Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psychotic Fans

+117
emrie
maxell131313
naughty zoot
CindyMc
Mulva
Snarker
DaenarysQueenoftheYumYums
chibimanda
Sheli
LadyGayle
Raised by wolves
Nerg
Tabby
katbeth
SarahJanet
Gallifrey Girl
Carrie Ann
Jessica
eco
mokey75
punkysdilemma
greensock
Swarley
mayram
BloozyTunes
Lis
Matinee
Never Enough
oxymoron
Lily Rose
Jude
vwlphb
Skyblade
Melk
Gillian
Arabella
xyzzy
Dachelle
easybreezy
dionneshea
Escape
mandalaya
Grainne Mhaol
The Dude
VictorLaszlo
puddingcup
nazlan
Agent Sculder
salamandersam
Red Wolf
Kookla
Bob Genghis Khan
Renny Sue
Corvus
Wildog27
Coneycat
Menshevixen
dinahmoe
darthtall
sen3
mozzarella
slmader
Charishawk
Jasmine
queenofdenile
QueenSix
Decca
allochthonous
TiffanyNichelle
punzy
Binky
MtOlivePickles
Cutebutpsycho
Morning Angel
ulkis
Pop'n'Fresh
katha
Kiran
Eris Rising
bookworm
Miss Moneypenny
preciosa
gannetguts
Scarlettfish
ActonBell
Luthien
inversed
Raksha
year of the cat
Unlucky Bear
particle_person
VodouDoll
demgirl
bbridges
curryalley
sagitare
YanaMei
laddical
mrinsouciance
NewYorkStranger
dreago
PrincessCleo
The Glen
blixie
Instant Monkeys
biakbiak
whatthedeuce
Cynara
SelfAmused
Esseilte
Rhilin
swsa
Putli Bai
blooey
big chicken
Poubelle
Gilraen
121 posters

Page 30 of 33 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Go down

Psychotic Fans - Page 30 Empty Re: Psychotic Fans

Post  Carrie Ann Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:51 pm

I'm LOLing so hard at that quote, emrie. The Glen, bless you for bringing this to our attention. And Kiran, I totally agree. This and Hiddleston. They are both just fine to look at, attractive in an unusual way, and very charismatic people/actors. Cool. So are, like, a lot of actors?

And I get it sometimes, with the ones who are sort of underrated, underused, whatever. But BC does not fit that bill at all. It's like being obsessively protective and supportive of like Brad Pitt, or something. They have robust careers, receive all the accolades they deserve, have pretty great lives to all appearances.

But...yes, poor Ben will probably not live through the year. Because of the MELANOMA. Poor little duck.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:55 pm

I think because up until the last couple years Benedict Cumberbatch was really just internet famous they got weirdly propriety of him. Same thing with Hiddleston. If you say his name to the average person on the street they will look at you blankly, until you go "Loki". I remember years ago George Clooney said that when he travelled with Brad Pitt people would just stare in Brad in awe and keep a distance, whereas with Clooney because he spent years on ER they would be like HEY GEORGE, WHATS UP MAN. There was a familiarity there. And I think that plays a part with who the internet chooses to fixate on.

I actually think if Hiddleston gets married it will be even crazier, because hes one of those people that fan services a LOT and really opens himself up to the crazies.

British actors who are not horribly sexually threatening have been getting this treatment for years though (see Orlando Bloom). The Fassbenders and Hardys avoid it.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:23 pm

If I could whistle, that is what I would be doing right now. What did people even do before the internet?

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:27 pm

OK, "Sanka?" Why is that her evil nickname? She likes coffee?
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  emrie Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:57 pm

I had to look it up myself. According to this blog, "Sanka is a brand of decaffeinated coffee, so it is kind of a way of saying she’s boring."

Which is really a very lackluster insult. A Sanka-insult, if you will.

emrie

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:44 pm

Wow. That's as bland as BC and his psycho fans.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:00 pm

Have they never heard of Postum?

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:01 pm

...Again I like Benedict Cumberbatch and think hes a great actor but are they trying to act like he IS NOT super bland himself?
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:00 am

I remember years ago George Clooney said that when he travelled with Brad Pitt people would just stare in Brad in awe and keep a distance, whereas with Clooney because he spent years on ER they would be like HEY GEORGE, WHATS UP MAN. There was a familiarity there. And I think that plays a part with who the internet chooses to fixate on.
Cumberbatch has the double-whammy of initially being more internet-famous and, like Clooney, having his breakout role on TV (Sherlock) for the "was technically appearing in your own home" factor.

There's a tumblr anon at one of the links complaining he hasn't had a breakout Hollywood film role yet. Because getting nominated for a lead actor Oscar means you're flying under Hollywood's radar, clearly.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:08 pm

Also. hes like a not pretty Jude Law, in the sense that over the last two years hes been in EVERYTHING.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarryfan Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:01 pm

I love Benedict Cumberbatch as an actor and I do think he's attractive BUT at the same time I kind of think he looks like a boiled cat. Like Mr. Bigglesworth from Austin Powers after the cryo-freeze.

I don't know why.

Snarryfan

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:46 pm

In the fandom that keeps on giving, Jensen Ackles and Misha Collins posted pictures of themselves in front of a sunset on twitter and the people who think he should be having sex with friends with no one but Jared Padalecki are threatening to delete their twitters and saying they will leave the fandom. Yes, that'll make Jensen and Misha so upset!

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:58 pm

OMG, LOLLLLLLL. I was just reminded of that incredible dissertation on the entirety of the J2 conspiracy, and now I wanna read it again. Some day, when I'm feeling down, I need to remember to just come and read through this whole thread beginning to end, because nothing brings me more joy.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:20 pm

I was wondering when the grand masters of this thread were going to remind everyone who was boss. Cumberbach pretenders-to-the-throne: as if.
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:52 pm

This psychotic fandom world is bewildering. What are "fannies", "nannies", and "skeptics"?

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:48 pm

I am pretty certain the thing Misha will miss most when Supernatural ends is trolling the fandom and that no other acting job will give him such glee.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:38 pm

Sometimes it's not even deliberate. I remember last year a big scavenger hunt he organized last year and one of the big point items was to get a published writer to write a short story or a few sentences.   Well, it lead to some of the participants getting very angry when the writer they honored with their request refused to participate and writers getting harassed on Twitter and other social media.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:24 pm

Corvus wrote:I was wondering when the grand masters of this thread were going to remind everyone who was boss. Cumberbach pretenders-to-the-throne: as if.

Hee. I laughed.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:38 pm

Corvus wrote:I was wondering when the grand masters of this thread were going to remind everyone who was boss. Cumberbach pretenders-to-the-throne: as if.

I can't stop laughing at this.

I do not get those people and it just keeps getting more insane.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:06 am

Here's a link to some craziness

http://kellios.tumblr.com/post/113352859028/the-first-thing-i-want-to-do-is-thank-the-people

short version of what it says: this fan went to visit Jensen at a convention, and told them that while she loved them she couldn't be in fandom anymore. so she was shocked, SHOCKED, that Jensen posted those pictures on twitter in light of their conversation.

She does go on to say she remembered that Jensen is very nice and she owed him the benefit of the doubt that he did not put up those pictures to be mean. Gotta love how it doesn't occur to her that he simply fucking forgot they ever had a conversation.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:35 am

I know we all handle things in our own way and that some people can be more invested in fandom than others and that it can bring something to their lives that helps them get on with life in general so I'm not going to be snarky about how she felt she had to go to that convention to say goodbye to J2, even if she felt she had to tell them about why she was leaving fandom which I'm sure they 'appreciated'.

But bless her if she thought that something was going to happen because of that conversation. Am I understanding that right? That she thought from that conversation that someone was going to address her concerns or issues? Because...what?

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:15 am

She not only thinks that, she thinks Jensen posted the picture of him and Misha BECAUSE of that, to give her hope that Destiel (Dean and Castiel) will happen on the show. Which it will not.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:31 am

to give her hope that Destiel (Dean and Castiel) will happen on the show. Which it will not.

? I thought she was SamnDean/J2 cray who is pissed at the photo for being a fuck you to SamnDean/J2, and it was staged as a sop to destiel fans, because in no way could Mischa/Jensen actually be *friends*, they only did that to fuck with her specifically.

I have hard time laughing at some of SPN crazy especially this girl, the level of actual delusion is just so...complete, her belief that she does have a personal one to one relationship with J2 via con stalking, and that they had offered her "morale support", that Jared pulled her back from the brink with a hashtag aimed directly at her? Having to leave fandom over her emotional distress? Oh honey, please please please have a therapist, and if you don't get one. I mean she is still not at wallpapered room of Jared levels, but it's a short jump away.

This Bumberbitch stuff though gives me nothing but the grins. I love her point about delivering it to him via mail v. @ a con being disappointingly less effective. Yes it will be far more effective in person. Also the way she lays out the rational sane arguments like they are in fact facile and nuts, because fandom is dealing with an ETHICAL IMPERATIVE. Hee, sunburns are serious business, no one but a crackhead would go to Tahiti when they're a pale Englishman.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarryfan Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:13 am

Hee, sunburns are serious business, no one but a crackhead would go to Tahiti when they're a pale Englishman.

I've heard it's a magical place*

Yep, Marvel nerd

Snarryfan

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:17 am

[quote="blixie"]
to give her hope that Destiel (Dean and Castiel) will happen on the show. Which it will not.

? I thought she was SamnDean/J2 cray who is pissed at the photo for being a fuck you to SamnDean/J2, and it was staged as a sop to destiel fans, because in no way could Mischa/Jensen actually be *friends*, they only did that to fuck with her specifically.

Yeah, she doesn't think Jensen posted Misha pictures to give her hope Destiel, she's a Jared/Jensen fan who thinks Jensen posted those Misha pictures to be mean the J/J fans

I know we all handle things in our own way and that some people can be more invested in fandom than others and that it can bring something to their lives that helps them get on with life in general so I'm not going to be snarky about how she felt she had to go to that convention to say goodbye to J2, even if she felt she had to tell them about why she was leaving fandom which I'm sure they 'appreciated'.

Yeah, I would never throw stones at someone who got overly invested in fandom per se, it's the whole thinking Jensen betrayed them by posting pictures. Like, is a man not allowed to have more than one friend?? Jared is friends with Misha too!!

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 33 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next