Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter (Spoilers)

+57
gannetguts
Gillian
Matinee
naughty zoot
Melk
Kiran
SNeaker
Cynara
Author By Night
Gallifrey Girl
snorf
PineappleGirl
SarahJanet
maxell131313
QueenSix
UmaOprah
Tabby
Poubelle
Red Wolf
VodouDoll
Nerg
Crowbridge
RiverThames
Instant Monkeys
ulkis
jstilwe
vwlphb
Arabella
Wildog27
Shadowlass
particle_person
mialoubug
ActonBell
PrincessCleo
Evil Lincoln
roly
Unlucky Bear
Gilraen
TiffanyNichelle
Algae
terriem
allochthonous
big chicken
narfzz
MLIS
philophobe
Scarlettfish
Jasmine
queenofdenile
Francie Nolan
laddical
SelfAmused
inversed
epudom
Carrie Ann
biakbiak
BreezyK
61 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Harry Potter (Spoilers) - Page 7 Empty Re: Harry Potter (Spoilers)

Post  snorf Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:52 pm

Oh good! Thanks! Now I want to read HP fanfic, but ff.net is blocked at work. Just got into the Sugarquill, who I remember as the die hard Ron/Hermoine Shippers compared to the Harry/Hermoine shippers from Schnoogle which only started becuase Cassandra Claire plagarised a bunch of stuff and got kicked off ff.net. The Big fics that I remember following were the Draco Dormiens trilogy (Cassandra Claire), After the End (Arabella + Someone else, who were somehow linked to the Leaky Cauldron.org) and The Triangle Prophecy (Barb?). Note, this may not be how it happened, but that's how I remember it.

Man, now I'm all nostalgic 'cause that shit all went down OVER TEN YEARS AGO!)

snorf

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:24 pm

Nothing about the new Harry Potter story?

Well, it's really more of an article written by Rita Skeeter, whose level of commitment to journalistic integrity remains unchanged as Harry enters his early thirties.

For the few (if any) of you who haven't read it yet, here.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:36 pm

Is it weird that still when I see a mention of George, I get sad about Fred?
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:01 pm

biakbiak wrote:Is it weird that still when I see a mention of George, I get sad about Fred?

It just shows that you still have a soul.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  jstilwe Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:16 pm

I enjoyed the story, but l didn't think there was much new info in it. There is speculation that the reference to Rita Skeeter releasing a book on July 31is a hint that there will a surprise book release that day. I am trying not to hope, but it's hard not to!

jstilwe

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:22 pm

jstilwe wrote:I enjoyed the story, but l didn't think there was much new info in it. There is speculation that the reference to Rita Skeeter releasing a book on July 31is a hint that there will a surprise book release that day. I am trying not to hope, but it's hard not to!

There wasn't much new info, but it was fun to get updated.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:24 am

Given the nature of the industry, I can't see how anyone, even JK, can pull a Beyonce with a book release. Maybe an e-book only.
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Author By Night Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:11 pm

RiverThames wrote:Given the nature of the industry, I can't see how anyone, even JK, can pull a Beyonce with a book release.  Maybe an e-book only.

Not to mention social media - I'm sorry, there's absolutely no way someone wouldn't leak it. But, like you said, perhaps an e-book or the announcement of a book release.

Of course, I'll be traveling that day so I'm sure part of it is selfishness. :P Though one of the people I'm traveling with is a big HP buff too, so it would actually work well in many ways...

I DO have to wonder if the Rita stuff is hinting at something larger in general. I hope not a book 8 or something though - between the adult Archie comics, the adult sequel to The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, and TV shows I liked carrying on after the high school characters graduated.... I just don't want my YA characters to be written as adults. Little good ever seems to come of that. But a book with backstory or something might be neat.

Author By Night

http://author-by-night.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:17 pm

If I had to choose, I'd much rather read Harry Potter And The Threat That Isn't Voldemort But Is Still Really Bad over, say, Albus Potter And Worrying About House Points Again.
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:25 pm

Author By Night wrote:I just don't want my YA characters to be written as adults. Little good ever seems to come of that. But a book with backstory or something might be neat.
I agree about preferring a book with a backstory, but beg to differ on the first point — Madeline L'Engle did a really nice job with A Swiftly Tilting Planet.
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:14 am

I agree that I'm not super interested in reading about the trio as adults. And I say this as someone who liked the epilogue. Not that I wouldn't snatch it up and read it the second it came out. I would, however, love a book about the marauders/orginal Order of the Phoenix. Or maybe the Dumbledore vs. Grindelwald (with bonus forbidden gay wizard love). Basically, I'm down with any sort of prequel situation. Not that I think we'll ever get one, but that is my dream.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:34 pm

So, did anyone read Cursed Child? I finished it last night, and despite some issues (I actually had a complaint about the first scene), there were some things I really enjoyed. Especially young Scorpius. He was a delight. There were parts that felt fan-ficcy, but it didn't get too overwhelming. I wish we could have gotten a little more of some characters that we already knew. I don't think Neville was in it at all and surely he could have been. Hagrid was barely in it. No mention of Luna at all. Nor any of the other Weasleys.

However, I didn't mind that it was about Albus and Scorpius. And the time travel factor was interesting. Now I'm very curious to see the play. (Which was probably their plan all along.)
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:07 am

It felt very much like a fanfic written by someone who really liked the movies. I wouldn't mind seeing the play or even it becoming a movie itself. I'd put it with the movies as a ok adaptation but will always prefer the books.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:09 pm

TiffanyNichelle wrote:It felt very much like a fanfic written by someone who really liked the movies. I wouldn't mind seeing the play or even it becoming a movie itself. I'd put it with the movies as a ok adaptation but will always prefer the books.

Yeah, I agree. The Ron in it felt very movie Ron to me. I liked it okay when I was reading it but have never really thought about it again after finishing it.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:38 pm

I know that since it's a play they couldn't touch on the larger extended cast but I kept wanting to know what everyone else was doing. If you're going to keep mentioning Neville Longbottom, give me Longbottom! And Ginny barely did anything. It was very disappointing.

I was discussing it with a co-worker and we were going on and on about what we didn't like and then we tried to think of what we *did* like and couldn't remember anything.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  PirateCatarina Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:50 am

I really enjoyed Scorpius and that's about it. I hated what they did with the relationship between Harry and Albus and I really don't buy that Cedric would turn into a Death Eater that easily. I think I'd rather go watch A Very Potter Musical again than see that play.

PirateCatarina

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:03 pm

PirateCatarina wrote:I really enjoyed Scorpius and that's about it. I hated what they did with the relationship between Harry and Albus and I really don't buy that Cedric would turn into a Death Eater that easily. I think I'd rather go watch A Very Potter Musical again than see that play.

A Very Potter Musical > anything outside the original 7 books.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  PirateCatarina Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:07 pm

ulkis wrote: A Very Potter Musical > anything outside the original 7 books.

So very true. My friend and I quote it & A Very Potter Sequel more often than we probably should.

PirateCatarina

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:44 pm

PirateCatarina wrote:
ulkis wrote: A Very Potter Musical > anything outside the original 7 books.

So very true. My friend and I quote it & A Very Potter Sequel more often than we probably should.

That made me go watch it again for the first time in a while. How did a parody show get so much more emotional than the films at times lol?

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:39 am

I just finished it, what a quick read! I can't decide how I feel about it. I liked Albus and Severus' friendship, and I liked seeing Harry wrestle with the demons of his past, and I just really liked meeting some of the characters again. But overall, yeah, it lacked the resonance and power of the original books. Which I suppose was inevitable. I'd still kill to see the stage production though.

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7