Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psychotic Fans

+117
emrie
maxell131313
naughty zoot
CindyMc
Mulva
Snarker
DaenarysQueenoftheYumYums
chibimanda
Sheli
LadyGayle
Raised by wolves
Nerg
Tabby
katbeth
SarahJanet
Gallifrey Girl
Carrie Ann
Jessica
eco
mokey75
punkysdilemma
greensock
Swarley
mayram
BloozyTunes
Lis
Matinee
Never Enough
oxymoron
Lily Rose
Jude
vwlphb
Skyblade
Melk
Gillian
Arabella
xyzzy
Dachelle
easybreezy
dionneshea
Escape
mandalaya
Grainne Mhaol
The Dude
VictorLaszlo
puddingcup
nazlan
Agent Sculder
salamandersam
Red Wolf
Kookla
Bob Genghis Khan
Renny Sue
Corvus
Wildog27
Coneycat
Menshevixen
dinahmoe
darthtall
sen3
mozzarella
slmader
Charishawk
Jasmine
queenofdenile
QueenSix
Decca
allochthonous
TiffanyNichelle
punzy
Binky
MtOlivePickles
Cutebutpsycho
Morning Angel
ulkis
Pop'n'Fresh
katha
Kiran
Eris Rising
bookworm
Miss Moneypenny
preciosa
gannetguts
Scarlettfish
ActonBell
Luthien
inversed
Raksha
year of the cat
Unlucky Bear
particle_person
VodouDoll
demgirl
bbridges
curryalley
sagitare
YanaMei
laddical
mrinsouciance
NewYorkStranger
dreago
PrincessCleo
The Glen
blixie
Instant Monkeys
biakbiak
whatthedeuce
Cynara
SelfAmused
Esseilte
Rhilin
swsa
Putli Bai
blooey
big chicken
Poubelle
Gilraen
121 posters

Page 1 of 33 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next

Go down

Psychotic Fans Empty Psychotic Fans

Post  Gilraen Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:19 pm

This seems appropriate to re-start this thread:

Abbey/Orangeblossom, once linked with Jordan Wood, has written out all her experiences. It's fascinating reading and a good warning about how cult leader-types use manipulation to get what they want. I'm glad she seems to be doing well now.

Gilraen

Back to top Go down

Psychotic Fans Empty Re: Psychotic Fans

Post  Poubelle Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:01 pm

Anne Rice pokes the Twihards.
Lestat and Louie feel sorry for vampires that sparkle in the sun. They would never hurt immortals who choose to spend eternity going to high school over and over again in a small town ---- anymore than they would hurt the physically disabled or the mentally challenged. My vampires possess gravitas. They can afford to be merciful.
1800+ comments and counting.

(Facebook will probably make you log in to see everything.)
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:25 pm

Oh, the comments:

Directed to Rice:
Good gawd! His name is spelled LOUIS. With an "S". It's FRENCH WOMAN! I know you don't care for him, but good gawd. A least spell his name correctly.

Directed to that commenter from another commentor:
Anna, it's spelled "God," not "Gawd." I know you don't care for him, but at least spell his name correctly.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  blooey Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:01 pm

I think those comments might actually be better than Halloween candy.

blooey

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:43 pm

Dr. Egon Spengler: There's something very important I forgot to tell you.
Dr. Peter Venkman: What?
Dr. Egon Spengler: Don't cross the wanks.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Why?
Dr. Egon Spengler: It would be bad.
Dr. Peter Venkman: I'm fuzzy on the whole good/bad thing. What do you mean, "bad"?
Dr. Egon Spengler: Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
Dr Ray Stantz: Total protonic reversal.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Right. That's bad. Okay. All right. Important safety tip. Thanks, Egon.
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:56 am

There's something really funny to me about Anne Rice speaking of how her characters are above such childishness, all while she's engaging in it. Heee. Staying relevant is an ugly job.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhilin Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:06 am

So has anyone in that thread told Anne Rice she's interrogating Twilight from the wrong perspective?

Rhilin

Back to top Go down

Post  Esseilte Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:31 am

Gilraen wrote:This seems appropriate to re-start this thread:

Abbey/Orangeblossom, once linked with Jordan Wood, has written out all her experiences. It's fascinating reading and a good warning about how cult leader-types use manipulation to get what they want. I'm glad she seems to be doing well now.

I did find that an interesting read. I always wondered if the things that Abbey and the others associated with Jordan supposedly believed had been exaggerated, but it appears they hadn't. Turimel has turned up in the comments, of course.

What I find consistently sad about it, aside from the human cost and the sheer damage it did to some people's mental health and their lives, is that Jordan is actually a talented writer. I read DAYD without knowing who wrote it, and I loved it. It's easily among my top ten, and I read a LOT of fanfic. Imagine someone with real writing talent taking the kind of imagination that comes up with that 'replacement soul' idea and actually makes it detailed enough for other people to believe, and doing something real and positive with it instead. It's just possible that if Jordan had done that, he'd have gotten enough attention and fans without all of this bullshit.
Esseilte
Esseilte

Back to top Go down

Post  SelfAmused Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:55 pm

I so want "My vampires possess gravitas." on a t-shirt. The comments, however, are gold. They range from the philosophical:
Each of you have different outlooks, there are millions of readers out there that are all looking for something unique and different . In the end traditional vampires will always be there, where as others will come and go.

to punny:
Making vampires G-rated might sell books, but seriously? Where's the bite in that formula??

Love it!

SelfAmused

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:49 pm

Gilraen wrote:This seems appropriate to re-start this thread:

OMG, and who shows up in the comments? Frocking Turimel! Still just as bitter and crazy!

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:30 am

The Tom Hiddleston fans over at LJ scare me something awful. They seem so entitled to every freakin' detail of the guy's life. I can't believe how outraged tons of them were when the news came out that he was married. Y'all know he has the right to privacy and that you never had a chance with him, don't you? So many fans (Hiddlestoners, I believe they're called) said they felt "betrayed" when he showed up at some event with his wife. WTF, seriously?

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:58 am

I always love it when people have crazed/rabid fans yet I still have to google them! It's like when my friend instead at the time of LW 4 (or hell anytime before or since) that Jet Li was more famous in the US than Danny Glover or Mel Gibson.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:54 pm

Abbey/Orangeblossom also wrote a follow-up post that was a rebuttal to the Turimel person's comments. This post led me to a shitload of other links that I wasted a fascinating hour or so reading last night.

I have to say, this is the clearest I've ever been on what happened with this whole situation. I knew many elements (Jordan Wood, Bit of Earth, charity scam, channeling LOTR actors, sparrow son) but not how any of them went together. So often these things are chronicled in epic LiveJournal postings that start with "Well, for background first you have to read this (12,000-word post) and this (18,000-word post) and memorize these (names of sockpuppets that are all taken from characters in fandom you're not familiar with) and probably this but it's really a lie (14,000-word post) and also all the comments and when you've done that come back here and you can start reading this 34,000-word post, which is a mishmash of other people's posts and all the comments and a bunch of links to other things, and maybe, after about 70 hours of work, you too can be as outraged as I." And don't get me wrong, I've done that (I happily read the whole msscribe saga). But it's quite hard to find succinct summaries of this stuff. Now I more or less understand the basics at least.

When I read crazy LOTR fan stuff, I always like to think of J.R.R. Tolkien, eating dinner at Oxford with C.S. Lewis and bitching about how much it pissed him off to hear the train going by when he was trying to sit in the yard and smoke his pipe (my personal theory about the genesis of LOTR) and how funny it would be to watch him try to get his head around it.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:59 pm

Um can someone please explain the triple murder? Wut?!

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The Glen Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:57 pm

At a house where Jordan was living, a man shot his ex-girlfriend and another member of the household before committing suicide. Jordan hid in the bathroom or something, I think, and escaped. Turimel twisted this to infer that he (Jordan) somehow engineered the whole thing. I suppose she thinks he's a modern Charles Manson or something.

The Glen
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Gilraen Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:35 pm

Abbey's posts about leaving Jordan finally are pretty amazing. First of all, for how deep the whole thing went. And second, it's actually very moving how her mom did so much planning and remained so calm for the whole thing. She must have been in Hell all those years waiting for it.

Gilraen

Back to top Go down

Post  PrincessCleo Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:22 pm

I have never claimed I did nothing wrong. It would be less humiliating if your accusations were true. If I just conned you, just did it for money, I could own that and just be sorry. Greed is a motivation anyone can understand. Instead I have to admit that I believed my transgendered girlfriend was also Lord Elrond, my pseudo-father.
Oh God. I feel so bad for everyone involved in this. Even Amy/Jordan/Andrew, sometimes. Not so much Turimel anymore, but still.
PrincessCleo
PrincessCleo
Admin

http://http;//cleolinda.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dreago Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:01 pm

Wow, I just read all the posts and I'm horrified and impressed. Something like this, but less "supernatural" happened in the Sailor Moon community years ago. I remember reading about in on FW. The dark side of fantasy, I suppose.

dreago

Back to top Go down

Post  NewYorkStranger Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:58 pm

What an amazing and sad story. I can't imagine going through that, but what an amazing mother she has.

Kind of related: Is Jordan the same person who made some claim that he had a son, but the son turned out to be a sparrow? Those posts reference a pet bird, but with the sheer levels of wtf in this whole saga, I can't recall if the two stories are connected.
NewYorkStranger
NewYorkStranger

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:23 pm

I'm pretty sure Jordan is son is a sparrow guy, I feel like he maybe did that right after this girl broke free of him. I can't tell if the bird is the son-sparrow.

I didn't read every 10,000 word post on the saga, but just a vague perusal and y'know 10 years ago thing tells me, it might be time for Turimel to get the hell over it already.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:03 pm

Yeah, I think the sparrow in this story is the sparrow-son. Though I'm by no means an expert on this situation. (Much more of one now, though.)

Fascinating stuff, but sad. I'm very glad she's been able to break free from the whole crazy mess and move on with her life.

I think maybe when you construct an entire internet identity over being furious at/enemies with someone, it's probably harder to get over it. :/
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:22 pm

There's a part of me inclined to suggest that discussion of the Penn State students' reaction to Paterno's firing should fall under this topic heading.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:40 pm

I agree.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  YanaMei Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:47 pm

Gilraen wrote:Abbey's posts about leaving Jordan finally are pretty amazing. First of all, for how deep the whole thing went. And second, it's actually very moving how her mom did so much planning and remained so calm for the whole thing. She must have been in Hell all those years waiting for it.

Wow. Turimel/Jeannine begins to reconcile with Abbey: Comment on Abbey's blog. Turimel's lj. Amazing, and touching.

And Abbey's mom is incredible.

YanaMei

Back to top Go down

Post  dreago Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:08 am

I'm a terrible person because I read that apology and... I'm not quite so touched. I'm more appalled by the idea that she seems almost proud of her years of "Klingon tsunami" rage. As if that level of multiple year harassment is ever justified and that her error was applying it in this case. I dunno. I guess it's the thought that counts!

dreago

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 33 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next