Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Are You Watching

+112
Corvus
vwlphb
darthtall
Grainne Mhaol
pinguerin
MichiSichi
jstilwe
bookworm
Coneycat
BrightEyes
Heather
Evil Lincoln
Tabby
sunni94
chick binewski
jensa
ulkis
laurelin_kit
salamandersam
Jude
Case
mandalaya
Gilraen
Pumpkin Cake
big chicken
violetq
Dachelle
Shadowlass
Algae
jennlynnster
Matinee
Never Enough
bosoxgirl
VodouDoll
ActonBell
Kiran
punkysdilemma
Agent Sculder
Arabella
MaddyCat
The Glen
Morning Angel
naughty zoot
Fiammetta
dionneshea
slowmotion
xyzzy
mayram
Wildog27
Jamie
Menshevixen
bbridges
laddical
puddingcup
Putli Bai
CherryFlame
Miss Moneypenny
Escape
Jessica
blixie
The Dude
Cynara
nikita
Gillian
Red Wolf
gannetguts
chibimanda
GoodbyeWithWords
Wilhelmina
punzy
Bad Username
dreago
tothemax
QueenSix
RiverThames
jcpdiesel21
Luthien
marooned
biakbiak
mrinsouciance
sen3
sagitare
Raised by wolves
Swarley
whatthedeuce
Gallifrey Girl
Poubelle
epudom
maxell131313
truecrystal
Francie Nolan
Raksha
Carrie Ann
Instant Monkeys
Genevieve
rivki8699
Eris Rising
mokey75
Lindsay Weir
mialoubug
caltrask55
queenofdenile
emrie
eventide82
snorf
katesti
Binky
Unlucky Bear
choubetcha
TiffanyNichelle
inversed
jaraga
116 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

What Are You Watching Empty What Are You Watching

Post  jaraga Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:26 am

This is intended as the tv equivalent of the Now Playing At The Movies thread and Movies At Home thread.

So I've completed watching the first 4 seasons of Chuck. I liked the first season but season 2 Chuck got really whiny which turned me off and I always found Morgan annoying. But I had all 4 seasons and felt I had to watch it so I left it on while doing other stuff. Zachary Levi is cute and all but the show kept telling me he was special but I wasn't seeing it on screen. I'll probably end up watching season 5 just to be a completist.

jaraga

Back to top Go down

What Are You Watching Empty Re: What Are You Watching

Post  inversed Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:53 am

I'm kind of in love with Masterpiece Mystery. The new series "Case Histories" starring Jason Isaacs is great. I never really got why so many women were rabid over Jason Isaacs until now. Last night I watched The Fabric of the Cosmos, which was fascinating, even though I fell asleep at the end because I am old. Pretty much all I watch is PBS and The Big Bang Theory, because we have neither cable nor Netflix.

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:58 am

I just caught up on this season of Bedlam. I love the whole Melrose Place in a haunted house feel. Plus Theo James is dead sexy. Why have I never seen him before??
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  choubetcha Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:03 pm

I just caught up on last season of Gossip Girl, which is my #1 show for when I just want to loll around and watch TV without thinking. Also, due to the incessant nagging of a friend of mine and a general feeling of being left out by the internet, I finally broke down and watched all of Breaking Bad. The first two seasons were really slow-going but the last two picked up a lot, though I'm not sure if the primary emotion I should be feeling when watching is lust for Aaron Paul.

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:39 pm

My husband and I are finally caught up with past seasons of Castle and Leverage. I love both shows SO MUCH, but I'm getting tired of Nate's drinking being such a focus on Leverage.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:32 pm

I just did a run through of Newsradio. It was fun and silly. I remembered it becoming terrible after Phil Hartman died, but it was actually mostly the same if a little uneven in the first half of its final season. It was fun to see young Dave Foley and Maura Tierney was sooo pretty before her sourpuss Abby days on ER. Also, young, less gross, and functional if not sober Andy Dick was actually really talented.

The commentaries were kind of disappointing, mostly the writers and Stephen Root shooting the shit.

I also noticed that in the 90's when this sitcom aired, women were allowed to be bigger. I mean, none of the women were normal-sized or fat by any means, but they were more 'skinny/slender' than 'skeletal lollypop heads with big boobs'.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  katesti Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:00 pm

I'm watching the first season of Felicity and am noticing the same thing, Binky. Amy Jo Johnson, in particular, has a serious (and fabulous) ass on her that you just wouldn't see on TV right now. Not without super-tight pants and lots of loving closeups, anyway.

It's funny - I only watched Felicity here and there during the first season, and then not at all in subsequent seasons, but there's a lot of plot points I know about just through pop culture osmosis. It's been entertaining to see, for example, Ben talking to Benvolio about sports betting and know that Ben's Gambling Problem is coming. Or Brian Krakow showing up and knowing he's going to end up being date rapey. Etc.

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  snorf Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:32 pm

My Husband and I just discovered Deadwood (yes, yes, let's ignore the fact that we're late to the party and celebrate that we showed up at all). We're halfway through season 1 and enjoying it. I like trying to figure out who was "real" and who is a character invented by HBO.

snorf

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:00 pm

My husband discovered Psych a few weeks ago, so we've been watching season one and two. It's cute enough, and I love the quick dialogue between Shaun and Gus, but I think I prefer Monk, which it reminds me of so much.
eventide82
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  emrie Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:30 pm

Talk about being late to the party...I'm plowing my way through all the seasons of Roseanne (now available on Netflix!). I never watched it when it was on, because I was little, and the few times I watched I thought the mom was "too mean." Now I get the concept of sarcasm and I am loving the sweet humor of the show. It's amazing how well it holds up!

emrie

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:51 pm

I'm still watching 2 Broke Girls after every episode of How I Met Your Mother despite the predictable jokes and supporting cast of racial stereotypes, more for the potential of what I want the show to be than for what it actually is. It's a show about two women who have a real friendship, who are both fairly intelligent, and who don't have romance as the center of their lives. I really WANT this show to be good and if I just keep watching it will be REALLY good. Right?
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  caltrask55 Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:04 pm

Roseanne is awesome. Dan Connor will ALWAYS be my tv boyfriend.

caltrask55

Back to top Go down

Post  mialoubug Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:27 pm

inversed wrote:I'm kind of in love with Masterpiece Mystery. The new series "Case Histories" starring Jason Isaacs is great. I never really got why so many women were rabid over Jason Isaacs until now. Last night I watched The Fabric of the Cosmos, which was fascinating, even though I fell asleep at the end because I am old. Pretty much all I watch is PBS and The Big Bang Theory, because we have neither cable nor Netflix.

I thought Case Histories was excellently done. I read the book, and it's great, but Jason Isaacs really made Jackson work. Apparently there are three more either in the works or just finishing up across the pond.
mialoubug
mialoubug

Back to top Go down

Post  katesti Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:19 am

mialoubug wrote:
inversed wrote:I'm kind of in love with Masterpiece Mystery. The new series "Case Histories" starring Jason Isaacs is great. I never really got why so many women were rabid over Jason Isaacs until now. Last night I watched The Fabric of the Cosmos, which was fascinating, even though I fell asleep at the end because I am old. Pretty much all I watch is PBS and The Big Bang Theory, because we have neither cable nor Netflix.

I thought Case Histories was excellently done. I read the book, and it's great, but Jason Isaacs really made Jackson work. Apparently there are three more either in the works or just finishing up across the pond.

OOH. I didn't know this existed! I love that book!

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  Lindsay Weir Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:54 am

Binky wrote:...
I also noticed that in the 90's when this sitcom aired, women were allowed to be bigger. I mean, none of the women were normal-sized or fat by any means, but they were more 'skinny/slender' than 'skeletal lollypop heads with big boobs'.

The women were a little bigger, but the clothes were way bigger. You never see anyone in a baggy sweater with loose trousers now. Check out this outfit from Mad About You. It looks so comfortable!

Lindsay Weir

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:33 am

So true, Lindsay Weir. I thought about that while watching My So Called Life this weekend. The 90s were so comfy, and Rayanne, while skinny, isn't emaciated.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  caltrask55 Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:27 am

I can't stop watching Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. I am not proud. But I am very entertained!

caltrask55

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:35 am

At the moment? Despite my public disavowal of the show earlier this season, I'm watching Glee. Because there's nothing else on network television, dammit, and I don't have cable.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  rivki8699 Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:55 pm

I just watched all of Warehouse 13, and I am so in love with that show. I love how geeky it is. I love the guest spots by various Sci Fi royalty (seriously - having Jewel Staite and Sean Mayer together in an episode was golden). I love the actors. I love that it kicks the Bechdel test's ass all the time. Love, love, love.
rivki8699
rivki8699

Back to top Go down

Post  caltrask55 Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:39 pm

Is anybody watching Project Accessory? A part of me likes it and a part of me wonders why I am wasting my time watching it.

caltrask55

Back to top Go down

Post  Genevieve Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:21 pm

I watched the first episode of "Once Upon a Time" last night. It was kind of interesting if a bit silly. Snow White's hair was distracting. I kept thinking, "Lady, use a comb." Of course who am I to talk -I rarely brush my hair but mine doesn't look like a nest.
Genevieve
Genevieve

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:05 pm

caltrask55 wrote:Is anybody watching Project Accessory? A part of me likes it and a part of me wonders why I am wasting my time watching it.
I watched the first episode. It freaked me out how exact a copy it was of Project Runway, down to the lines that Molly Sims said (I was reciting them along in my Heidi accent). I never got around to watching any others, not because it was terrible or anything, but it didn't hold my interest enough for me to remember.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:38 pm

I watched like 7 episodes of Psych yesterday while doing a ton of laundry and other stuff around the house. I must be pretty close to through with Season 2 now, and I just love it. It's so happy and fun. The one issue I have is that I do wish they would balance the scales a little more often to make Shawn do nice things for Gus, or to have Gus "win" occasionally in that relationship. It's starting to make me like Shawn a little less. Also, why are all the women on the show into Shawn, and no one is particularly into Gus? If the writers wanted to just have a goofy sidekick character, they should not have hired someone as hot as Dule Hill.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  caltrask55 Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:48 pm

Not only is he hot but he is one of the few men I find hot/sexy but also adorable and cuddly. I looooove Gus. His facial expressions alone make the show great. It's such a fun show.

caltrask55

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:46 pm

I started Downton Abbey. And I am seriously contemplating upgrading my Netflix to two at home, so I can finish the damn series without waiting three days in between. I hate that there are only 2 episodes on the first disc -I wanted more!
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next