Psychotic Fans

Page 6 of 33 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Psychotic Fans

Post  QueenSix on Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:07 am

I just scroll past anything that's shipping Watson and Sherlock because I don't care if they're together. I don't care if they're not together. I don't care who they're with so long as they solve crimes in a clever fashion, have some witty remarks, have fantastic cinematography and so long as the coat is featured in some shape or form. Anything else is just secondary to my enjoyment.

And I would hope that any shipper video concerning me and the fridge would be committed to the same cinematography values as the first two Sherlock series. And be sure to get a close up of the Doctor Who fridge magnet, thanks. It's got a Dalek on it!!

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:09 am

They're also freaking out about Lucy Liu getting cast as Joan Watson because OH NO. NOW THERE WILL BE NO SLASHING OPPORTUNITIES. THERE WILL BE NO QUEER SUBTEXT.

The people that are saying this are being a little bit naive -- knowing shippers the way I do, they will ship Sherlock with whatever male character who appears on the show that's cute enough to strike their fancy.
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:41 am

And be sure to get a close up of the Doctor Who fridge magnet, thanks. It's got a Dalek on it!!

Without the fridge magnet the whole thing is pointless. The fridge magnet is the refrigerator. Not featuring the fridge magnet at all times would be like... like... casting Watson as a woman!
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny on Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:50 am

I don't have any problem with shippers or seeing queer subtext or gaying up manly man franchises, because it's fun, frankly. But doing it to the point where you ignore the entire rest of the story and feel the need to berate other fans is incredibly annoying and definitely smacks of fetishization.

But then again, I've never understood the concept of having an OTP because if you give me enough time, I can pair up pretty much any two characters you can name. I'm fictionally slutty like that.
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance on Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:13 pm

laddical wrote:
And be sure to get a close up of the Doctor Who fridge magnet, thanks. It's got a Dalek on it!!

Without the fridge magnet the whole thing is pointless. The fridge magnet is the refrigerator. Not featuring the fridge magnet at all times would be like... like... casting Watson as a woman!

Does your fridge have a Lucy Liu magnet, too?

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai on Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:35 am

particle_person wrote:(This thread managed to delete itself — don't ask me how, or who, did it — but it should be back in its original location. Carry on.)

CONSPIRACY! Haters, trying to deny our refrigerator/Queen Six OTP!!!111!!!1!!
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person on Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:37 am

Hee. I actually suspect accident or our overlords getting frisky with the code. (Spam removal gone wild, maybe?)

ETA: Blixie says it ain't her either. In her words: "the quirks here are seriously quirky."

Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:04 am

Miss Moneypenny wrote:But then again, I've never understood the concept of having an OTP because if you give me enough time, I can pair up pretty much any two characters you can name. I'm fictionally slutty like that.
We love you for owning up to your slutty ways. Say it loud and proud, my friend!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmine on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:43 am

I just read that Jared (from Supernatural)'s wife Genevieve had their baby. Please keep us posted of any Supernatural Psychotic Fan behavior, theirs is my favorite kind.

Jasmine

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:26 am

Well, he's only having a child with Gen because he can't be with Jensen openly, but I'm sure that's old news by now.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle on Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:25 am

I don't know if this is truly psychotic, but it's part of fandom I was unaware of before now and which is amazing in that carwreck way: Whose Line Is It Anyway Fan Art. And fanvids set to artists such Avril Lavigne and Nick Lachey! (Be aware: some of the images are NSFW if you go further back in the posts.)

And apparently, there really is a Fuck Yeah tumblr for everything.
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:32 am

Jasmine wrote:I just read that Jared (from Supernatural)'s wife Genevieve had their baby. Please keep us posted of any Supernatural Psychotic Fan behavior, theirs is my favorite kind.

Jared's tweet about it is too unenthusiastic, proves it's not his baby. Also, co-stars are probably LYING for him.
Also I doubt Jared is in serious need of sleep. Or if so, more because of shooting SUpernatural as usual rather than holding the beard's hand 24/7 since she went in labor since I doubt she was physically in his vicinity when she went on labor.
And no need to worry, a baby is just the catalyst needed to break up this marriage for good.
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Luthien on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:01 am

I've been on the internet a long time, but never did I suspect that there were 1. fans online of Whose Line Is It Anyway and 2. that they would draw fan art. Including slash fan art.

It's only been a few hours since the new Doctor Who companion was announced, and there are already warnings on the official Doctor Who twitter feed that the actress does not and will not have a Twitter, so beware of imposters. The psychotic fans don't waste any time, do they?

Luthien

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:49 am

I knew there was Whose Line slash fiction. But somehow even that knowledge did not prepare me for slashy fan ART. Oh, internet.
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:03 pm

I'm convinced fandom is a contest as to who can top whom in the area of batshit.
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:27 pm

Via foresthouse on Twitter:
"Two fans showed up uninvited to the house of Spoony from That Guy With the Glasses website and wouldn't leave."

From @thespoonyone's Twitter feed:
I'm going to explain this as plainly as I can: do not attempt to come to my house or my parents' house unannounced. You are not welcome.

I had to call the police on two fans who showed up on my doorstep in costume, and would not leave. I'm sorry, but I simply can't allow this

My brother is a police officer. People have tried to murder him. I am not opening the door to strangers.

I'm not trying to villify these guys, but trust me, if I want you at my house, I'll invite you.

(Note: I am not likely to ever invite any of you. No offense.)
Whoa.

Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  Charishawk on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:38 pm

particle_person wrote:Via foresthouse on Twitter:
"Two fans showed up uninvited to the house of Spoony from That Guy With the Glasses website and wouldn't leave."

Just...WHO DOES THAT??

Also, note the "in costume" part. WHAT IS THIS I CAN'T EVEN.

I have so many questions. Starting with: how did they know where he lives??

Charishawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:40 pm

Depending on open record laws and the Internet, it's amazing what you can find. /reporter
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Charishawk on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:56 pm

Cutebutpsycho wrote:Depending on open record laws and the Internet, it's amazing what you can find. /reporter

True. STILL CREEPY.

I think this creeps me out double-time because if it can happen to other people known only from The Internet, it could happen to me. (Granted, Spoony has, I believe, a much greater following, but seriously, there are some CREEPY Deadpool fans out there.)

Charishawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmine on Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:04 am

swsa wrote:
Jasmine wrote:I just read that Jared (from Supernatural)'s wife Genevieve had their baby. Please keep us posted of any Supernatural Psychotic Fan behavior, theirs is my favorite kind.

Jared's tweet about it is too unenthusiastic, proves it's not his baby. Also, co-stars are probably LYING for him.
Also I doubt Jared is in serious need of sleep. Or if so, more because of shooting SUpernatural as usual rather than holding the beard's hand 24/7 since she went in labor since I doubt she was physically in his vicinity when she went on labor.
And no need to worry, a baby is just the catalyst needed to break up this marriage for good.

Oh thank you so much. I knew that I would not be disappointed by their crazy. And so fast, too!

Jasmine

Back to top Go down

Post  slmader on Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:43 pm

Back in the days of Usenet (I'm dating myself here), someone posted very easy to understand directions to George Clooney's house. I was disturbed.

slmader

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear on Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:27 pm

When I was doing my driver's ed training in high school, my driving instructor would have us drive past baseball player Carlton Fisk's house every weekend. I apologize for my unwitting foray into celebrity stalking.
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm on Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:32 pm

Your driving instructor was better than my driving instructor. He would have us drive to his house and we would sit parked outside for 45 minutes while he was inside.
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:49 pm

slmader wrote:Back in the days of Usenet (I'm dating myself here), someone posted very easy to understand directions to George Clooney's house. I was disturbed.
That's beyond creepy. I know there are maps of where stars live here in Hollywood, but there's something so much creepier about an individual giving out concrete directions to a celeb's home.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  MtOlivePickles on Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:12 am

If there is one thing I've learned over the past year, it's that in certain corners of the internet (COUGHONTDCOUGH), boy band fan wars still rage on. I'm awaiting some wanky business because of MTV's Battle of the Boy Bands.

MtOlivePickles

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 33 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top