The Hunger Games

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Hunger Games

Post  laddical on Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:52 am

katesti wrote:
laddical wrote:That seems all kinds of eff'd up.

Get it?

My mind. It broke.
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile on Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:39 am

BWA! That took me a second, but hee! Well played.
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  choubetcha on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:38 pm

Speaking of Hunger Games style, did everyone see InStyle's roundup of designs for Katniss' fire dress?

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:54 pm

I suppose it makes sense if those designs are supposed to picture Katniss herself wearing them, but the idea that the designers actually draw skeletally-thin figures as "random runway model" is stomach churning.
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  katesti on Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:44 pm

Those are pretty typical of the stylized aesthetic of fashion design drawing.

I like Siriano's a lot. Rachel Roy's too.

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:42 pm

queenofdenile wrote:BWA! That took me a second, but hee! Well played.
HA!! Me too.
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Maestro on Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:32 pm

I like Ronson's design the best. I admit that I'm really excited to see all of the costumes for the opening ceremonies. I know that this entire premise is supposed to be awful and outrageous but I really do want to see what they come up with.

Maestro

Back to top Go down

Post  The Lady of Shalott on Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:37 pm

I feel like the Tommy Hilfiger design missed the point spectacularly. And while I don't think the film will go with it, the Blonds would probably do a showstopping version. And I actually really like the BCBG dress even before the fire...you know, for myself.
The Lady of Shalott

Back to top Go down

Post  Paris, Texas on Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:59 am

Is "Safe and Sound" going to be the lullaby that Katniss sings to Rue? The lyrics fit and Jennifer Lawrence is likely to sound more on key in the film than Taylor Swift sounds, but that's not much of a stretch. Swifty's lucky to have The Civil Wars doing yeoman's work for her on that track.

Paris, Texas

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:15 pm

No. I am pretty sure it will be the end credits song. T-Bone Burnett wrote the song Katniss sings to Rue and it uses the description of the song provided in the book.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Paris, Texas on Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:49 pm

Hopefully at the end of the credits then. I love that they're going the bluegrass route for that authentic District 12/Appalachian flavour, but whispery, yearning girl-songs are kind of a buzzkill for me when a movie ends. Hell, even the first Twilight got Radiohead. I don't want a dancefloor filler, but something more urgent and strong or even something more spare and melancholy than a "let's huddle and lick our wounds, my love" ballad.

Paris, Texas

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightEyes on Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:05 am

I like it, despite The Swift. I kind of thought it was about Katniss telling Prim that she would be ok before the Reaping.

BrightEyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle on Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:39 am

Okay, this pop-punk cover is awesome. I guess the original is closer to what an actual District 12 girl's song might be like, but I'm still "meh" on it (except the hard drum in the middle of all that softness. That drum is cool).

Then again it's an end credits song, so it didn't have to really sound like what a song in the world of the movie would sound like. (I mean, I don't think "Bryan Adams" when I think "Robin Hood music"--or I wouldn't, without that song/movie.)
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  mandalaya on Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:49 pm

I love the Civil Wars and think they're perfect for the film's music. Swift, IDK, but she's popular among the target demo I guess.

Paris, Texas said:
whispery, yearning girl-songs are kind of a buzzkill for me when a movie ends.

I'm with you here. Especially the end of the first book/film! Something triumphant should be playing us out of the theatre.
mandalaya

Back to top Go down

Post  Maestro on Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:05 am

I love the somber mood of the song. THG isn't exactly a happy or uplifting story so I found the song to fit how dreary everything is.

Maestro

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle on Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:14 am

I would love to see what actually happens with this Tumblr. (The password is #lookyourbest.) Between this and the nail polish ad, it seems like a decent amount of the promotion really will be mimicking what Panem/the Capitol's actual Hunger Game promos might be like (except with way more Effie). Which is kind of cool, and hey, all the viral Joker stuff seemed to work out for Dark Knight (I mean, as far as movie promos for the wrong side go).
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildog27 on Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:30 pm

The Civil Wars did a show in Nashville last night and Swift came out to join them on Safe and Sound. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma6qeNiKMxw&feature=player_embedded I like the song, but I'm also predisposed to, because I love the Civil Wars.

Wildog27

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightEyes on Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:19 am

BTS footage. I really need to stop going into ONTD posts about the Hunger Games, or at least stop reading the comments.

BrightEyes

Back to top Go down

Post  preciosa on Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:12 pm

BrightEyes wrote:BTS footage. I really need to stop going into ONTD posts about the Hunger Games, or at least stop reading the comments.
I feel that way about Twitter. There's so much race fail on the hashtag.

preciosa

Back to top Go down

Post  MtOlivePickles on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:27 am

So far, it's at 100% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Anyone going to see it in IMAX?

MtOlivePickles

Back to top Go down

Post  dreago on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:39 am

eee! I'm seeing it on Thursday! My work was offering a limited screening for a reduced employee only price. 3 of us from the office plus one former co-worker are all going together straight after work. The non-fans in the office roll their eyes every time we get excited about it. I swear I can't shut up about it.

dreago

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai on Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:03 am

I know this sounds petty, but why didn't they come closer to matching the heights of the male actors? I feel bad every time I see the three of them lined up together. Is Liam Hemsworth that tall, or is Josh Hutcherson that short?
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder on Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:59 am

From what I've heard it's mostly Liam Hemsworth is really tall. Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are right about the same height, but for red carpet events, she's wearing major heels, so she towers over him.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  Luthien on Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:37 am

IMDB says that Lawrence and Hutchinson are both 5 foot 7, and Hemsworth is 6 foot 3 (as is his brother Chris Hemsworth). That family must grow 'em tall.

Luthien

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:22 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Hutcherson is fudging on his height a bit -- in other things I've seen him in (like The Kids are Alright) he has looked tiny. Hobbit tiny.
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top