Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Downton Abbey (British version)

+61
mandalaya
Melk
bookworm
SarahJanet
Lily Rose
particle_person
slmader
Nerg
xyzzy
Decca
dionneshea
boutros boutros kitty
sagitare
Corvus
VodouDoll
Poubelle
pamchenko
lil d
laddical
chibimanda
Auroura76
fuh
Rhilin
emrie
tothemax
Jessica
wenchsenior
themis
RiverThames
Instant Monkeys
dday515
Shadowlass
BreezyK
biakbiak
Fraoch
laurelin_kit
maxell131313
bbridges
choubetcha
Tabby
MLIS
schwa
inversed
puddingcup
Unlucky Bear
Carrie Ann
mialoubug
mrinsouciance
naughty zoot
mokey75
salamandersam
Gillian
Francie Nolan
QueenSix
epudom
Morning Angel
harvey the penguin
Queen Esther
caerbannog
Kiran
Genevieve
65 posters

Page 19 of 19 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19

Go down

Downton Abbey (British version) - Page 19 Empty Re: Downton Abbey (British version)

Post  RiverThames Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:30 pm

You get a heteronormative pairing! And YOU get a heteronormative pairing! And YOU get a heteronormative pairing! Marriages and babies for all! Oh, hi Mister Barrow...
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Downton Abbey (British version) - Page 19 Empty Re: Downton Abbey (British version)

Post  xyzzy Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:37 pm

While I have a fairly deep hatred of Julian Fellowes' love affair with the upper class, I don't really have an issue with the fact that Barrows' "happy" ending doesn't involve love. I was satisfied to see huge character growth and I liked that the downstairs staff were willing to forgive him after all his bullshit.
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:24 pm

True. I think Barrow got a good ending, all in all, but it really did stand out that everyone else got to be 'paired' in some way, even if it was subtle. Like, if it wasn't for them having Tom and Edith's editor be all flirty and have her catch the bouquet, I wouldn't have been quite as keyed into it.
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:41 pm

My favorite scene is when Granny and Isobel rescued Dickie from his horrid children. I want a spin off just for the adventures of Granny and Isobel.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:53 am

I thought Tom's ending was as happy as it could realistically be, given the era. My husband was annoyed that everything was tied up in a neat little bow, but I loved it.

Though if the show had ended with Daisy burning down Downton with the hair dryer while everyone stood outside and watched in disbelief, I think I'd have been okay with that too.

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 19 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19