Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comic Books and Graphic Novels

+25
year of the cat
RiverThames
big chicken
The Dude
pizzagirl20
Lurker
Miss Moneypenny
Dachelle
dday515
Instant Monkeys
oxymoron
Rhilin
vwlphb
Bad Username
Eris Rising
Charishawk
Kiran
Red Wolf
Raksha
punzy
TiffanyNichelle
Menshevixen
narfzz
laddical
Luthien
29 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Comic Books and Graphic Novels - Page 7 Empty Re: Comic Books and Graphic Novels

Post  Red Wolf Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:45 am

Nobody blamed Jean when she ate that planet full of billions of people under the Phoenix influence.
Technically, that was a clone. Real Jean didn't do anything. And yet there was the Trial of Jean Grey, in which the Shi'ar put her on trial for something she hasn't even not done yet. Okay, that was a weird sentence.

Wolverine doesn't want to fuck Scott, so Scott is a villain forever and ever for killing one dude.
Good point! And I'm sure the hundreds of people Wolverine has killed were all completely and irredeemably evil. None were perhaps somewhat morally dubious, but meant well. Like Professor X was.

You actually turned me on to Rachel & Miles, a couple of months ago. Yeah, they're pretty awesome.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Comic Books and Graphic Novels - Page 7 Empty Re: Comic Books and Graphic Novels

Post  TiffanyNichelle Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:07 am

Right before Schism, the last time Wolverine died and went to Hell, he had a whole storyline where this group of villains threw a bunch of mutants at him to try and kill him. He killed all of them and then found out later that they were all his kids that he didn't know about. He went through all this angst for about five minutes and then promptly forgot all about it. I would love for the X-Men to find out about that.

I'm totally Team Cyclops was Right, Wolverine has become a self-righteous asshat and Beast is a douche.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:32 am

Wolverine doesn't want to fuck Scott, so Scott is a villain forever and ever for killing one dude.
Good point! And I'm sure the hundreds of people Wolverine has killed were all completely and irredeemably evil. None were perhaps somewhat morally dubious, but meant well. Like Professor X was.

And Cyclops actually brought that up in that No More Humans graphic novel, and Wolverine says something like "Hey, I'm not trying to pretend I'm something I'm not" as if 1) that makes it okay and 2) Scott somehow is. I was like "Oh shut up, dickweed!" and then I put the book down and did something else for a bit because I don't want to be That Person who yells at her comics.

You actually turned me on to Rachel & Miles, a couple of months ago. Yeah, they're pretty awesome.

...I did? Huh. Memory of a goldfish, me.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:41 am

So obviously Bednis is pro-Cyclops, have the other writers said anything on the matter? I mean, do the characters support their viewpoints, or are they just trying to tell an interesting story?

...I did? Huh. Memory of a goldfish, me.
You posted it either here or PTV, I followed the link. Have no fear, you haven't forgotten anything.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:27 am

Well, Kieron Gillen just posted a pic of all his white shirts, which includes a Cyclops Was Right tee. Though I don't know if he counts, since he's not an X-writer.  But other than that, I really have no idea.  I'm just going to pretend they're all fervently Team Cyclops, which is why no one has been able to come up with an anti-Cyclops argument that isn't ragingly hypocritical bullshit on the face of it.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:08 pm

I'll take Kieron's opinion over most of these foobs.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:07 am

Okay, new questions. I'm catching up on my cosmic Marvel. First, were either the Nova Corps or Green Lantern Corps inspired by the other one? Second, Wraith from Annihilation Conquest. Deliberate 90's throwback, or just a combination of ideas that just mixed unfortunately?

In other news, War of Kings is pretty good. But Darkhawk? Seriously? It feels to me like the one weak title. I can't bring myself to care about the big twist. Oh no, the whole Darkhawk thing is evil! A decent enough trope, just badly executed.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Username Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:18 pm

I just read volume 4 of Saga, and it's still so good! Brian K. Vaughan is writing a story featuring outlandish characters like Izabel, the ghost babysitter; Prince Robot IV; and assassin The Stalk that is so completely grounded in the familiar - a couple trying to keep their child alive, and a government fooling its people into believing in a bogus war while the people suffer - that it's relatable and easy to read.

I've also read issue one of Lady Killer, which looks pretty good so far. Here is a good review of it (contains spoilers).

Bad Username

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:45 am

I'm looking for some new manga to get my 12-year-old niece. She's quirky and pretty advanced for her age, but I'd still rather not get her anything too overtly sexual or realistically violent (though I'm pretty sure I bought her Soul Eater a couple years ago). She's not at all interested in the romantic stuff, I think wacky and/or creepy is good. I was thinking of Fairy Tail based on this website but does anyone else have any recommendations?

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:39 pm

Not manga, but Princeless is pretty awesome.

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  vwlphb Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:06 am

Second the vote for Princeless. It's pretty fantastic.

I read all of Hikaru No Go and really loved it, that's another one to check out. It also made me want to learn Go, so maybe get her a Go board at the same time? I also have friends who loved Prince of Tennis if she's into tennis.

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7