rot. Sigh.

OH AND THEY KILLED PEPPER?!!! Done. So done.

Having said all that, I’m still gutted that next week is the last episode of the season. To be honest, this was the first episode of the season I didn’t absolutely adore from start to finish so.. Roll on next week! I literally don’t know what I’ll do after this season finishes. Maybe I’ll go to Briarcliff.

RubberMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose on Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:17 am

Jessica Lange and Frances Conroy in costume for the new season. Spoilery only if you don't like clothes, I guess? They aren't presented in context or anything. They are, however, INSANE. Can't wait.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:07 pm

I watched the entire second season this week. It was so batshit crazy, so illogical in places, so over the top...but I think I liked it even more than the 1st season.

I thought the aliens subplot was completely stupid the entire season, but they give me 2-3 scenes in the finale of the aliens giving peace to Sister Jude, and suddenly I find I'm okay with all of it. I'm way too easy.

I was not one of the Tate obsessives during S1, but I really loved Evan Peters in S2.

Jessica Lange was seriously beyond words. I cannot imagine any other actress making a semi-coherent character progression out of those storylines, but somehow she managed it and made me root for her to get a happy ending. Magical powers, I swear.

Sara Paulson was also amazing. And I think she's a big reason why this season had more of an affect on me than S1. In all the craziness, there was still always something human with her, and what she went through from Ep. 1 all the way to the end was truly terrifying.

I do think this show may work best when you don't have tons of time to wait and speculate. If I'd watched it in real time, I might have see the Dr. Thredson twist coming a mile away. Marathoning it though, the ookiness and growing dread at realizing that candy dish was a skull was just....eek.
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:12 pm

Loving the Season 3 teaser.

Those last few seconds have me so excited.
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose on Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:11 pm

I got so excited to see all the familiar faces in new roles. I really enjoy this method of storytelling a lot.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  Fraoch on Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:08 am

It's back, and I'm hooked. Love all the familiar faces, and yay to the addition of Kathy Bates and Angela Bassett! I'm assuming (hoping) that Lily Rabe will appear in flashbacks or be resurrected or something, because otherwise, what a waste of casting.

Fraoch

Back to top Go down

Post  shanndee on Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:41 pm

I'm really looking forward to this season. I'm not sure of exactly when I'll get to watch it (Hubby made me promise to watch it with him, and our dvr only seems to get more full.

I'm sure I can twist his arm to make it a priority...

shanndee

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:26 am

Kathy Bates was creepy as hell. I love when you can see how much these actresses just love tearing into this material, melodrama/camp and all.

And Jessica Lange was looking hot.
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  shanndee on Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:01 pm

I finally got to watch this today. I am very optimistic for this season! I absolutely love Kathy Bates and Jessica Lange. It would appear that those 2 are just going to act circles around those kids. I hope they are paying attention...they may learn a lot!

Also, "Don't make me drop a house on you." Awesome!

shanndee

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:52 am

Oh Ryan Murphy, just when I think wow is that narrative cohesion I see in this show. BOOM: Random Minotaur sex.

Yeah that happened.

And I think I somehow missed the end? Because recaps are saying La Lange killed Madison, but all I saw was her getting falled down drunk at the pool table, unless she was being falled down poisoned? Regardless, with Misty around and Laveau having an immortality spell I doubt a character dying will stick.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Fraoch on Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:31 am

Oh, yes, you missed the entire last scene then! Fiona pulled out the knife (razor?) that she'd used to kill Christine Ebersole and told Madison that she should go ahead and kill Fiona now and take over as the new Supreme. Madison refused, and they struggled, and Fiona ended up slitting Madison's throat. And then she told Denis O'Hare to bury the body.

Fraoch

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:52 am

UGH Stupid FX made me think the episode was over, w/that odd cut at the end of the bar scene to a title card and "see what's next on AHS!" I thought it was a weird ending, but it IS AHS/Murphy so? Hee.

I love that Fiona commented on the rug, since one of my favorite observations from the first episode was the shot of a really mid centrury modern Target for Home like rug in the frat house rape room. I'm like what frat house in the world bothers with a rug like that instead of a Goodwill find, but maybe frat boys take decor/feng shui seriously in the Big Easy.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  mialoubug on Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:17 pm

I missed Christine Ebersole getting stabbed! When did that happen?

LOVED seeing Mare Winningham. Too bad about that.
mialoubug

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus on Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:04 pm

She played the Supreme prior to Fiona. From whom Fiona took over. Ahem.

Too bad about that.
At first I thought that too, but then 1) necromancy, 2) "Hey, Mare, got a day free? You get to hit on a bong and Evan Peters. It'll be fun."

Meanwhile:

"LLLLLIIIIIIIIIIEEEESSSSSSS....."

That single word escaped from my television and laid waste to the city.
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  killershrew on Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:24 pm

Corvus wrote:
She played the Supreme prior to Fiona.
THAT'S who that was. I missed the guest star credits because I was polishing my shoes and trying not to mess up my clothes, but it was driving me nuts trying to figure out who the 1970s Supreme was. Thanks for clearing that up!
killershrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose on Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:34 pm

Dudes and dudettes, the incest scene legit made me feel sick. And then the minotaur. I...do not know if this season is for me. Which is a shame, because I loved last season and had high hopes for this one.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 on Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:56 am

Is it bad that I kind of hope they kill off the rest of the teens right away, and the remainder of the season is just Jessica Lange and Angela Bassett and Kathy Bates chewing up the scenery and going to war, while Sarah Paulson looks annoyed? Because I really don't care about the teens.
And "this coven doesn't need a new Supreme, it needs a new rug" had me laughing for like 10 minutes.
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:06 am

The AV Club's review of last nights "episode" is spot on. Here is a List of Things That Happened (sadly he didn't just make a list). I think I'm liking S3 better than S1 simply because Murphy isn't even pretending he's telling a story. I think his concept for this show if he had a concept at all is just to sort of have you walk through his personal haunted house. You just move from room to room, plot to plot, character to character and you observe, and you're creeped out, or you roll your eyes, or you laugh your ass off, and then you move on to the next thing.

Having said that I'm still trying to extract meaning out of Hank's little side trip. My take away was that it was explicitly linked to both Cordelia's spell and that him sexing and sacrificing this chick would "complete" it. Then they had Cordelia puking at the end, she had been drinking, but IDK I think she might be knocked up now.

I don't care for cowed LaLaurie, back to being hateful yet persecuted bitch please.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top