Divorce Pool

Page 1 of 43 1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Divorce Pool

Post  swsa on Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:57 pm

No better way to start out this thread. With a shocking announcement none of us could've predicted.

Kim Kardashian planning to file for divorce.
swsa

Back to top Go down

Re: Divorce Pool

Post  Lily Rose on Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:01 pm

swsa wrote:No better way to start out this thread. With a shocking announcement none of us could've predicted.

Kim Kardashian planning to file for divorce.
I was just coming to post this! The divorce no one saw coming! I are shocked. Shocked.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  blooey on Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:24 pm

Didn't they just get married two weeks ago? If I had shelled out for an expensive wedding present, I'd be pissed right about now.

blooey

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny on Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:33 pm

She was married for 72 days and the wedding reportedly cost $10 million, which comes out to a cost of $139,000 per day of marriage.

You're supposed to return gifts (if you can) if the wedding lasts less than a year, but I can't imagine those tacky famewhores having the good grace to do it.
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile on Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:39 pm

Geez, swsa, you could've warned me to sit down first! I just hurt myself falling on the floor in shock.
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  blooey on Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:55 pm

Wow, the wedding seems so much more recent than 10 weeks.

I'm always intensely curious about marriages that break up so quickly, especially when people have been together for more than a few months. With these two famewhores, I wouldn't be shocked if they did it just for the publicity, but just in general, I mean. I know there are stresses and changing expectations, but what is it about the little piece of paper that says you're married that makes some relationships immediately fall apart?

ETA: I had no idea she'd already been married once. I feel so out of the loop.

Last edited by blooey on Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Part of me continues to hope against hope that I'm not going to spend the morning catching up with Kim Kardashian on Wikipedia, but the rest of me knows better. *sigh*)

blooey

Back to top Go down

Post  laurelin_kit on Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:56 pm

This annoys me more than I could have anticipated. How tacky.
laurelin_kit

Back to top Go down

Post  mayram on Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:20 pm

laurelin_kit wrote:This annoys me more than I could have anticipated. How tacky.

It annoys me too. All that freaking extravagance and waste on a wedding that everyone could see was going to end in divorce.

mayram

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle on Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:24 pm

Even though it was obviously fake I wish they'd stuck it out for a least a year. I mean really. Divorce already? After all that circus? Fake it a little longer.
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:25 pm

I seriously wonder how "played" the magazines which fuel her fame and fund her lifestyle feel about this. Are they all ready to "pay" for her divorce story next? Was Kim not ready to go the bump route? This is more like a contestant on the Bachelor timeline and they had to have expected to get more fodder for their dollar than this?

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle on Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:33 pm

blixie wrote:

I seriously wonder how "played" the magazines which fuel her fame and fund her lifestyle feel about this. Are they all ready to "pay" for her divorce story next? Was Kim not ready to go the bump route? This is more like a contestant on the Bachelor timeline and they had to have expected to get more fodder for their dollar than this?

She's been on the cover of at least two of them talking about her "mistake" and how she didn't expect marriage to be like this, so they probably are just fine with things. I don't think they care how long it lasts as long as copies move at the newsstand. A quick turnaround means none of her fame/ability to sell gossip has faded yet. (I don't think oversaturation is a word that Kardashians and Kardashian-related media worry about.)

Last edited by Poubelle on Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak on Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:35 pm

At least they waited until their two night wedding special aired.
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  The Lady of Shalott on Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:38 pm

As usual, when I saw someone mention this on Facebook, I had to dash over here because I knew you guys would know the real deal. Which is, of course, that these tacky famewhores are tacky.

TMZ is saying that Kris Humphries believed they were going to settle down in Minnesota and assumed that Kim would? And apparently they just...thought they would work it out after the wedding? Nothing about this couple makes sense.
The Lady of Shalott

Back to top Go down

Post  themis on Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:42 pm

I have a hard time with her thinking that marriage just wouldn't be like this, if that's her actual position. If I recall correctly, her first marriage went three and half or four years. Say instead, ' I thought I wouldn't have to compromise this time, either, and it turns out, no so much.'

themis

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle on Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:44 pm

That may not be exactly what she's saying--I didn't study the cover too closely. She might've been referring just to this particular marriage? Or not very bright, that's also possible.
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak on Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:46 pm

If I recall correctly, her first marriage went three and half or four years. Say instead, ' I thought I wouldn't have to compromise this time, either, and it turns out, no so much.'

There were actually abuse allegations around her first marriage.
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella on Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:04 pm

The Lady of Shalott wrote:TMZ is saying that Kris Humphries believed they were going to settle down in Minnesota and assumed that Kim would? And apparently they just...thought they would work it out after the wedding? Nothing about this couple makes sense.
I wouldn't be surprised. Kim was caught up in the fairy tale wedding and from what I saw of Kris on TV, he seemed to think he could marry Kim and somehow she'd magically wake up less vain and materialistic and she'd stop wanting the paparazzi following them around everywhere. The editing never hid how incompatible they were.

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma on Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:05 pm

Clearly the news media were to blame. They will blame the news media.
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:44 pm

I was going to post a snotty/snarky comment about this divorce but after reading the thread, I think my commentary is no longer needed!

On a serious note, do celebrities who stay married for less than a year feel no remorse or guilt over this type of failed relationship? What is going to happen to all the money spent (I know, sunk cost)? Will she milk this too (I think I know the answer). I don't follow them or stream their show so I don't know how these people behave.

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky on Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:16 pm

So...basically Kim wanted a giant wedding spectacle for her show, got it, and is kicking the random NBA player she recruited to be the groom to the curb now. Well, I hope he at least gets some tell-all tabloid interview money out of it. I think reality tv might actually be the new threat to marriage, guys.
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 on Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:34 pm

Stuff like this absolutely infurates me. Why do Hollywood types even bother getting married? Just throw a big party and everyone show up in formal wear and spare everyone the BS about how you're "in love" and "can't wait to spend the rest of our lives together", when that equates to less than three months. I truly hope there's some serious backlash over this and the Kardashians GO AWAY. And I hope E! lost a serious truckload of money.
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  blooey on Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:56 pm

I find the whole thing incredibly tacky. They pretty much got married for show, and now they can't even pretend to be married for year to at least make it look real. How hard would it be to maintain separate residences? Or is that impossible because of the TV show?

blooey

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak on Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:19 pm

When your career basically consists of having your life filmed 90% of the year for multiple reality shows, so that E! has new content to air nearly year round, I imagine maintaining separate residences would be difficult. Maybe she thought it was easier if he was on the road, but the lockout made them need to be in the same city!

I was sick so I actually managed to catch part of the wedding special over the weekend which is probably the longest I have ever watched a Kardashian show and they seemed to barely be able to tolerate each other for the short periods they were together and Kris seemed like a douche (not that the Ks aren't!)

It does amuse me that Khloe and Lamar just celebrated their two year anniversary when the over/under on that seemed closer to 72 days.

biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges on Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:30 pm

I feel like Khloe and Lamar are the real deal. Kim clearly just wanted a big wedding and everything that came from it. I have no sympathy for Kris Humphries since he seemed like a real jerk (and like he hated everyone in her family) so I don't know why he would have gone through with it unless he was getting paid.
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica on Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:37 pm

I also think Khloe and Lamar are going to make it. Weird.

And I hope E! lost a serious truckload of money.

They made a SHIT LOAD from the wedding, and I guarantee you this means the ratings for K and K Take New York are going to be great. I don't think Kim divorced him for attention -- I think she MARRIED him for attention, and then realized this meant she was MARRIED TO HIM -- but I think relationship drama only helps the show.

I DO think this could maybe hurt her in terms of future endorsement deals.
Jessica

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 43 1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top