Celebrity Sightings

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Celebrity Sightings

Post  ActonBell on Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:52 am

I kind of want a video of that line...knowing there are still Beauty and the Beast superfans makes me laugh. The voicemail is fantastic.
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:54 am

Girl, she looked my age too so she was getting that shit on bootleg VHS long after it had been cancelled.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:55 am

That is BADASS. Aww, I had a friend who was a Beauty and the Beast superfan. She wrote fanfic. I was writing ST:TNG fanfic so it's not like I had any stones to throw, heh. Ah, late-'80s fanfic buddies. (I don't think she's STILL a superfan though...but who knows I guess.)
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy on Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:38 pm

That is balls-to-the-wall awesome. I was a total B&B superfan. I had a door poster of Vincent in my bedroom when all of my friends had door posters of Andre Agassi and Patrick Swayze.
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:04 pm

Lol I think it was more her screeching it in a weird way that was freaky rather then her enjoying the show.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising on Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:42 pm

I wouldn't swear it, but I thought that I saw Jaleel White in an elevator last week. I couldn't confirm it, though, since I couldn't recall his actual name until I was well off the elevator, and asking "HEY, WEREN'T YOU URKEL?" somehow seemed impolite.
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  vwlphb on Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:04 pm

I got to meet Cory Doctorow today. It was pretty great, since I'm a big fan. I even wrote a paper on him back in college.

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear on Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:21 pm

This is kind of old, my husband and I nearly ran right into Gov. Deval Patrick getting off an elevator at the Massachusetts State House on our trip to Boston in September. I recognized him by his squeaky voice.
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:47 pm

I quickly caught a glance of Michelle Hurd and Garret Dillahunt in line for the Monsters Inc ride at Disneyland yesterday. She looked happy and refreshed while he looked quite exhausted and mellow.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:44 pm

Ooh, I saw a legit celebrity yesterday. I was standing in line at a gift shop at the Orlando airport behind a super-tan, super-buff (REALLY GAY LOOKING) dude. After he finished up his purchase, the cashier lady was like "Are you old enough to remember Growing Pains? That was Kirk Cameron!" Good thing we never made eye contact, because I had an armload of stuff from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter gift shop; he would have tried to perform an exorcism on me.

So I loved that that was my first celebrity sighting, and I loved that the cashier thought I might have been too young to remember Growing Pains.
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 on Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:35 pm

We traveled from Sydney back home to Melbourne yesterday and as we boarded the plane and walked through business class, a giant hat caught my eye. It was Pharrell Williams. Sitting right there, less than two feet from me. We made eye contact and I realised who it was, so I just kind of said "oh, hi!" and he subtly nodded. My husband was behind me with the baby and when I looked back to see where he was, he had glanced at Pharrell and realised who he was as well and said "Hey man" and Pharrell nodded at him. He's been here for a music festival, and he was subdued on the plane as everyone walked past him, but you don't wear a giant ass hat like that and not expect to be recognised.

Pretty cool, my first legit celebrity sighting!
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann on Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:55 am

Can't believe you saw The Hat in person!
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves on Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:59 am

Seriously. That's kinda more awesome than seeing Pharrell.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:14 pm

I love Pharrell, and I love that he does wear The Hat everywhere. You have to commit.
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho on Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:21 pm

What does The Hat look like it's made of? Suede?
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 on Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:47 pm

The Hat was the most exciting part, let me tell you. It's not suede. Just regular....hat fabric.

That's what I said to my husband, he's found a look and he is STICKING WITH IT. Well, at least for this awards season/Summer festival season. You have to give him credit for that. If he had also been wearing his formal shorts I might have lost my damn mind. But he was just wearing jeans, that red zip sweatshirt and a tshirt.
eventide82

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny on Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:23 pm

I'm starting to think Pharrell just doesn't own that many pieces of clothing.
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 on Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:48 pm

Well, you may be right, Miss MP. We saw the entire entourage's luggage get loaded into their cars and to be honest, there wasn't that much of it, so that may very well be the case!
eventide82

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising on Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:27 am

Not really celebrities except to the fans of a particular reality show, and not a recent sighting, but I just discovered that two Facebook friends I've had for years through the San Diego geek scene were what I'm told was a fan favorite team during one Amazing Race season as "Team Geek".
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  vwlphb on Sun May 25, 2014 6:10 pm

Joe Jonas and his wife/girlfriend are on my flight. It's funny to see even the most hipster of teens get all giggly when they walk past him.

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Post  The Glen on Sun May 25, 2014 7:34 pm

I saw Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill being photographed as I passed through Trinity College in Dublin this week. I didn't actually see all that much due to their security and fans, but still.

The Glen
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma on Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:19 pm

How do I figure out who it was I saw in an elevator at the Hilton being briefed by PR types on his way to a Hollywood Foreign Press event at Comic-Con? Slim youngish Brit in a suit, which describes half of everyone around here. Can't figure out what event it was.

Other Comic-Con hijinks: I completely randomly saw Brent Spiner today out walking the floor. Also spotted Matt Groening out at the Simpsons exhibit playing the carnival games. Saw a zillion people taking pictures of Michael Douglas and Paul Rudd at the Marvel booth, and saw a different zillion people taking pictures of Benedict Cumberbatch at some other booth. Also spotted the kid from Modern Family (Nolan Gould) out roaming the floor with his friends. Saw Kimmy Robertson in the lobby of our hotel today, and saw Rob Corddry there yesterday. Saw Tom Kenny (voice of Spongebob) outside the Hard Rock doing a little of the voice for admirers.

I got an autograph from Weird Al after my husband won a ticket to the autograph line in the drawing, so I told Al thanks for coming and he said he was sad about not getting to play on the floor. While waiting for that drawing, we got stationed out where they were loading celebs onto the TV Guide boat, so we saw most of the cast of Once Upon a Time up close, except I don't watch that show but I recognized Jennifer Morrison and Emilie de Ravin, who looked like she was having fun. Jennifer Morrison said she hadn't gotten to see much of San Diego other than hotels, which was kinda sad. Also sad: Professional autograph-seekers hovering around the boat launch with their pictures and Sharpies and cigarettes.

Pretty decent batch of sightings for us, anyway. Also, fuck damn I'm tired.

punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:02 pm

So jealous of you, punky! I've been wanting to go to CC for years now, and I finally tried to get tickets with friends a few months ago, but none of us even made it past the online waiting room. I'm so envious of my few friends who are posting on Instagram about their Game of Thrones cast member sightings and stuff!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma on Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:19 pm

I'm not sure how we manage to keep getting tickets either, though I guess the ticketing pool for previous attendees is smaller than the public pool. If we end up having to sit next year out (if we manage to have a kid in the next year) we'll lose that status, which would be a bummer.

Our last sighting after I posted was Pedro Pascal (Oberyn Martell) who was out in the downtown area heading somewhere with a couple of friends. Unfortunately we didn't make it into the Game of Thrones panel *again* this year, and that is the last time I am ever waiting in that line, wristbands or no.
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:49 pm

Oh, so that's why it's easier for people to score tickets repeatedly! I had no idea there was a separate ticket pool, but I've heard from several people that once you attend a single year, it's likely that you'll score tickets again.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top