Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Avengers

+52
nikita
Cynara
tiller
The Dude
sen3
curryalley
Menshevixen
Skyblade
jcpdiesel21
Kiran
Fiammetta
dionneshea
FiggyPudding
particle_person
rivki8699
Unlucky Bear
Snarryfan
MtOlivePickles
Putli Bai
Binky
bbridges
Agent Sculder
bookworm
Bad Username
vwlphb
Corellderaan
SarahJanet
epudom
sagitare
Melk
Cutebutpsycho
QueenSix
Caramel Coffee
Red Wolf
jensa
Carrie Ann
punzy
blixie
Wildog27
swsa
TiffanyNichelle
Charishawk
Raksha
ActonBell
Coneycat
RiverThames
oxymoron
Miss Moneypenny
laddical
narfzz
whatthedeuce
Luthien
56 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The Avengers - Page 10 Empty Re: The Avengers

Post  TiffanyNichelle Thu May 24, 2012 11:13 am

I was at that panel and believe me it got really frustrating to most of us when we realized that the majority of the questions were from fans of Tom. Not to knock him but they had practically the whole cast up there. Spread the wealth! So yeah loving Loki is ok in the Avengers fandom.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Thu May 24, 2012 11:25 am

Thanks for that clip. I just skimmed it. I meant Tom Hiddleston as Loki, it looks like that panel was before the movie was screened, so I guess Loki is popular from the comics. I can see how if you were at the panel, it could get annoying, the too much Loki. I enjoyed Tom's story about the Chrises sharing workout tips.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Thu May 24, 2012 11:29 am

vwlphb wrote:Loving Loki is the opposite of an unpopular opinion.

In fact, at the New York Comic-Con panel, there were so many questions for Tom Hiddleston that after a more general question, Chris Evans snarked, "Oh I'm sorry, was that a question for Tom?" (The whole video is fun to watch. Clark Gregg sings his own Avengers theme.)

The whole panel is just openly laughing at one point. I felt a little bad for Chris Hardwick trying to moderate.

And Puddingcup, the panel was after Thor came out, so no, those are movie!Loki fangirls.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Thu May 24, 2012 11:36 am

Miss Moneypenny, that's right, I forgot. Ha ha, I feel like I just emerged from a cave and voiced an opinion like, "Hey, that Brad Pitt is a good looking guy!" or "Anyone ever notice that George Clooney's got charisma?" or something (even though I'm not really a Brad or George fan). That's ok. I'm surprised, though, that Tom as Loki is so popular among the fangirls, especially since both Chrises are more traditionally good looking.

What a great gig for Chris Hardwick.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Thu May 24, 2012 2:17 pm

puddingcup wrote:I'm surprised, though, that Tom as Loki is so popular among the fangirls, especially since both Chrises are more traditionally good looking.

My impression, from reading about that panel anyway, was that is wasn't just the fangirls who wanted to ask Tom questions. He does tend to give nice quotable answers!

Among people who take Thor as an origin-story for Loki as a villain, there are definitely those who find some of his motivations pretty relatable, despite what he ends up doing as a result of them. So on the general Internet, liking or feeling empathy for Loki isn't a particularly unpopular opinion, although I've noticed it does seem to be one on this forum. I'm interested in what they'll do with him in Thor 2, and as much as I like the character I think it might be a good idea to create some kind of closure and retire him after that movie.

My possibly-unpopular opinion about The Avengers is that I think Thor was used very badly.
Spoiler:

(I probably didn't need to cut that for spoilers but everyone else is being so good I thought I better, too!)

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Thu May 24, 2012 2:24 pm

Holy cuteness, this story behind the photo of the little Cap America on Loki's shoulders.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  vwlphb Thu May 24, 2012 5:05 pm

My impression, from reading about that panel anyway, was that is wasn't just the fangirls who wanted to ask Tom questions. He does tend to give nice quotable answers!
And he is quite dreamy.

I recommend watching this interview as well. He talks about discovering the great restaurant Chili's, and people double taking when seeing him and Chris Hemsworth hanging out after Thor came out.

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Thu May 24, 2012 5:43 pm

Oh I love that interview, and he is dreamy. I do like him with the darker hair. I've seen his impression of Owen Wilson, it's hilarious. And please read that link I posted above about the little Captain America photos. So cute.

So I guess the Maria Hill character was in the comics and Agent Coulson was created for the films? And who is Maria Hill, except some kind of commander below Nick Fury.

I loved that line in the movie when Stark asks how Fury sees all the computer screens, and Maria says, he just turns his head.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Thu May 24, 2012 6:30 pm

"That sounds... exhausting."

I don't think Maria and Nick actually have much to do with each other in the comics. Maria is a fairly recent addition to the Universe, and has been either the Deputy Director under Tony Stark or the interim Director after Nick Fury went into hiding at one point. In the comics, she tends to be pretty anti-superhero - she seems like she'd be done with them entirely if she could be, and she was definitely on the "pro-reg" side of the Civil War.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Skyblade Fri May 25, 2012 12:04 am

puddingcup, in the comics, Black Widow and Hawkeye first appeared as adversaries for Iron Man. The latter kind of being a lovesick pawn of the former. Soon though, Black Widow was shot, and Hawkeye turned over a new leaf, becoming a long running Avenger. Black Widow briefly followed suit, but became Mostly involved with SHIELD for most of her career. Comics Hawkeye never joined, that was borrowed from the Ultimates incarnation of the character.

Skyblade

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Fri May 25, 2012 8:20 am

puddingcup wrote:Holy cuteness, this story behind the photo of the little Cap America on Loki's shoulders.

That picture was all over the place last summer, and it's adorable to read the story behind it! (Oh, Tom. And OH, CHRIS'S MOM!!!)

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara Fri May 25, 2012 8:52 pm

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Fri May 25, 2012 11:39 pm

It's SO canon.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  salamandersam Tue May 29, 2012 11:48 pm

I had to go see this movie twice in the theaters because the first time? I sat there going "DAT ASS", clutching my friend's arm (when she wasn't trying to grab said asses on the screen) and wondering if I could endure all the hotness that is on screen from nearly everyone in the entire movie. The second time I concentrated more on what was going on and still found the movie just as funny as the first time, particularly the Hulk. I thought it was amazing that, three weeks into release, the showing on Saturday I went to was nearly sold out. My friend (a different one) and I had to sit in the very front which wasn't bad. The detailing on Loki's costume was amazing.

salamandersam

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Thu May 31, 2012 11:29 pm

I saw it again and found I enjoyed it way better not in 3D.

It's funny the second time around, and Hulk still steals the show.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Luthien Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:05 pm

Second time around for me last night, and in 2D, which was much better. I had even more fun this time, spotting little things I missed before, like the shawarma place Tony fights past. I didn't think it was possible for me to love Bruce Banner more, but I do. Mark Ruffalo, never leave us! He's just amazing. Everyone I went with agreed that Chris Hemsworth could just talk about the weather in that Thor voice and we'd listen. It's also a great voice for breaking uncomfortable news.

Luthien

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:45 pm

I finally saw the movie and didn't expect to like Loki because I'm sick to death of hearing about him at LJ, but he was a magnificent bastard! I don't feel bad for him and his daddy issues, but he's a great villain, and Tom Hiddleston did a wonderful job of bringing that eerie joy to the character that meshes well with his seething anger, too. And I really enjoyed Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner. I didn't think he'd do especially well in that role, but he was sympathetic, subtle, and really looked as if he had a great weight upon his shoulders trying to keep the Hulk at bay.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:16 am

Gag reel! Maria Hill chews all the scenery, Coulson puts the moves on Cap, and the God of Thunder turns out to be a bit of a butterfingers.

ETA: updated link for io9 as the Youtube one has been taken down.
ETA2: looks like the io9 link is also gone. Found another link off tumblr.

Last edited by sagitare on Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:43 pm; edited 4 times in total
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:58 am

That was great. And it just reinforces that RDJ believes he is Tony Stark.

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:14 pm

Heeeheee. That was awesome. I love Mark Ruffalo's "Dudes, you're on your own!" *flees*
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:23 pm

This is cool: here's the actual filming of the bit where Thor bobbles the hammer.
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:28 pm

Cobie Smulders was the standout for me. But I could not stop laughing at whatever it was that kept falling when Mark Ruffalo was trying to set on the desk. This gag reel just confirms my suspicion that this was a fun set to hang out on.
bbridges
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarryfan Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:21 am

Back in theatres Labor Day weekend.

Snarryfan

Back to top Go down

Post  curryalley Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:43 pm

sagitare wrote:This is cool: here's the actual filming of the bit where Thor bobbles the hammer.

I love that Thor isn't pretending to snag a CGI hammer but that it's some PA ducking out of the way going, "Chris! Catch!"

And I've seen it three times in theatres already but hell if I don't want to go again.

curryalley

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:12 pm

I saw it four times in first run, saw it yesterday, the Blu-Ray hits in three weeks and *I* still want to go see it again
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum