Celebrity Sightings

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Celebrity Sightings

Post  curryalley on Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:21 pm

I am no longer employed by a hotel! No more privacy! Let's talk celebs!

Drew Carey: He was there while I was on my weekend but his stay became legend because he only tips in $100 bills
Rev Run: Complained about his deluxe suite until we moved him to a two-bedroom house, then made the bellman go to the store and buy him white candles
Lynard Skynard: All nice, all normal with very very high-maintenance and needy girlfriends/wives
Will Forte: Totally normal and friendly. I was sitting at the concierge desk the day he came in. Earlier that day a whiny rich twentysomething whined to his mother on his way out that his dining server laughed at him. When the mother asked if he wanted to do something about it, he answered "Whatever. He's a peasant - he works here." Later that day, Will Forte stood in the lobby, said hello, asked how I was, made a joke about his flight when I asked how he was doing. Basically treated me like an actual human being and I will love him forever for it.

Ryan Philleppe: Looks like a movie star. I didn't recognize him with a baseball cap and sunglasses on but knew the second I saw him that he was an actor. He just exudes that something that makes you turn your head.
Reba McEntire: A delightful little pixie, absolutely gorgeous, a delight to talk to and she sounds just like herself (you know what I mean)
David Hasselhoff: Very nice and friendly - he will say hello to you if you just walk by him - but only when sober. He and his ex-wife shared a room because we were completely book and once he was drunk, they got into such an epic argument that the woman staying next door was terrified and had to be moved. Likes to wear cobalt-blue velvet loafers, which I always found hilarious.

Nick Lachey: Short and much less hot in person
Wallace Shawn: So nice and friendly and down-to-earth! He and his wife stood at the desk and chatted with me for close to half an hour just because they didn't have anything else to do (to be fair, it was on Christmas). They asked me questions, listened to my answers and genuinely responded just like I was a real person!
Cormac McCarthy: Brings his typewriter, stays for a week, and writes. Which is pretty cool if you think about it.
Harvey Weinsten: THE DEVIL. Hated by every member of the staff as well as his chauffeur. Rude, angry, condescending, and his demands for what he wanted in his room were ridiculous (tons of AV equipment and exactly so many Diet Cokes and I don't remember what else). Spent the first couple days hitting on one of the hostesses. When she refused to go out with him, he sent his assistant to continue to ask her out for him.

That's...everything off the top of my head. I may have missed some people but I was there for five years so some things get forgotten and stuck to people I actually interacted with on some level. But it gets good traffic - Jerry Seinfeld was there the other day but he was checked in by a manager and nobody spoke to him.

curryalley

Back to top Go down

Post  katesti on Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:28 pm

That. Was awesome.

Keep sharing as you keep remembering! Gossip gossip gossip!

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella on Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:40 pm

Thanks for sharing! And I'm totally unsurprised to hear that Harvey Weinstein is awful in several ways.

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho on Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:50 pm

OOOH. THANK YOU FOR THE GOSSIP.

And I've heard that Drew Carey is a great tipper. I'm not surprised by Harvey Weinstein, pleasantly not surprised by Reba and pleasantly surprised by Wallace Shawn.

I'm kind of bummed, but not surprised about Rev Run.
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person on Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:19 am

The best was the stuff about The Hoff.

Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:46 am

My love for Will Forte is validated, hooray!!
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:57 am

Harvey Weinstein is as big an asshole as we've all heard for years. No shock there. Ugh, what makes some people think they're gods amongst men? So gross.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear on Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:58 am

Drew Carey: Doing it right.
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle on Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:18 am

Seriously. Way to be, dude.

When the mother asked if he wanted to do something about it, he answered "Whatever. He's a peasant - he works here."

I normally refrain from judging other people's parenting tactics, but if she didn't immediately hand her son's ass to him, she's doing it wrong.
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  PrincessCleo on Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:19 am

curryalley wrote:David Hasselhoff: Very nice and friendly - he will say hello to you if you just walk by him - but only when sober. He and his ex-wife shared a room because we were completely book and once he was drunk, they got into such an epic argument that the woman staying next door was terrified and had to be moved. Likes to wear cobalt-blue velvet loafers, which I always found hilarious.
I have been meaning to get some kind of house shoe/bedroom slipper footwearish deal for a while now. IDEA.
PrincessCleo
Admin

http://http;//cleolinda.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot on Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:41 pm

YOU GUYS! Just got back from drinking with Dennis Lehane.

As in, I was meeting a friend for a drink before we went to see Lehane at a local bookstore. I got to the restaurant first and decided to sit at the bar. There was a group of guys watching ESPN, a couple of empty seats, a solo guy and then around the corner of the bar a couple more seats and one final guy. I went to sit around the corner but noticed the last guy had a coat on the seat next to him so I thought maybe there was someone else with him. As I sat down between other solo guy and the ESPN guys I realized it was Dennis himself at the end of the bar. I texted my co-worker who wasn't able to come along and she urged me to buy him a drink. Which I might have done if the friend I was waiting for hadn't been such a spazz when she finally showed up and I whispered to her who and where he was. She kept staring at him and I figured we'd get tossed for stalking.

So, he's a beer guy and while waiting for his meal he read a newspaper and a Kobo e-reader. The bartender was very happy with her tip, too.

naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:47 am

I hate you. SO MUCH. Last weekend, I saw a notice at Barnes & Noble for an upcoming appearance by Dennis Leary, and I almost screamed cuz I initially thought it said Dennis Lehane. Imagine my dismay when I realized I'd misread the notice. I want to meet Mr. Lehane one day and shake his hand and ramble at him about how much I adore his work. I wouldn't, of course, ever tell him what a major disappointment Live By Night was. I'd just squee over Shutter Island and the Kenzie-Gennaro series.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:41 pm

If you get the chance to see him any time, do it. He's a great storyteller and appears to be a real down-to-earth regular guy.

He said he's decided that he's never going to sell the film rights for The Given Day, but that Leonardo DiCaprio's production company bought Live By Night and Ben Affleck's now attached to it but he didn't say whether it was as director or actor. He's happy with all the film adaptations so far but thinks one Baby Gone is far and away the best of them - and admits that he was horrified initially when Affleck was first signed to direct it.

He'll be at the Boston Public Library tonight if any of the Boston cohort is interested.

Last edited by naughty zoot on Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:05 am

Thats too bad because The Given Day is vastly superior to Live By Night. I'd much rather see that adapted into a film, but hey, maybe they can make the characters less boring in the movie. I have faith in Ben Affleck as both an actor and director, so as long as he's involved, I have high hopes that the film may be good.

And I'm so thrilled to hear that Lehane seems like a cool guy!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot on Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:38 am

I agree with you on The Given Day. He feels that it's unfilmable. I think it would make a great HBO show - which reminds me, he also said he's signed on as a creative consultant for Boardwalk Empire.
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:52 am

So...I need to start watching Boardwalk Empire. Clearly. And yes, The Given Day would be SUCH an amazing HBO series!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:35 am

Was walking in High Line Park in NYC this afternoon and who should walk around us and then ahead of us but Victor Garber.

My friend was like, "Is that...?" I said I thought so, but she was like, "It probably is just someone who looks a lot like him, right?" But given the fact that half the people who were walking in the other direction (hence seeing him a little before reaching us), were doing a double take and whispering, it was indeed him. (That was pretty funny to see.)

Last edited by Morning Angel on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:43 am

Ughhh, Victor Garber is precious and awesome. I saw a photo of Jen Garner hugging him and crying when she saw him after a Broadway show or something, and I thought it was so cute that they're that close.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:02 pm

I am still such a pathetic Alias fangirl that I might possibly die right on the spot.
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:17 pm

Me too! Spy!Daddy and Sydney 4eva!
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:39 pm

When Victor Garber showed up in Argo it made me so happy. I love that he and Jennifer Garner are so close still.
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:05 am

Victor showed up in The Town, too, right? I remember whispering in the theater, "Awww, Ben totally gave him that cameo cuz of Jen!"

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:57 pm

Today at lunch I saw Josh Charles on the street. I tweeted about it, using his twitter handle and he tweeted me back! Hee!
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:01 pm

Oh man, that is awesome! I just saw Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead for the first time since childhood, so I would've screamed, "I love you, Clown Dog Boy!" Gonna go look his Twitter up now and see what he wrote back to you!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:16 pm

I have it favorited on my twitter, I had to lol.
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top