Revenge

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Revenge

Post  blixie on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:20 am

I liked Revenge okay last year, but I am loving the hell out of it this year and that everyone is lying their face of to one another. Sugary tinged acid drips off every conversation. Daniel trying to have game is cracking me up, you're so cute Danny boy. Jenny Jason Leigh is a bad ass and crazy and can't wait to see Victoria and her in their first cat fight.

I also may respond the silken voice of Emily's revenge boyfriend much like Jamie Lee Curtis responded to John Cleese's Italian in A Fish Called Wanda. He's fine looking but that VOICE does things to me.

The only thing not working is The Porters and their bar drama. I like the actor who plays Jack and I think he has chem with Emily, but not more chem than she has with Mr. Sexy Voice, and I'm weirdly invested in Jack and Emanda.

Also also is Doug Petrie writing for them this year? The Initiative? Hee.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:23 am

I'd actually stopped watching last year because I thought everyone was too stupid to live if they didn't see through everyone else's OMGLIES, but this year is so much better for me because, yup, everyone does see! YAY!

The only thing not working is The Porters and their bar drama. I like the actor who plays Jack and I think he has chem with Emily, but not more chem than she has with Mr. Sexy Voice, and I'm weirdly invested in Jack and Emanda.

I have to say, Aiden was the thing this year that made me sit up and take notice because he is NINJA HOT. I too am invested in Jack and Emanda despite him looking like an extra from a Linda Lovelace movie. I've always liked Emanda because even though she's crazy she's not stupid.

I really really wish it was Ashley who fell off the balcony though. She's so so awful.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:36 am

truecrystal wrote:I really really wish it was Ashley who fell off the balcony though. She's so so awful.

Oh man, yes! She's seriously my least-favorite character.

Every time they show the Porters' bar, my husband starts laughing because inevitably there is some terrible song playing in the background. Also, I don't know why Jack wasn't all, "go ahead, call the police" to the rich jerk. The kid is a minor without a record. He'll get community service, and maybe learn not to be such a freaking dumbass around rich people.
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:09 am

I really really wish it was Ashley who fell off the balcony though. She's so so awful.

Hee for some reason she doesn't bug me that much, I just keep wondering why she hasn't hooked up with Conrad yet, and she of course stupidly decides to side with Daniel after he's onto her dumb ass. How bad at scheming are you if Daniel makes you? So bad. The only thing this show is missing is shoulder pads and Sammy Jo.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:47 pm

So the Revenge Facebook page posted what could be a GIANT SPOILER photo:
Spoiler:
Kara handing Amanda her baby in the hospital. I was sure she was dead, since she knows Kara tried to kill RealAmanda. Though I guess Emily figured that out all on her own, so it doesn't matter so much.
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha on Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:42 pm

I read that the guy who plays Aiden got upgraded to series regular. Am I the only one who hates this turn of events? He's a condescending prick who thinks he knows what Emily wants and what she should do better than she does. Haaaaaaate. I'm right back to hating every guy ont his show who isn't Nolan.
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  katesti on Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:53 pm

mokey75 wrote:
truecrystal wrote:I really really wish it was Ashley who fell off the balcony though. She's so so awful.

Least-er than Declan? NO ONE SUCKS MORE THAN DECLAN.

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:24 pm

Haha. True Fax on Declan katesi Also trufax: THE TIGERS ARE KILLING ME.

He's a condescending prick who thinks he knows what Emily wants and what she should do better than she does.

I don't think that is what he is atall but have ya heard him TALK? Cause the talking and the voicing is GOOOOD. I think we're meant to see that he has *been there* yo and he *failed* and he wuvs her so he's trying to ensure what she wants most: REVENGE. Because he WUVS her. Also can someone explainy if The Initiative is a some kind of independent mission that just *coincidentally* dove tailed with Amily's lifelong pursuit of REVENGE?? Because I think I missed that bit.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:26 am

Raksha wrote:I read that the guy who plays Aiden got upgraded to series regular. Am I the only one who hates this turn of events? He's a condescending prick who thinks he knows what Emily wants and what she should do better than she does.
This is exactly how I feel. Go away, dude, Emily can do better than you. Hell, dumb Daniel was better.

I guess I don't hate every non-Nolan guy, though. Jack's okay, even if his storyline sucks this season. And the white-haired man was a good villain while he lasted.
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha on Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:54 am

blixie wrote:
He's a condescending prick who thinks he knows what Emily wants and what she should do better than she does.

I don't think that is what he is atall but have ya heard him TALK? Cause the talking and the voicing is GOOOOD. I think we're meant to see that he has *been there* yo and he *failed* and he wuvs her so he's trying to ensure what she wants most: REVENGE. Because he WUVS her.

I have heard him talk, that's the problem! (Plus he does nothing for me, physically) I see what you're saying about him having been there and failed, but that's kind of my problem. That was his experience, not Emily's. He doesn't know what she wants out of life or how she wants it to happen. He knows how he would want it and assumes that if she doesn't, that means she's "lost her way" and that gives him license to lecture her, sneak around behind her back and interfere in things she has clearly stated she doesn't want him involved in. Also, actions speak louder than words and that time she beaned him upside the head to try to make him mind his own beeswax should have been more than enough to get him to leave. But no. We're stuck with him.

Yeah, Poubelle, Jack's okay. He's just been such a doormat drip lately, I'm getting irritated by him. Get it together, bro!
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:10 am

He doesn't know what she wants out of life or how she wants it to happen.

Again I don't know how you know he doesn't know. They shared their REVENGE dreams together at least that's what I got out of the flashbacks. And from an objective REVENGE coach standpoint Emily has failed at attaining "the mission" after over a year and I thought he sent Aiden in rather than going himself time. That's why I question if "the mission" is somehow above and beyond her desire to get hers over the Grayson's.

I have heard him talk, that's the problem!

I was referencing aesthetics, not substance! But I love Aiden and love that he's on the show this year, he's one of many vast improvements, since I was so bored I gave up towards the end of last year.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:06 am

katesti wrote:
mokey75 wrote:

Least-er than Declan? NO ONE SUCKS MORE THAN DECLAN.

Declan is annoying prat, for sure, but Ashley has zero redeeming qualities. Declan at least told off Charlotte for being a bitch. Ashley can't even figure out that she's chained herself to a family headed for disaster. There are a gazillion rich, powerful families in the Hamptons, Ashley. Surely one of them needs some "pr" help.

However, if the Perfect Storm heading our way this weekend were to strike and sweep them both out to sea, I would not be sad.
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  VodouDoll on Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:36 pm

Sorry! Meant to post in the Scandal thread. Had my show titles mixed up.

VodouDoll

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle on Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:30 am

Jack is so very noble. So very loyal. And so very dumb. Maybe he's not really Jack anymore, but when the dog died, its spirit took possession of him. Plenty of dogs are noble and loyal and not very bright. But then again, even the world's oldest retriever ever would be all "dude, it'll go on his juvie record." If I were that dog, I'd be tut-tutting from heaven, and thinking I got out just in time.

Nolan's sheer delight at "oooh, a fakeup!" was wonderful. Still my favorite double-collared character on TV.
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:54 pm

I realized that my love of Jack is mostly because he was Kyle on Roswell so I have an insane amount of affection for this character that no one else shares nor does he warrent.

...Thats about it. I like Aiden though. Hes grown on me. And I prefer him to Daniel. That character just doesn't work for me. I was intrigued by his ex who he put in a wheelchair and seemed to still be in love with, but they never did anything with her.

This season has been meh for me, and I watched the pilot of Deception and was more into that. Basically it needs to get its shit together because with that and Scandal all the action word named shows are creeping up on it.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  VodouDoll on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:58 pm

When the Initiative lady asked Aiden where he'd been for six years I so wanted him to say, "At Japanese revenge camp." Alas.

Glad we got some real revenging this week. It's been a while since Emily crossed off a face.

VodouDoll

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:11 pm

When the hell did Michael Trucco show up? Seriously I feel like suddenly he was just there. And suddenly I gave a shit about Jack and his bar! It's like he's come full circle to his MP character.

I would gladly trade in the Ryan Brothers for the CP/Charlotte, although we can keep Jack/Amily because I remain weirdly invested in Amily's happiness, and she needs to step in and show Jack how to handle his business stripper murder styles.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  VodouDoll on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:15 pm

Right? Once Amanda catches on to what those guys are doing at the bar she's going to murder them. Then Jack's problems will be solved. It'll be very satisfying.

VodouDoll

Back to top Go down

Post  VodouDoll on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:52 pm

I'm surprised Conrad wants to be a politician now. I thought he was terrified of the Initiative and wanted to be as far off their radar as possible. Becoming a Senator or something is pretty much the opposite of that. Imagine the things they'll want from him now.

VodouDoll

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 on Mon May 13, 2013 5:45 am

Let's see, the death count for this season: Initiative Lady, Faux Amanda, Evil Blackmail Brother, Padma, Takeda, Declan, and possibly Aiden. Did I miss anyone? Daniel just can't avoid getting blood on his fancy shirts, can he?

I can't say I'll miss Declan at all but darned if they didn't give him a semi-weepy send-off. And did they decide to become like Downton Abbey in that bringing babies into a family is a really bad idea? I guess Declan got Sybill's role. Anyway, with all the "You're the bad guy!" "No, you're the bad guy!" routine it was getting confusing.

There was hilarious laughter from me during the "Hello, Mother." scene.
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 on Mon May 13, 2013 10:59 pm

maxell131313 wrote:Let's see, the death count for this season: Initiative Lady, Faux Amanda, Evil Blackmail Brother, Padma, Takeda, Declan, and possibly Aiden. Did I miss anyone? Daniel just can't avoid getting blood on his fancy shirts, can he?

Creepy WaxFigure-y Initiative Dude, too. But yeah.
This show just kept getting so utterly ridiculous and over the top. I swear, the only way to redeem it in season 3 is to have made this whole season a dream.
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising on Tue May 14, 2013 4:13 am

VodouDoll wrote:I'm surprised Conrad wants to be a politician now. I thought he was terrified of the Initiative and wanted to be as far off their radar as possible. Becoming a Senator or something is pretty much the opposite of that. Imagine the things they'll want from him now.

I'm thinking that this point just got answered.
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 on Tue May 14, 2013 6:50 pm

Oh! And I just remembered something utterly ridiculous - when Jack mentioned that Carl was with "his grandmother." WHAT? Do you mean the dead grandmother, or the one who was mentally unstable for years, showed up for three minutes, and then rode off into the sunset?
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha on Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:22 am

Anybody else still watching?

Apparently after the disaster that was last season, they got a new show runner and I'm super happy about it! All last season felt like treading water with increasingly ridiculous crap popping up to distract from and interfere with Emily's goal. All that shit is gone and the show actually feels like it has momentum and a game plan again. In the season premier when Emily picked Nolan up outside the prison and he closed out that whole stupid storyline with a throwaway line, then said "Now, let's never say the words "Carrion" or "The Initiative" again," I shed a single perfect tear of joy.
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 on Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:23 am

I didn't watch this week's episode yet, but I agree - the first episode of the season gave me hope that it'll go back to soapy-campy fun instead of veering into complete and total WTFery. And bonus! Ashley's gone, yay! I really love the very rare occasions when Victoria and Emily work together; they should do a spin-off show where those two just travel around the world revenging people.

I still don't care about Jack, or their "epic" love affair. So there's that. But still. I am hopeful again.
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top