Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celebrity Sightings

+61
slmader
The Glen
Raised by wolves
vwlphb
xyzzy
choubetcha
Red Wolf
emrie
eco
Lis
Kiran
MtOlivePickles
Coneycat
eventide82
darthtall
Muggsy
mialoubug
KatOla520
laddical
mayram
bbridges
bookworm
Morning Angel
PrincessCleo
Poubelle
Unlucky Bear
Instant Monkeys
particle_person
Arabella
curryalley
inversed
Sheli
Crowbridge
Escape
punkysdilemma
queenofdenile
blixie
mokey75
katesti
naughty zoot
dionneshea
schwa
mo pie
mandalaya
jstilwe
Cutebutpsycho
dinahmoe
Cynara
Eris Rising
Raksha
epudom
Gillian
spidey_88
TiffanyNichelle
ActonBell
Snarryfan
harvey the penguin
whatthedeuce
Carrie Ann
Miss Moneypenny
Corellderaan
65 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Celebrity Sightings - Page 5 Empty Re: Celebrity Sightings

Post  Coneycat Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:44 pm

eventide82 wrote:Not my sighting, but my mother and aunt are in London and were having high tea at the Dorchester Hotel when they saw GOOP herself walk through the front doors with Chris Martin and their kids. My aunt reported that she is extremely pretty in real life and their kids are quite cute.

That's really cool!

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:31 pm

Robert Downey, Jr went to the movies in Hadley, MA yesterday and my son's friend, who works the concession stand, bought him a box of Junior Mints. Coincidentally that's the place I sold Ilan Mitchell-Smith, Downey's co-star in Weird Science, a ticket to the movies 25 years ago.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:11 pm

naughty zoot wrote:Robert Downey, Jr went to the movies in Hadley, MA yesterday and my son's friend, who works the concession stand, bought him a box of Junior Mints. Coincidentally that's the place I sold Ilan Mitchell-Smith, Downey's co-star in Weird Science, a ticket to the movies 25 years ago.

Do you know what he went to see?
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:13 pm

I'll try and find out.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  MtOlivePickles Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:39 pm

naughty zoot wrote:Robert Downey, Jr went to the movies in Hadley, MA yesterday and my son's friend, who works the concession stand, bought him a box of Junior Mints. Coincidentally that's the place I sold Ilan Mitchell-Smith, Downey's co-star in Weird Science, a ticket to the movies 25 years ago.

That is awesome.

MtOlivePickles

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:32 am

No word on what he saw - it's a multiplex and apparently he used a kiosk to buy his ticket. The Junior Mint story has a a little more to it, though. He went to the concession stand looking for Junior Mints, which they didn't have, so my son's friend ran down to the newstand in the mall and bought Junior Mints for him, refusing repayment. That's customer service! And for those keeping score she guesses he's about 5'8".
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:51 am

This is not my sighting, but oh how I wish it was, because one of my best friends met Darren Criss at the Tony Awards on Sunday night. He wasn't a presenter - he bought a ticket because a bunch of his friends from U Michigan were nominated for something. She's met her fair share of famous people after a life of stage-dooring and working in the business and she says he was the sweetest man she's ever met, and if I didn't love her I'd hate her so much right now. (Also, he's short. Like 5'3".)
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:35 am

Thats so cool! Did she meet anyone else? I'm a huge broadway geek.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  mialoubug Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:33 pm

I never quite got John Krasinski. I never watched "The Office," and when I did see him on something, he reminded me of my doufus pain in the ass cousin. So I never paid attention. Until last week. I met him and Emily Blunt at a dinner for work. In person he is freaking adorable! Polite, very nice, kind of shyish. She is very very tiny, quiet but has a really nice way about her. Of course it was a fund-raising dinner -- and they were standing in for Matt Damon -- but overall they were seemingly normal people.
mialoubug
mialoubug

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:41 pm

Kiran, I think she might have schmoozed with Megan Hilty as well, but I was a little distracted by the non-Darren talk. :) She did say that Debra Messing took a pic with a fan and then complained about it to the bartender when the fan was two feet away.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:29 pm

LOL, I thought you might be. I love Megan Hilty! And I've heard Messing is a pill.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:40 am

I thought I read somewhere here once that someone said Krasinski was supposed to be a jerk or something so I'm really glad to hear he's a polite, sweet guy from someone who's actually met him.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lis Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:40 am

Yes, mialoubug, be assured of my utmost envy!

Lis

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:05 am

Awwww, Krasinski! I'm so glad he was cool. I love him. I like Emily Blunt too.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  eco Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:21 am

I sat next to John Krasinski at a café several years ago when he was with Rashida Jones - they were with the lead singer of Death Cab For Cutie (Zooey Deschanel's ex, Ben Gibbard) and a couple of other friends - and they were all pretty laid-back and very polite to their server.

The really creepy thing though was that I posted it somewhere - I think this was before I was on Twitter, but I can't be sure - and got an email from US Weekly asking if I could confirm the sighting and could they publish it in their 'Sightings' column. (I was like, um...no thanks).

eco

Back to top Go down

Post  emrie Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:25 pm

So I work for a summer program for kids, and a mom called in with questions about her son's enrollment and arrival next weekend. We had a lovely little conversation about the summer phone number and the packing list and a PDF she needed, and it was only when I went to get her email address that I realized I was speaking to Jessica Hecht (Susan of Carol-and-Susan on Friends, along with many many other roles). She's not a huge star, but jeez I loved Friends back in the day and her voice was so familiar! She was very nice, self-deprecating about having lost her forms, very friendly. I would have had no idea I was speaking to Ross's ex-wife's lesbian lover!

emrie

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:41 pm

My random Comic-Con sightings: Saw Michael Dorn wandering the floor, looking fairly unrecognizable under a fisherman's hat.  Spent eight damn hours in line yesterday and didn't see anyone (including not getting into the Game of Thrones panel), though we saw people cheering for Norman Reedus who apparently waved to the line from the balcony. 

Today we saw Donald Faison getting a custom t-shirt made at the Kick-Ass 2 "Fan Zone" about eight blocks away from the convention center.  A bunch of people also spotted him and asked to take pictures.  He seemed amenable for a few of them but then hightailed it out of there.  Makes me feel sorry for celebs who probably just want to mess around unmolested...

Also, the Hilton is the place to spot people: we saw Edward James Olmos being driven up in a golf cart, walked by Wil Wheaton and his wife heading back on foot, and later saw the briefest flash of Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen being dropped off in tinted-window vans.  There is a clear hierarchy of celeb here sorted by type of conveyance.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:55 pm

I would have expected Olmos to get better transport than a golf cart. Maybe the organisers were annoyed at how he hammed it up during the last half of the last season.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:22 pm

Holly Hunter (and her family) came in to get sandwiches where I work today. I wasn't sure it was her at first but then she started to talk!
bbridges
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:24 pm

I love that the Toronto International Film Festival is becoming my annual opportunity to gawk at Colin Firth in person. I'm not one to go to the red carpet premieres within the festival, but it's been 2 years in a row where he's been present at the Q&A portion that happened after a screening. Plus, he was very, very good in "The Railway Man" so it was lovely all around.
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:14 pm

A friend invited me to the Emmys and I have about 150 blurry cell-phone pictures of maybe celebrities.  I didn't really speak to a lot of folks other than to tell John Oliver he kicked ass over the summer and Jessica Williams that her dress was awesome, but we had fun gawking.  I got a nice shot of the back of Stephen Colbert as he was walking to the Governor's Ball carrying his two Emmys.

When we were at dinner the night before, Chad Lowe came in for dinner with his wife and about 20 of his closest friends, none of whom we recognized (there was one dude who looked like John Mayer, but younger, and several guys of the clean-cut "this guy has to be an actor" type).  The next morning at brunch, we walked by a semi-incognito Christopher Walken reading the paper on the porch at Chateau Marmont, who I'm pretty sure heard my friend go "Dude, is that Christopher Walken?" because he looked right at us.  Oopsie.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:05 pm

I saw Bryan Cranston! Who is doing a play around here (which I saw last weekend) and so I've been hoping I would run into him, but I was just at the crosswalk and this guy was talking and I looked up and noticed he had Bryan Cranston-y dimples and thought "gosh, that guy both looks and sounds like Bryan Cranston," and then I suddenly was like WAIT, I THINK IT ACTUALLY IS BRYAN CRANSTON AND THAT ACTUALLY MAKES SENSE BECAUSE BRYAN CRANSTON IS HERE. He was wearing sunglasses and a baseball cap, but over a Bryan Cranston-shaped face. And luckily they followed ME a good way as I was going to the bus (meaning I could pretend to be nonchalantly not at all stalking him) and I had ample time to listen to his voice, and it very much sounded like a dialed-down (as in less, you know, resonant and acting-y) Bryan Cranston. Plus he was talking about the Oberon, which is the other location of the theater his play is at, and I think giving the woman he was with directions.

I never see celebrities so I was very excited, and more so because it's someone I totally love!
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  choubetcha Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:19 am

Yay! Makes up for Jon Hamm!

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:28 am

I meant Ron Perlman at the local comic con and by virtue of being one of the least scary, most sane, and put together ladies in his line (no seriously, lots of batshit I LOVE YOU VINCENT going on there), I was able to charm him into recording me this voice mail. I am on the moon.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  mandalaya Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:44 am

That's awesome, Kiran! And congratulations on being the least crazy person in his line!
mandalaya
mandalaya

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next