Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hunger Games

+82
Snarryfan
The Dude
nazlan
LadyGayle
jaraga
tchaikca
jstilwe
mokey75
Never Enough
Pop'n'Fresh
celest
oxymoron
Rhilin
Cynara
Tabby
Ceci
Raksha
Raised by wolves
punzy
RiverThames
Menshevixen
Auroura76
FiggyPudding
snorf
dionneshea
Gilraen
Fiammetta
particle_person
sen3
Caramel Coffee
vwlphb
SarahJanet
Charishawk
PrincessCleo
big chicken
ActonBell
Luthien
Agent Sculder
Putli Bai
dreago
MtOlivePickles
preciosa
Wildog27
mandalaya
Poubelle
BrightEyes
choubetcha
katesti
Unlucky Bear
Paris, Texas
jcpdiesel21
Kookla
bbridges
ulkis
gannetguts
Lily Rose
Genevieve
Gillian
BreezyK
Gallifrey Girl
Instant Monkeys
Bad Username
QueenSix
narfzz
The Lady of Shalott
Carrie Ann
curryalley
Maestro
biakbiak
rivki8699
paablish
whatthedeuce
laddical
eventide82
Grainne Mhaol
queenofdenile
Kiran
bookworm
blixie
inversed
swsa
jensa
86 posters

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

The Hunger Games - Page 10 Empty Re: The Hunger Games

Post  Rhilin Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:11 pm

ulkis wrote:
I so agree. I'm going to be sorely disappointed if this does not happen. On another message board, someone suggested Zach Efron, and I had to close my browser to recover..

Hee.

Why am I picturing Finnick as a blond? Tell me it's because that's how he was described in the book.

Even though it's 1000% inaccurate, I can't help but picture Finnick as Namor.

Rhilin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainne Mhaol Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:14 pm

I can't think of anyone else but Garret Hedlund as Finnick. I think he'd be great.
Grainne Mhaol
Grainne Mhaol

http://foodcultureinireland.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:44 pm

I love him. But I feel like hes more sexy then he is beautiful. Although I wouldn't turn down the image of him in a net.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:43 pm

Gillian wrote:Whoever it ends up being, they NEED to get Armie Hammer on board as Finnick. One of you fine people suggested that ages ago, and I was like, "Oooohh, yes! He'd be perfect!" And then I saw Mirror Mirror last night, and now I am utterly convinced that no one else will do.
That may have been me who suggested him. My husband and I are completely behind this idea and desperately want it to happen. He wanted to start an online petition for this, but there are already ones along with Facebook pages that have been created, so there is a significant amount of fan support. I think Armie would work perfectly not only because he's incredibly pretty but because he can pull off the occasional smarmy/sleazy side of the character.

While he's my top choice, I'd be fine with most of the names bandied about by you all. Except for Alex Pettyfer; I just don't like that guy.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:48 pm

Oh I don't either. He seems like a jackass.

Someone suggested Max Irons somewhere else and I could see that.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightEyes Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:00 pm

Armie Hammer or Jesse Williams for Finnick. Either way, it would be a good day for my eyeballs.

BrightEyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:04 pm

Jesse Williams, hell yes.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  MtOlivePickles Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:08 am

BrightEyes wrote:Armie Hammer or Jesse Williams for Finnick. Either way, it would be a good day for my eyeballs.

I've been on Team Armie, but Jesse Williams would be fabulous. Holy shit, those eyes.

MtOlivePickles

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:10 am

Wouldn't have known who he was if not for The Cabin in the Woods. Yes, those eyes - I usually don't notice eyes on anyone but I found myself focusing on his eyes and glasses quite a bit in Cabin.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:37 am

His eyes are ridiculously gorgeous. He is good on Grey's Anatomy and I'd love to see him get a lot of high profile movie gigs. He could totally be Finnick.
bbridges
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  Paris, Texas Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:40 am

I don't mind who plays Finnick, as long as it is not Alex Pettyfer, that gormless twat from Arthur or a Weasley. I've not seen The Social Network and have never seen Armie Hammer in anything other than on TMZ because that guy who's in love with Armie always pitches stories with him, but he looks great.

Kristen Bell put her hand up for Johanna Mason, and she is exactly who I imagined when reading. Johanna is exactly the same as the deceitful, coy character she played on Deadwood. But the very fact that she mentioned (if only once or twice) to the press that she's after the role will likely backfire (memories of Sean Young campaigning for Catwoman linger...). But honestly, it's a role that could be played well by scads of actresses between 27 and 35.

I pictured David Harewood as Chaff, William H. Macy as Beetee and Sandra Oh or Viola Davis as Snow. Plutarch Heavensbee was a really interesting character, but I have no idea who would play him.

Paris, Texas

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:43 am

I think Kristen Bell could definitely do it (in part because she looks so young) but I always thought Johanna was more in her early 20s. Ever since Naya Rivera mentioned that it was her dream role I kinda have thought she might rock it.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:33 am

...I am now completely aboard that train, even though I had no idea it existed until right now. (And I think yeah, Johanna is supposed to be right between Katniss and Finnick in age; she was after Finnick but several years before Katniss. So she's young too.)

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  Kookla Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:04 pm

I have to say, all the talk about who might play Johanna Mason confuses me and makes me want to go back and read the book again. Because I want to know why I pictured someone who looks more like a gothless Lisbeth Salander. I pictured a small person, but with short hair and not really attractive. I have no idea why now.

Kookla

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:32 pm

Heh, SHE sure thought she was attractive. She's always dropping her clothes or oiling her boobs.
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:14 pm

In my mind, Johanna Mason looked exactly like...well, Jennifer Lawrence with her natural hair color. I saw the movie again and liked JL a lot more the second time around, so I'm glad she's Katniss, but it's going to be weird for me to see someone else play Johanna.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paris, Texas Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:25 pm

Naya Rivera looks all Botoxed and gross, and doesn't look or seem stronger or more mature than Jennifer Lawrence.

Paris, Texas

Back to top Go down

Post  Kookla Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:43 pm

Heh, SHE sure thought she was attractive. She's always dropping her clothes or oiling her boobs.
Paradoxically, maybe that's why I thought she wasn't so attractive; those seem like the actions of someone who thinks they are attractive but really isn't anything special, or someone who isn't terribly good looking but doesn't care. Either way, I pictured Johanna as really tomboy-ish. Oh well.

Kookla

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:46 pm

That, or she was quite confident in her looks but really annoyed by Katniss and using her looks to intimidate (Katniss isn't curvy) and make Katniss uncomfortable.
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  Paris, Texas Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:58 pm

Did Johanna have a cropped hairstyle or a buzz-cut, or am I confusing her with some other character? Maybe the actress will rock it like the young Sinead or have Demi's boy-cut. And was it implied
Spoiler:
? That would tie in with her aggressively out-there sexuality/body image/derring-do as her external shield, in contrast to his calculated charm.

Paris, Texas

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:08 pm

I think it was. I also think she said something about how <<
Spoiler:
>>. Not in those exact words, but its the gist I got.

She had short hair and it was shaved off.

I think Naya Rivera is gorgeous, and has always been able to be genuinely threatening to me, but that's just me. I think Kristen Bell would be a fine choice too. I always thought Johanna was attractive, just a bit unhinged.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  jaraga Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:49 pm

Does the 3-fingered salute mean anything? Is it explained in the book?(only saw the movie). Is it unique to District 12? Because if it was, District 11 seemed to pick up on it pretty quick.

I make myself feel sadder by thinking the man that started the riot in District 11 was Rue's father.

jaraga

Back to top Go down

Post  MtOlivePickles Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:59 pm

The three-fingered salute is something that they do in District 12. Katniss mentions it in the book--I don't have my copy with me, but it's meant as a sign of honor or respect.

MtOlivePickles

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:02 am

As opposed to the one-fingered salute, as practiced by cab drivers everywhere. If you ask them, they'll also say it's a sign of honor and respect.
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  vwlphb Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:07 am

jaraga wrote:Does the 3-fingered salute mean anything? Is it explained in the book?(only saw the movie). Is it unique to District 12? Because if it was, District 11 seemed to pick up on it pretty quick.

In the books, Katniss does it to Rue in the Games, then when she and Peeta visit District 11, they do it for her like the scene in the movie. So it's a bit delayed from how it is in the book. (In the book they send her bread after Rue dies. They may have rioted, but since it was Katniss's perspective in the games she would have no way of knowing.)

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next