Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Downton Abbey (British version)

+61
mandalaya
Melk
bookworm
SarahJanet
Lily Rose
particle_person
slmader
Nerg
xyzzy
Decca
dionneshea
boutros boutros kitty
sagitare
Corvus
VodouDoll
Poubelle
pamchenko
lil d
laddical
chibimanda
Auroura76
fuh
Rhilin
emrie
tothemax
Jessica
wenchsenior
themis
RiverThames
Instant Monkeys
dday515
Shadowlass
BreezyK
biakbiak
Fraoch
laurelin_kit
maxell131313
bbridges
choubetcha
Tabby
MLIS
schwa
inversed
puddingcup
Unlucky Bear
Carrie Ann
mialoubug
mrinsouciance
naughty zoot
mokey75
salamandersam
Gillian
Francie Nolan
QueenSix
epudom
Morning Angel
harvey the penguin
Queen Esther
caerbannog
Kiran
Genevieve
65 posters

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down

Downton Abbey (British version) - Page 6 Empty Re: Downton Abbey (British version)

Post  MLIS Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:33 pm

Oh, the servants all in their best uniforms for the wedding? Sniff. Carson all watery eyed and standing at attention? Sniff. The dowager moving heaven and earth to bring William home? Sniff.

I thought the saddest part, which is very true to the time I think, was that no one asked Daisy what she wanted. They all just put various kinds and levels of pressure on her to make William happy, which is understandable, but what she wanted or what would make her happy was never even a consideration for anyone.

MLIS

Back to top Go down

Downton Abbey (British version) - Page 6 Empty Re: Downton Abbey (British version)

Post  mrinsouciance Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:47 pm

I'm not ready to believe that Matthew's permanently paralyzed. 1918-era medical misdiagnosis + soapsy drama = miraculous recovery and a passle of kids w/Mary, I say.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  mialoubug Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:49 pm

Someone just needs to have Vera killed already.

I KNOW!! I just realized last night that the actress playing her also played Nathalie in the movie "The Commitments." And that we are the same age.

I was driving my daughter to school this morning and the first thing she said to me when we got in the car was "Downton Abbey was so sad last night! Why did they have to kill off William? Poor Daisy! She's such a child!" It was pretty funny, actually.
mialoubug
mialoubug

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:54 pm

I will say, though, the timeline on this show is killing me. I mean, we obviously jumped ahead several months from the last episode, since Ethel has the baby. But I have no idea where we are now. The way this show moves, you'd think William and Matthew were fighting in WWII, and Daisy is 50, heh.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  epudom Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:03 pm

Apparently Shirley MacLaine is going to play Cora's mother. I cannot wait for potential MacLaine v Smith snark...
epudom
epudom

Back to top Go down

Post  tothemax Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:38 pm

epudom wrote:Apparently Shirley MacLaine is going to play Cora's mother. I cannot wait for potential MacLaine v Smith snark...
I cannot wait.

tothemax

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:45 pm

epudom wrote:Apparently Shirley MacLaine is going to play Cora's mother. I cannot wait for potential MacLaine v Smith snark...
I clapped when I saw the news for this very reason. It's going to be the best!

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:05 pm

NOOOOOOO WILLIAM. I love his earnest little piggy face. Poor Daisy, for so many reasons. But I did love her hair. And like the Dowager Countess, I briefly had a cold.

Vera is getting ridiculous with her evilness. I agree, someone just needs to take her out.

O'Brien -- WTF? She wrote to Vera just to be a dick? She didn't think anything would come of it, she just did it because she could? If we heard about that before I don't remember. Lord, she is horrible.

I concur about Lavinia -- I also want her out of the way, but I'm glad there's no dumb cattiness between her and Mary. I kind of hated Mary last year, but this year I love her and I totally want them together, working plumbing on Matthew or no. (I also hope that situation will magically fix itself.)
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:08 pm

Instant Monkeys wrote: O'Brien -- WTF? She wrote to Vera just to be a dick? She didn't think anything would come of it, she just did it because she could? If we heard about that before I don't remember. Lord, she is horrible.

Speaking of O'Brien WTF-- out of costume she's quite the dish. Who knew?
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:30 pm

OH GOD THIS SHOW IS KILLING ME KILLING ME I TELL YOU.

Surely Matthew's junk is going to work eventually, right? I was really not that sold on that actor in season one -- he was FINE, but not setting my world on fire -- but he is NAILING this Noble Repressed Paralyzed Angst thing.

Someone just needs to have Vera killed already.

RIGHT? Like four times an episode I ask the room when someone is going to shove her down an elevator shaft.
Jessica
Jessica

Back to top Go down

Post  emrie Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:35 pm

Spoiler:

Sybil and Branson aren't written as well as they could be, but I think they're both so pretty, and I like the idea of them so much, that I end up rooting for them regardless.

Matthew has such pretty eyes.

emrie

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:42 pm

Basically yes. I like the actors chemistry too.

I still hated Daisy. I blame the actress. She makes what should be conflicted emotions into simpering for me.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:06 am

Let's give Thomas something to actually do. I mean, if he's going to be a big, bad evil, let's help him accomplish that goal. Disposing of Vera would be the best thing for him.

William, I hardly knew ye. Godspeed.

maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:15 am

RiverThames wrote:Speaking of O'Brien WTF-- out of costume she's quite the dish. Who knew?
WHAAAAAAAAT! That is messing me up right now. Her hair doesn't look like knitting!

Who is between her and Thomas (who is reminding me of Travolta quite a lot there)? Is that even someone from Downton Abbey? Never mind, because HOLY CRAP IT'S EDITH. I did not recognize her AT ALL. At least I recognize Mrs. Patmore. Who would totally wear that outfit if she were transplanted to the pressent.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:42 am

I mentioned it in the Now Playing thread in Movies, but Edith shows up for like 10 seconds in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy as a secretary kind of awkwardly hitting on Benedict Cumberbatch. She looks very Edith-y there, too.

Crap, Thomas does look a lot like John Travolta there. I'm going to work hard to not see a younger, hotter, less nutty JT when he's onscreen from now on. Speaking of Thomas, what the hell does he do all day? It feels like he spends most of his time smoking and being a dillhole in the kitchens while Cora does all the work. I love how he's got a tiny bit of power and just cannot be bothered to hate on the servants with O'Brien.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhilin Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:43 am

Instant Monkeys wrote:
RiverThames wrote:Speaking of O'Brien WTF-- out of costume she's quite the dish. Who knew?
WHAAAAAAAAT! That is messing me up right now. Her hair doesn't look like knitting!

Who is between her and Thomas (who is reminding me of Travolta quite a lot there)? Is that even someone from Downton Abbey? Never mind, because HOLY CRAP IT'S EDITH. I did not recognize her AT ALL. At least I recognize Mrs. Patmore. Who would totally wear that outfit if she were transplanted to the pressent.

Wanna see something even crazier? Daisy. (Although that's obviously from a photo session)

Rhilin

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:42 am

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  emrie Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:45 am

And how about this picture from Marie Claire of all the (younger) women? Anna looks adorable.

emrie

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:56 am

MR. BATES AND A BABY. My life is complete.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:13 pm

emrie wrote:And how about this picture from Marie Claire of all the (younger) women? Anna looks adorable.

Whoa.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  BreezyK Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:44 pm

emrie wrote:And how about this picture from Marie Claire of all the (younger) women? Anna looks adorable.

Even there, I feel like Mary got the best dress! She dominates, fashionwise.

BreezyK

Back to top Go down

Post  tothemax Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:16 pm

BreezyK wrote:

Even there, I feel like Mary got the best dress! She dominates, fashionwise.

Agreed, though I think Edith is rocking the short shorts too. As for Lavinia and her gold lame pants? Girl, no.

tothemax

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:27 pm

She does have the best dress (poor Lavinia and Edith), but she looks terrible. The photo of O'brien blows my mind.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  fuh Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:36 am

All the shots I've seen of Mary in real life suggest she's got good fashion sense, or a good stylist, I guess.

(Oh, hai, new board! It's been a while.)

fuh

Back to top Go down

Post  schwa Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:19 pm

SNL's Downton Abbey "commercial" was hilarious last night. Now I kind of want it to air on Spike.

schwa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next