Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unpopular TV Opinions You Hold

+77
choubetcha
Paris, Texas
Kiran
Melk
Mulva
Bad Username
Binky
oxymoron
punzy
Poubelle
Snarryfan
bbridges
Grainne Mhaol
jaraga
Agent Sculder
puddingcup
jensa
Carrie Ann
Menshevixen
Raised by wolves
Gilraen
Cutebutpsycho
PrincessCleo
Miss Moneypenny
maxell131313
Disclaimer
mrinsouciance
Esseilte
QueenSix
wenchsenior
Snarker
sagitare
LadyGayle
Instant Monkeys
biakbiak
BreezyK
Gallifrey Girl
dday515
The Dude
RiverThames
MichiSichi
demgirl
TiffanyNichelle
Raksha
aninnocent
ulkis
mandalaya
katha
ActonBell
laddical
Gillian
Matinee
Shalamar
inversed
caltrask55
katesti
Putli Bai
Luthien
big chicken
tothemax
Unlucky Bear
mokey75
punkysdilemma
Crowbridge
Jasmine
blooey
Eris Rising
xyzzy
mayram
Cynara
harvey the penguin
Auroura76
blixie
queenofdenile
whatthedeuce
truecrystal
jcpdiesel21
81 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

Unpopular TV Opinions You Hold - Page 12 Empty Re: Unpopular TV Opinions You Hold

Post  Red Wolf Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:24 am

You have a radio show where you play DW audios? How can I listen to this magical station?

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Unpopular TV Opinions You Hold - Page 12 Empty Re: Unpopular TV Opinions You Hold

Post  Raksha Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:04 am

I don't wanna spam up the thread, so check your PM inbox!

My UO for the day: Orange is the New Black. I can't, you guys. I tried and I just give no fucks. Maybe I should try back again in a few months or something, because I seem to have a really hard time connecting with anything at all at the moment, but for now. No.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:33 am

Here's one that's on the fringes: Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip was just fine. Nowhere near the horror show the detractors paint it as. In fact, most of the common complaints are not anywhere near as present as they pretend it is. For example, character's do not believe that their comedy is changing the world or is the vanguard of culture. They just want to do a show they're proud of. Most of the time Matt Albie isn't saying the show is brilliant, he's saying the show isn't good enough.

And the biggest one, the one that the haters always throw out there? You know what I mean: "STANDING IN THE MIDDLE OF AFGHANISTAN!" It's not as bad as that. It really isn't. Tom's dad (who also isn't some hick rube-- he's just a guy who doesn't give a fuck about comedy) is throwing Tom's own words back in his face. Tom's trying to give the tour/history lesson of the theatre, and his dad doesn't care, and Tom says, "Dad, you're standing in the middle of a piece of American comedy history!" And that's how his dad responds. It's not great, I'll admit, but it's not the OMG THE HORROR that it's painted as.

But I'll agree with one point the detractors make: Sarah Paulson is not up to the task of playing everything that the show tells you Harriet Hayes is.
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Algae Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:36 pm

I agree, RiverThames. The scene with the New Orleans musicians playing Oh Holy Night is still one of my favorites, ever. I think that it was just too jarring to have a serious drama about a comedy show that came out at the same time as 30 Rock. And then it tried too hard to get it's footing, but never really did.
Algae
Algae

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:50 pm

RiverThames wrote: Sarah Paulson is not up to the task of playing everything that the show tells you Harriet Hayes is.  
Meh, the biggest problem with that show was how it told you lots of preachy didactic shit that really didn't belong on a SNL-esque setting, while showing nothing remarkable. I typically like Sorkin, and I liked West Wing and Sports Night and would probably like the Newsroom if I ever see it, so I can take preachy didactic shit. But it really did not work on Studio 60. I'll agree it wasn't horrible, but for Sorkin it was an epic misfire of his otherwise very successful didactic-as-hell formula.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarker Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:46 pm

My Doctor Who UO: I like Clara a lot more than I ever liked Amy. Clara is perky and upbeat, not dour and bitchy.

Snarker

Back to top Go down

Post  Mulva Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:03 pm

My Supernatural UO:

I think Jensen Ackles is a rapidly-aging pretty boy who has three facial expressions. He's damned lucky he's been in steady work for 11 years.

Castiel needs to go stat. He should have been killed off years ago. He serves no purpose which is evidenced by the writers putting him into side storylines about angel politics.

Crowley should kill everyone off and rule the earth.

Mulva

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12