What Are You Watching

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What Are You Watching

Post  Luthien on Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:10 pm

Food Network Canada starts airing season 2 on March 12.

Luthien

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:48 pm

Celebrity Apprentice. I have no idea why. But I will say I find myself really liking Penn Gillette and Patricia Velasquez more with every episode.
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:22 am

I regularly watch The Celebrity Apprentice and am a little embarrassed to admit how much fun I have watching it. Trump is consistently ridiculous and everything is so over-the-top that it's incredibly entertaining. There are some decent celebrities this season, mostly on the men's team. I also really like Penn Jillette and Patricia Velasquez in addition to Dee Snider, and was sad to see George Takei leave. Aubrey O'Day is extremely delusional and I look forward to when she eventually gets fired.
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:43 am

Thank you for the brilliant news, Luthien!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:04 am

So apparently there's a giant wait for one of the West Wing discs and netflix starting sending me a series I added mostly as a joke at the end of WW. I remembered liking it as a kid, but knowing it would suck as an adult. That would be Renegade, the 90's melodrama starring Lorenzo Lamas as a fugitive because he was a cop framed by dirty cops, so he becomes a bounty hunter. Yeah. You guys, it straddles the line between terrible and hilarious. No one knows how to act. 90's fashions! Lamas constantly takes his shirt off! And also wears handcuffs a lot. Kung fu! Especially kicking. Kicking solves everything. The editing is equally ridiculous, with random cuts that imply a lot of acting fail, and at least one obviously male stunt double for a 16-year-old girl. Every woman on the show falls in love with Lamas, but then he has to leave them. Because he is a fugitive and a bounty hunter.

Maybe this should go under guilty pleasures, but I also just found out that this is the only season (out of 5) that Netflix has. Woe. 5 seasons of a shirtless kicking handcuffed bounty hunter and I can only watch one.
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  mialoubug on Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:51 pm

Wow, that ran five seasons??? Was the country in love with Lorenzo Lamas?
mialoubug

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:35 pm

If memory serves, it was a First Run Syndication... and a lot of stuff could slide under the bar for a long time when it was FRS.
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix on Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:21 pm

Renegade. Ah, there's a blast from the past. Before Sky broadcasting got its act together, the 1990's saw its schedule full of first run syndication shows like this. I was never an avid viewer but still, I'd tune in from time to time. One of my favourite Simpson's moments is from the "Behind the Laughter" episode where they say that Bart stood in for Lorenzo Lamas on a few episodes. That always makes me laugh.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky on Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:13 pm

mialoubug wrote:Wow, that ran five seasons??? Was the country in love with Lorenzo Lamas?

Not gonna lie, he was a terrible actor, but he was very pretty. And like I said, shirtless a lot. And also kicking. UPN (the channel it was syndicated on in my area) didn't ask for much more than that.
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  tothemax on Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:05 pm

I never watched Renegade, but I clearly remember the commercials because they were on all the time. Well, all I remember is a shirtless Lorenzo Lamas on a motorcycle, which oddly wasn't enough to get me to watch the show.

tothemax

Back to top Go down

Post  dreago on Fri May 18, 2012 2:32 am

I just discovered "Don't trust the B in Apt 23". It's so good! I thought the concept would get old fast, but this odd couple is really working for me. And James Van Der Beek (sp?) is a revelation. He's definitely having his Neil Patrick Harris moment. 6 episodes of B and I've totally forgotten his Dawson Cry Face. I actually find him attractive. I KNOW!

dreago

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 on Sat May 19, 2012 6:15 pm

I'm really enjoying Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23, silly title aside. It's very weird at times yet really funny, the two female leads play off of each other so well, and James Van Der Beek is clearly having a ball. For me, him being so willing to poke fun at himself increases his attractiveness. The only thing that is not working so well right now are the secondary characters, namely the creepy neighbor and the stalker down the hall. They're too one-dimensional so far and don't add anything interesting to the mix. Hopefully this will be tweaked for season 2.
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Username on Fri May 25, 2012 6:47 am

American Horror Story. I had some pretty horrible nightmares the first couple of times I watched it, but now I'm hooked. I like that the show makes me feel like I never really have a grip on what's happening.

Bad Username

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy on Sat May 26, 2012 2:57 am

I basically mainlined White Collar for the past couple of weeks. Matt Bomer is super pretty.

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha on Sat May 26, 2012 5:07 am

I know right!! I originally started watching it on a whim, mostly becaue of Bomer's ridiculous face, but it's a really fun show. I wonder how next season is going to work!
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy on Sat May 26, 2012 11:41 am

I imagine Neal and Mozey helping solve crimes while on the run and Peter trying to "catch" them. Whatever happens I'm sure it will be fun! I think my favorite part of the show is that every 3 or 4 episodes they make sure to have a shirtless Neal scene. It's clear they know their audience.

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Sun May 27, 2012 2:21 am

I hadn't realized that America's Best Dance Crew's new season began weeks ago! I just saw the Rihanna ep and am so severely disappointed that Fanny Pak got booted. Again. They're one of the best crews that ever graced the show's stage and were always so creative and artistic and thoughtful!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilhelmina on Sun May 27, 2012 7:39 pm

dreago wrote:I just discovered "Don't trust the B in Apt 23". It's so good! I thought the concept would get old fast, but this odd couple is really working for me. And James Van Der Beek (sp?) is a revelation. He's definitely having his Neil Patrick Harris moment. 6 episodes of B and I've totally forgotten his Dawson Cry Face. I actually find him attractive. I KNOW!

I can only third this! I reluctantly gave the pilot a shot as I had run out of other things to watch and I was rather wary of the title - and Krysten Ritter, to be honest. But together with Dreama Walker (whose character on The Good Wife I positively hated) it somehow all works out. What closed the deal though was The Beek (TM) playing an awesome version of himself which gives NPH a serious run for his money.
Wilhelmina

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 on Sun May 27, 2012 8:42 pm

punzy wrote:I basically mainlined White Collar for the past couple of weeks. Matt Bomer is super pretty.
I really enjoy this show and am anxious to see what happens when it returns in July. In season 2 it really started to take off in quality as the cast started clicking a bit more. I tuned in originally for Matt Bomer, but now I may prefer Tim DeKay. He's a handsome, charming guy.
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  GoodbyeWithWords on Tue May 29, 2012 7:55 pm

White Collar is so much fun and Matt Bomer is gorgeous! I hope it can maintain its breeziness going into Season 4.

Today I watched the HGTV marathon of Income Property. That show makes basement apartments look so appealing.

GoodbyeWithWords

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl on Tue May 29, 2012 9:49 pm

Wow, I was given the season one DVDs of White Collar for Christmas, but haven't yet got around to watching it, as I'd never even heard of the show before being given it. Guess I should get started on it!

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising on Tue May 29, 2012 10:13 pm

Streamed Breaking Bad, and acquired the last season, so I'm fully up to date on that. Total marathon for that masterpiece. Also checking out The IT Crowd. Finished Spaced. Currently checking out The Riches, but we're a few episodes from the sadly premature ending of that series. Actually, I need advice on what to watch next.
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy on Tue May 29, 2012 10:16 pm

Join the crowd and watch White Collar*? It is a fun show! Not highly intellectual, but caper-y and entertaining.

*join ussss, join usssss

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising on Tue May 29, 2012 11:51 pm

punzy wrote:Join the crowd and watch White Collar*? It is a fun show! Not highly intellectual, but caper-y and entertaining.

*join ussss, join usssss

I've seen a couple of episodes. Fun, but I'm not sure what Chana would think. I'll try that next and see. Thanks!
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  chibimanda on Tue May 29, 2012 11:54 pm

Oh God, The IT Crowd is amazing. My brother bought all the seasons for me on DVD for my birthday, and we ended up watching it every.night for like, 2 months.
chibimanda

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top