Raising Hope

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Raising Hope

Post  Shadowlass on Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:37 pm

I read that those adorable twins now had their names in the title sequence, so I paid attention to it last night and didn't see them...but I did notice the credit that said "And introducing Cloris Leachman as Maw Maw."

Lovely little nugget.

Shadowlass

Back to top Go down

Re: Raising Hope

Post  caltrask55 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:59 pm

And they added Barney to the credits!

caltrask55

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowlass on Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:23 pm

I saw that! I like him, but I'd rather have Hope in the credits.

But the idea of "introducing" someone who's won an Academy Award and eight Emmys is hilarious.

Shadowlass

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky on Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:33 pm

I am so pissed they have the New Girl (which I despise) between Glee and this. I have missed most of the season, had to catch up on Hulu.
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:38 pm

I really enjoy this show, but season 2 has been a bit of a mixed bag. There have been a few too many silly revelations from the family's past instead of funny storylines taking place in the present, and far too little of Howdy's featured so far. I was pleased to see Barney last night, but where is the always awesome Frank? And I hate Shannon Woodward's hair right now. However, Garret Dillahunt and Martha Plimpton continue to be pitch perfect and I have liked how the show has featured a more lucid Maw Maw lately. And the twins playing Hope are ADORABLE.
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  caltrask55 on Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:57 am

The Six Million Dollar Man married to Mrs. Patrtidge??? I love this show!!

caltrask55

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:42 am

I can't fathom what Shannon was thinking getting that haircut. It's pretty, but it just doesn't suit her, and it definitely doesn't suit Sabrina. She's cool and snarky, and the hair looks like bad wig that makes her appear all dorky. Regardless of that though, I love her and every single character on this show.

It's awesome that Barney's a regular now, but I'd love to see Frank because I die laughing everytime he shows up. His video pitch for Howdy's had my sister and me laughing till out sides ached. "We have food...if that's your thing." And then he tosses in some personal info for absolutely no reason: "My name is Frank. I'm an open-minded, single white male. Born the year of the rat." I just love his creepy ass!

Without a doubt, this is the most heartwarming show on TV. I find myself saying "awwwwwww" in the last 2 minutes of evey single ep when Jimmy wraps up the message of whatever's just occurred over the past 25 minutes. And Lucas Neff has really grown into his role. In the first few eps, he seemed shaky to me, almost as if he wasn't acting but just reading off lines nervously at an audition. (That is rather appropriate for Jimmy though.) Now, I feel he completely fits in with all the other wonderful characters. Martha and Garet are absolute gold together, and I love how much Virginia adores Burt despite his endlessly stupid shenanigans.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Luthien on Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:26 am

My mother is a huge fan of this show, and convinced me to watch some of her first season DVDs with her last weekend. So much for my usual ranting that there is nothing good on TV anymore. This is the sweetest, funniest show. I love the characters, the actors are great, the stories are funny and touching, and the baby is the cutest ever. Also Burt is very easy on the eyes. I'm not through the first season yet, but what I've seen, I've loved.

Luthien

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 on Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:22 am

jcpdiesel21 wrote:I really enjoy this show, but season 2 has been a bit of a mixed bag. There have been a few too many silly revelations from the family's past instead of funny storylines taking place in the present, and far too little of Howdy's featured so far. I was pleased to see Barney last night, but where is the always awesome Frank? And I hate Shannon Woodward's hair right now. However, Garret Dillahunt and Martha Plimpton continue to be pitch perfect and I have liked how the show has featured a more lucid Maw Maw lately. And the twins playing Hope are ADORABLE.
Yeah, I agree with all of this. Though I don't really care for Maw Maw - I actually like her less lucid and showing up intermittently. Also, this show has the most hilarious theme song on tv right now, and they almost never play it! I get so annoyed when it's the 10 second version.
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  pizzagirl20 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:39 am

Holy crap! Tonight's episode was so awesome ... hilarious, sweet, sad, and quite possibly one of the best shows on TV right now.

I love all of the characters; love the good-natured spirit of this show; love that it is introducing me to Cloris Leachman. Basically, I love this show. So much.
pizzagirl20

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 on Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:31 am

This week's episode was incredible; I loved everything about it and it may be my favorite episode ever of the show. I didn't think that they'd put Jimmy and Sabrina together so early in the show's run, but the transition was done perfectly. I love how everything came together between Jimmy's fake girlfriend, Burt and Virginia trying to find a hobby together, and winning over Sabrina.
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:26 pm

OK, that was terrific. If you had told me the plot beforehand I might have rolled my eyes, but it worked. They built the obnoxiousness of Wyatt up just enough in the last few episodes.

I also liked the stinger: "This show was over budget!" Heh.

And Hope is so cute. When's she gonna talk?
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian on Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:23 am

Hope has the absolute best facial expressions in the whole wide world. I don't know how they got her to do that look of shock and disbelief when Sabrina left the auditorium, but it was hilarious. They must just keep a camera on the babies at all times and edit in the reaction shots they want. I totally want to adopt those kids.

I loved this episode, and I am so thrilled that Sabrina's hair appears to be entering the final phase of awkwardly growing out a terrible hair decision. I hope Shannon Woodward learned from this experience.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top