Unpopular Fame Opinions You Hold

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Unpopular Fame Opinions You Hold

Post  Heather on Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:07 pm

This is apparently an INCREDIBLY unpopular opinion, but: I don't get Gale Harold. At all. I don't think he's that attractive, nor compelling, nor talented. I have tried; I just don't get it.

Heather

Back to top Go down

Post  tothemax on Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:59 pm

I've only seen him in Queer as Folk, where I thought he (and most of the cast) was unwatchable.

tothemax

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:23 pm

I think I saw the QaF pilot and some random episode of Law & Order (or was it CSI?) that guest starred Gale Harold, and I remember wondering how on earth that dude ever gets cast for stuff, especially the lead in a series. He seems bland when he wasn't being plain awful.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:26 pm

He has been on both CSI: NY and SVU. I also don't get him or his floppy hair.
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal on Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:29 pm

He is by FAR the worst actor on The Secret Circle. It doesn't get much lower than that.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:39 pm

I think it must have been SVU that I saw him on. Regardless of the show, he just bores me and isn't remotely attractive. Not ugly or anything, but so blah and vanilla.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:22 pm

I don't get Gale Harold. At all. I don't think he's that attractive, nor compelling, nor talented. I have tried; I just don't get it.

Hee see I haven't even tried, and it's why I always refer to him as Bad Actor Gale Harold. Because he is just really really bad, but in a kind of fun way so I still enjoy him on The Secret Circle, maybe because Charles is such a chump, he's much more believable as a chump than a hot BAMF.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:16 am

I honestly think it was the role of Brian Kinney. Because he himself was not good in at all. I watched Queer as Folk and was like "...really...?...him?"
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  sunni94 on Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:50 pm

I don't care about Whitney Houston's death. Sure it's sad given she has a child, but I was way more affected by Etta James and her music. Plus Whitney oversang EVERYTHING which is my biggest irritant. And now I'm probably going to hell for not caring. Same with Michael Jackson. How quickly we forgot his alleged child molestation and meanness of naming a child blanket?

sunni94

Back to top Go down

Post  caltrask55 on Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:32 am

I know I am probably alone in thinking this but every time I see a picture of Christina Hendricks I think "hot mess". She just always looks not only uncomfortable to me but like she just rolled out of bed.

caltrask55

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:36 am

I love her, but I'd wish she'd get a new stylist.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:05 am

Her outfits are pretty hit or miss, but I think Christina Hendricks is a beautiful woman. I do admit though that she's looked less than attractive in plenty of photos that I've seen, but in motion, she's gorgeous!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  sobe on Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:15 am

caltrask55 wrote:I know I am probably alone in thinking this but every time I see a picture of Christina Hendricks I think "hot mess". She just always looks not only uncomfortable to me but like she just rolled out of bed.

She doesn't know how to dress herself and, while I appreciate her repping for curvy girls, I'm sick of seeing her boobs hiked up to her chin. What's even more surprising to me is how bad her makeup looks at events. It's always too harsh and she ends up looking weird and/or trashy.

sobe

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:20 am

Her makeup does look rather garish at many events. I can totally see why others might not find her attractive or whatever.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:22 am

I think shes beautiful, I just once again wish she had a better stylist or someone to get her better clothes. She deserves better.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  eco on Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:19 am

Christina Hendricks looks utterly gorgeous on Mad Men and totally clownish in real life. She needs a good stylist, a better makeup artist, and for the love of god, a hairdresser.

I really hated Michelle Williams boohooing about Heath Ledger in GQ. YOU WERE BROKEN UP. Yes, you two were adorable at the Oscars that one year. Yes, he is the father of your child, and it's deeply sad that she will only know him through other people, but you were not together when he died. Wasn't he dating someone else? If he hadn't died, you would both probably have four kids with other people by now.

eco

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:26 am

I read a Vogue article about her a few years ago that was actually from an interview done the day that he was found dead. She implied in it that she thought they might get back together (she was still under the impression he was alive)

For better or worse I do actually believe she thinks they would have gotten together. I don't know if I believe it, but I think she believes it and believes that he was the love of her life.

I don't know. That article made me uncomfortable, but mostly cause I believed her grief was genuine and it made me uncomfortable as a stranger to see it. Shes just someone I feel deeply sad for and who I like a lot. I can't help it.

He was dating Gemma Ward when he died I think. I do sometimes wonder what she thinks.

Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile on Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:12 am

I would think that losing, yes, the father of her child in a tragic, surprise event not that long after the breakup would be enough to make anyone "boohoo" about it.
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny on Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:06 pm

Yeah, I absolutely think that even though they were broken up, she was still in love with him, and losing hime before she'd gotten over the relationship isn't something she'll ever stop mourning. I would rather reporters didn't ask her about it than us blame her for the way she grieves.
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:23 pm

Also maybe they WOULD have gotten back together. They were young. They had only been broken up a few months. Who knows? Its hollywood. And I imagine that haunts her too.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmine on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:02 pm

I don't quite get why being broken up would make someone not be upset. I mean, there are people that I've been broken up with for a while, and yet I'd still be devastated if something like that happened to them, and we're not even co-parents. Why do people think that being together when he died is a prerequisite for being sad about his death?

Jasmine

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:07 pm

I've just felt for the last two Oscar races, she's been okay with using his death as a campaign strategy and that's made me very uncomfortable and my opinion of her has dropped because of it.
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:15 pm

That, I get. In theory, anyway. I haven't read/seen enough to have an opinion either way.

I think I'll always like Michelle because a) I like her acting, b) she brings Busy Phillips to every award show, and c) I predicted early on that she would be the one from Dawson's Creek to have the best career and I am NEVER right about that stuff, so it's the one showbiz prediction I get to be smug about.
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:35 pm

my opinion of her has dropped because of it.

Whereas I never liked Heath Ledger, so her dating him in the first place made my opinion of her drop, thus weirdly her using that experience to win an Oscar is fine by me.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:57 pm

On a different unpopular opinion, I realized recently that I actually like Renee Zellweger as an actress, and it's just her face that pisses me off.
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top