View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Celebrity Sightings

Post  whatthedeuce on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:31 pm

Hee! Will Gardner called you a chicken!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma on Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:50 am

So I went to high school with Jessica Chastain -- was inspired recently to dig out my yearbook.
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:11 am

What was she like, if you knew her? I know some high schools are big and you don't get to know everyone in your class.
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  mayram on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:48 am

punkysdilemma wrote:So I went to high school with Jessica Chastain -- was inspired recently to dig out my yearbook.

That's really cool. She looks pretty much exactly the same. The evil part of me wonders what Joel Patterson (the guy voted Most Talented along with her) is up to these days. :p

mayram

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:17 pm

punkysdilemma wrote:So I went to high school with Jessica Chastain -- was inspired recently to dig out my yearbook.

I was just thinking about how her listed age has varied wildly between last year and this year. I think I've seen her described as everything from 28 to 35. If you don't mind mentioning it, what year did she graduate?
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle on Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:40 pm

Part of me never understood why we need to know her age so badly, what's the point? But the other part wants to know why is it such a big secret?

So what I'm saying is, what is her age anyway?
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:48 pm

Based on those haircuts in the photo, I'm guessing she's closer to the 35 end of the spectrum. That entry looks like it could have come right out of my yearbook and I graduated in '94.
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny on Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:51 pm

TiffanyNichelle wrote:Part of me never understood why we need to know her age so badly, what's the point? But the other part wants to know why is it such a big secret?

So what I'm saying is, what is her age anyway?

Hee, my feeling exactly! I didn't care, but then it kept changing and I was like, "Okay, now I need a real number."
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle on Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:51 pm

My guess is old enough that some of the folks responsible for casting wouldn't want her, even if she looks young enough and is clearly beyond talented enough. Hollywood is weird about women's ages.
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:16 pm

I think like CZJ she is hitting her famous peak closer to 40 than 30, but wants to be seen as closer to 30, though I think she betrayed her real age when she mentioned how long she's been working to get where she is now. I think it's really smart to keep it obscure, and she has amazing skin so she can definitely pass for much younger than she probably actually is.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma on Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:30 pm

I haven't posted this on the Internet before because I noticed she (or her publicist) might have been fudging her age for Wikipedia/IMDB, but what's listed there now seems correct (1977) so I feel it's OK to say we're class of '95. :)

We had a few classes together but weren't close friends. She's always been very dedicated to acting and has always been beautiful (though she is more gorgeous now, the 90s being what they were). Oh, we used to do this annual trip to Ashland, OR (Shakespeare town about five hours from Sacramento) which was always attended exclusively by the drama club (her crowd) and the English class overachievers (my crowd), and I remember her attending those trips but that's about it.

Joel is actually a closer friend of mine than Jessica was. He was big in drama in high school and I believe tried to break into the biz for awhile, but eventually moved back to Sac. He works for the state now and is tickled that he was in this picture. :)
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:31 pm

I was just in the same Starbucks as Zachary Quinto. He walked in right before me so I was behind him in line. This is the second time I've seen ZQ in the wild. The other time was when a friend and I were standing in a train station chatting (ok gushing) about Deathly Hallows Pt 1 and how well Ron was portrayed.
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  KatOla520 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:00 pm

I had just finished a taekwondo belt test earlier today and went to a Chinese buffet restaurant to eat lunch with my uncle and his family. About halfway into the meal, I see Joe Jackson (a.k.a. Michael Jackson's dad) walk in with two bodyguards and a caregiver (with a mentally handicapped boy in a wheelchair).

My uncle was somewhat surprised. Even more so was the fact that they ended up sitting in a booth only inches across from our table.

No one said a word, really. I was too nervous to go up to him, let alone take a picture of them as I didn't want to step on anyone's toes.

KatOla520

Back to top Go down

Post  mialoubug on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:04 pm

STARING right now at Sean Penn. Completely average looking, a bit on the wee side and really, really needs to get rid of the dreadlocked look. Also looks like he needs a really good hot shower.
mialoubug

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:47 pm

Ha! My boss walked back from the other building this afternoon and said, "Sean Penn was just standing in front of (fancy hotel). It was weird."
Somehow, we both totally missed that he was speaking here tonight.
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  mialoubug on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:15 pm

He was here too. Panel discussion for Haiti stuff. I'm working the event. He went outside to smoke several times and absolutely no one looked at him twice.
mialoubug

Back to top Go down

Post  Muggsy on Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:51 pm

I say Kiefer Sutherland at a random Toronto pub tonight. My friend had the balls to go up to him and get a picture. I was a loser that kept walking past him until I heard the Voice. Then I was happy.

Muggsy

Back to top Go down

Post  darthtall on Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:07 am

I have not sighted him YET, but Dante Basco is here in Eugene, OR, for the local Asian American film festival, and I am plotting to go to see his new movie with Q&A afterwards. He also suggested a fan meetup on his tumblr, so naturally my inner 10 year old (Rufio!) and present day self (Zuko!) are both quietly flipping their shit.

darthtall

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:35 am

Would he take offense if you called him a lewd crude rude piece of pre-chewed food dude with major Oedipal-related rage issues?

I still can't believe Rufio and Zuko are the same guy. I have the same problem with Ann Veal, Tinkerbell, and Katara.
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara on Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:12 pm

In her ongoing quest to be considered old money, Taylor Swift has bought a mansion in the Hamptons-esque part of my town (which, needless to say, is not where I live). I'll be sure and let you know when I run into her at Wal-Mart and the laundromat.

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  darthtall on Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:57 am

RU-FI-O! RU-FI-O!

He was so, so friendly and sweet to everybody. Very cool dude.

darthtall

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:59 am

Oh, that's why his name sounded familiar! I remember back in grade school, my fam would get kinda excited to see him and his brother in small TV roles just cuz it was cool seeing Filipino actors onscreen.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 on Mon May 13, 2013 7:50 pm

Not my sighting, but my mother and aunt are in London and were having high tea at the Dorchester Hotel when they saw GOOP herself walk through the front doors with Chris Martin and their kids. My aunt reported that she is extremely pretty in real life and their kids are quite cute.
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Mon May 13, 2013 9:21 pm

I've always thought she has a very bland look. Not unattractive, but very vanilla. I think she'd stand out more if she did something dramatic with her hair, like taking it many inches shorter. I actually liked the style she rocked when she and Brad Pitt were dating/being twins.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara on Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:24 pm

Well, when she's not on tour, Taylor Swift honest to God is actually living here. My mom missed her by about twenty minutes in our local furniture store and she is everydamnwhere around town. Also they've already arrested and fined one stalker and her beach neighbors are complaining about her private security. First world problems, let me show you them.

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top