View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: James Bond Series

Post  slmader on Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:04 pm

He is my sexiest man alive. Can't wait!

slmader

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella on Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:45 am

I want to go back to 2012 and apologize to Adele for thinking "Skyfall" played it too safe. Maybe so but it doesn't sound like she wrote it in 20 minutes, Sam Smith!

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea on Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:47 pm

Arabella wrote:I want to go back to 2012 and apologize to Adele for thinking "Skyfall" played it too safe. Maybe so but it doesn't sound like she wrote it in 20 minutes, Sam Smith!
That was... not great. It wasn't even terrible, it was just really boring. Bond songs shouldn't be boring.
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 on Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:32 pm

dionneshea wrote:
Arabella wrote:I want to go back to 2012 and apologize to Adele for thinking "Skyfall" played it too safe. Maybe so but it doesn't sound like she wrote it in 20 minutes, Sam Smith!
That was... not great. It wasn't even terrible, it was just really boring. Bond songs shouldn't be boring.

Yeah, I heard it over the weekend and thought it was really, really mediocre.
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:07 pm

Yeah, I heard it over the weekend and thought it was really, really mediocre.

Which makes it the perfect song for this movie.

I think I enjoyed it while watching it, but even while watching it, I felt like the plot was beyond thin. It was the most ridiculous series of "fetch quests" - like, it was James Bond the JRPG. Things made little to no sense (how did Judi Dench's M figure into this besides one more chance to bring her in for a scene?) and it was emotionally dead despite trying *really hard* to be deep (the *whole* story of Franz Oberhauser that is supposed to be some mindblowing thing except everyone guessed the twist two years ago when the movie's title was announced and the sibling dynamic it tries to establish to make it twistier doesn't gel in the slightest). And they spend all this time establishing Lea Seydoux's character as some hidden badass... and she does *nothing* except follow Bond around with disdain and then puppy dog eyes.

Overall, the worst of the Daniel Craig films (which still makes it better than anything Roger Moore did after For Your Eyes Only). Which is a real shame because Lea Seydoux could have been great, Christoph Waltz could have been great, Dave Bautista could have been great... everything to make this movie sing was on screen, but the movie is content to just flail around throwing all this potential greatness at us but never actually doing anything with it.

At least Quantum of Solace gave us a clear through line of character arc and plot, even if the cinematography destroyed everything else.
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude on Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:13 pm

Ah the Gun Barrel sequence at the beginning of the film...AS GOD INTENDED!

It was okay, but it lacked the visceral energy of Skyfall.
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top