Divorce Pool

Page 4 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Divorce Pool

Post  Binky on Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:10 pm

Crowbridge wrote:I'm so shocked.

Mrs. Bryant waiting until the 10 year mark in their marriage in CA makes Kobe have to pay her more, I think. I'm shocked she had the patience.
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  sobe on Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:49 pm

Without a prenup, she was always entitled to 50% of his earnings during their marriage, 10 years or not. But waiting it out 10 years means she can get awarded spousal support with no termination date.

sobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:54 pm

I was actually a bit shocked. Just because I figured if she didn't leave him during the rape trial, she wasn't ever going to leave him. He must have really done something.

Also somewhere Kim Kardashian felt a change in the force and is buying Lakers season tickets.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix on Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:36 pm

sobe wrote:Without a prenup, she was always entitled to 50% of his earnings during their marriage, 10 years or not. But waiting it out 10 years means she can get awarded spousal support with no termination date.

At risk of seeming conniving, I have to say if she waited it out ten years in order to get more from him in a divorce, then I have to say that is excellent. I wouldn't know a lot about either of them, though I was aware of the rape trial and him giving her the diamond ring, but if I were married to someone who was pulling the kind of shit that he was, I'd probably stick it out to take him to the cleaners too.

Of course, first I'd have talk my mother down from braining him with a saucepan and explain my plan to her, but I expect that once I promised to buy her a nice present from the settlement, she'd calm down slightly.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Auroura76 on Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:37 pm

Kiran wrote:Also somewhere Kim Kardashian felt a change in the force and is buying Lakers season tickets.

Ha ha ha!

I'm just shocked they didn't have a pre-nup. He didn't have lawyers back then?

Auroura76

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:27 pm

They got married when she was 18 and he was 22 and his parents didn't attend the ceremony because they felt he was too young and had issues with her (a lot out of her control, like her race though). I suspect the lack of pre nup was a stupid "OUR LOVE IS REAL" gesture.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix on Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:59 pm

Or maybe he thought he was such a catch that she'd never leave him. *speculates wildly*

Married at eighteen though. I had no idea they were that young when they got married. You could nearly say that she's wasted her youth on him. I'm not suggesting twenty eight is old, I'm just saying, your twenties are an important part of your life and to have spent them coping with a cheating partner - well, there are better things you can do in those years.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:35 pm

That is very true.

However I am a huge basketball fan and an even huge fan of gossip, and from what I understand she is not a nice person, and is the Regina George of the Laker Wives. Not to say she deserved this, not at all, but I do wonder if she is just that pragmatic.

If she is, she might be my new hero, not going to lie.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  katesti on Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:08 pm

QueenSix wrote:Or maybe he thought he was such a catch that she'd never leave him. *speculates wildly*

Married at eighteen though. I had no idea they were that young when they got married. You could nearly say that she's wasted her youth on him. I'm not suggesting twenty eight is old, I'm just saying, your twenties are an important part of your life and to have spent them coping with a cheating partner - well, there are better things you can do in those years.

They met when she was 17 and got engaged when she was still in high school. Young is putting it mildly.

Whether she's nice or not - and I'm not surprised she isn't, I don't think I'd be very nice if I'd been married to Kobe for ten years either - I'm fully entertained by all of this. To their credit, though, it does seem like they'd hammered out all the details before she filed in order to avoid public nastiness. Better for their daughters, more boring for us.

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:13 pm

Oh I agree. Its why I said she may be my new hero. I am also getting schadenfreude out of the fact that Kobe probably won't be able to play the family man role anymore post games to have people push away the nagging "rape trial" out of their heads.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude on Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:58 am

katesti wrote:
QueenSix wrote:Or maybe he thought he was such a catch that she'd never leave him. *speculates wildly*

They met when she was 17 and got engaged when she was still in high school. Young is putting it mildly.
The rumor I heard was her parents used the possiblility of a statch charge to lean on Kobe.

So will David Stern force them to stay together?
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmine on Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:51 pm

Yes, I heard that rumor too, which made total sense to me. So stupid to not have a prenup in a community property state and then go on to be a big huge cheater.

Jasmine

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude on Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:42 am

Though not technically married, they'd been together 29 years: Sam Shepard and Jessica Lange. This makes me sad.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  Never Enough on Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:47 am

The yahoo news article about the separation said they had broken up 2 years ago. I'm thinking they only announced it now because she's nominated for a Golden Globe (and most likely will get other nominations) and they didn't want to explain why he isn't with her at the ceremonies.

Never Enough

Back to top Go down

Post  egray on Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:12 pm

egray

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky on Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:49 am

I remember during the Will & Grace years, she was floated as the answer to a number of incredibly dysfunctional family/relationship BIs...
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Paris, Texas on Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:12 am

Sam Shepard and Jessica Lange's split makes me sad. On the other hand, Sam Shepard is single. *brightens*

Paris, Texas

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose on Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:04 am

Binky wrote:

I remember during the Will & Grace years, she was floated as the answer to a number of incredibly dysfunctional family/relationship BIs...
They're apparently still living in the same house, though. Which is not to say that the BIs can't be her.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:03 pm

The old BIs were the first thing I thought of as well. From the sounds of the rumors, they just had an extremely weird and uncomfortable relationship.
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude on Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:19 pm

Former stepfather: Kobe Bryant's wife Vanessa is money hungry like her mom
“Her mother taught her well to wait for the 10-year mark [before divorcing],” Laine told the Website. “In California... it's considered a long term marriage and then she gets paid for life or until she remarries... just like her mother is doing to me.”

He added that he has been ordered by the court to pay Vanessa's mother $1,800 a month and “clearly they don't need it.”

A source divulged to TMZ that Laine's ex is living in a mansion owned by Bryant and that Vanessa takes good care of her.

“I have a six-year-old daughter and that money could be used toward her college fund or something... you'd think she'd care... but no, she's spiteful,” Laine noted.

As for not having a prenup: Isn't an infidelity clause pretty standard? Makes them pretty much useless for pro-athletes.

There was also this rumor that Karl Malone hit on Vanessa. Your wife and the Mailman? How cliche!
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:50 pm

And that is why they should have gotten a pre nup. I have no sympathy for stupidity.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge on Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:41 pm

Kiran wrote:And that is why they should have gotten a pre nup. I have no sympathy for stupidity.
But their love was REAL! *eyeroll*

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:07 pm

ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge on Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:26 pm

She needs help.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare on Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:26 pm

She wrote: 'From the moment myself and my husband got together not long ago, there was intense pressure placed upon him by certain people in his life, not to be involved with me. These were people who had never met me but had formed opinions of me based on what they read about 'Sinead 'O'Connor' in the media etc.
As if there's much of a difference between her media persona and her personal one these days. You don't have to be best buds with her to know she's not the most stable of people. They were right to be concerned about what he was doing.
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top