Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Are You Watching

+112
Corvus
vwlphb
darthtall
Grainne Mhaol
pinguerin
MichiSichi
jstilwe
bookworm
Coneycat
BrightEyes
Heather
Evil Lincoln
Tabby
sunni94
chick binewski
jensa
ulkis
laurelin_kit
salamandersam
Jude
Case
mandalaya
Gilraen
Pumpkin Cake
big chicken
violetq
Dachelle
Shadowlass
Algae
jennlynnster
Matinee
Never Enough
bosoxgirl
VodouDoll
ActonBell
Kiran
punkysdilemma
Agent Sculder
Arabella
MaddyCat
The Glen
Morning Angel
naughty zoot
Fiammetta
dionneshea
slowmotion
xyzzy
mayram
Wildog27
Jamie
Menshevixen
bbridges
laddical
puddingcup
Putli Bai
CherryFlame
Miss Moneypenny
Escape
Jessica
blixie
The Dude
Cynara
nikita
Gillian
Red Wolf
gannetguts
chibimanda
GoodbyeWithWords
Wilhelmina
punzy
Bad Username
dreago
tothemax
QueenSix
RiverThames
jcpdiesel21
Luthien
marooned
biakbiak
mrinsouciance
sen3
sagitare
Raised by wolves
Swarley
whatthedeuce
Gallifrey Girl
Poubelle
epudom
maxell131313
truecrystal
Francie Nolan
Raksha
Carrie Ann
Instant Monkeys
Genevieve
rivki8699
Eris Rising
mokey75
Lindsay Weir
mialoubug
caltrask55
queenofdenile
emrie
eventide82
snorf
katesti
Binky
Unlucky Bear
choubetcha
TiffanyNichelle
inversed
jaraga
116 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

What Are You Watching - Page 36 Empty Re: What Are You Watching

Post  Corvus Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:30 pm

Boy howdy. A case of the Irresistible Force (Barrowman) vs the Immovable Swelled Head (that would be Davies swelled head). Yikes.
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarryfan Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:20 pm

I loved Vicious on PBS. I won't apologize for adoring catty couple Ian McKellen and Derek Jacobi snarking with man-hungry Frances de la Tour.

Snarryfan

Back to top Go down

Post  salamandersam Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:20 pm

I've been watching Lilyhammer basically non-stop for a few days. For some reason I love this show, especially Torvaig. Knowing nothing of Norway, I like the social criticiques of both Steven Van Zandt's American bullying to get his own way and the showing of how bureaucratic Noway can be, apparently.

salamandersam

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:31 pm

Tabby wrote:I watched Sharknado 2: The Next One last night, and I am not ashamed. I'm now missing a few brain cells, though.
That's too bad because we do shame very well 'round these parts.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:41 am

I really liked season 1 of Masters of Sex, but with the few episodes of S2 that have aired so far, I think it has become one of the best shows on TV. I'm really impressed how they've weaved together discussions of race, gender roles, and sexuality. Really great show.
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:44 am

I'm really interested in the Libby storyline. Her poor nanny.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:54 am

Kiran wrote:I'm really interested in the Libby storyline. Her poor nanny.

It's really hard to watch Libby take out all her unhappiness on Coral. Honestly, I didn't expect they would take Libby there, but it certainly makes for a more interesting dramatic arc than her being a perfect housewife.

I love Virginia and Lillian's relationship as well. I'm glad they gave Virginia more to do than just interacting with Bill
Spoiler:

I do miss the Scullys; that was a very compelling storyline last year, but Betty's storyline is also interesting. Also, if I didn't know Sarah Silverman was joining the show, I'm not sure I would have recognized her in tonight's episode.

Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:31 am

Morning Angel wrote:

It's really hard to watch Libby take out all her unhappiness on Coral.  Honestly, I didn't expect they would take Libby there, but it certainly makes for a more interesting dramatic arc than her being a perfect housewife.

I haven't watched last night's episode yet, but I really hate the Coral storyline because it's just SO difficult to watch. I keep hoping she'll quit or get fired finally so that it stops. Honestly, it sort of feels like they made Libby an asshole in part so you'd feel less badly about Bill cheating on her or something, because it was SUCH a 180 from first season Libby, but I am trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. I just hope they find someone else for her to be horrible to soon, heh.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  salamandersam Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:52 pm

Morning Angel wrote:

It's really hard to watch Libby take out all her unhappiness on Coral.  Honestly, I didn't expect they would take Libby there, but it certainly makes for a more interesting dramatic arc than her being a perfect housewife.

I love Virginia and Lillian's relationship as well.  I'm glad they gave Virginia more to do than just interacting with Bill
Spoiler:

I do miss the Scullys; that was a very compelling storyline last year, but Betty's storyline is also interesting.  Also, if I didn't know Sarah Silverman was joining the show, I'm not sure I would have recognized her in tonight's episode.

I need to catch up on this season.  I learned last week that Sarah Silverman and Michael Sheen are dating, though I'm sure that has nothing to do with her appearance on the show.  Also, we need sarcasm font because I would have put the last part of that sentence in sarcasm font.

salamandersam

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:57 pm

She was surprisingly good I have to say.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:05 am

Kiran wrote:She was surprisingly good I have to say.

Agreed. She looked absolutely the period, and as I mentioned above, had I not known she was on the show, I'm not sure I would have recognized her. Her storyline is with Betty and they definitely worked well together.
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:18 pm

Mork & Mindy I'll cop to stop being a fan of Robin Williams' work a while ago, it's pretty uncomfortable to see him in a manic state knowing he was a coke addict at the time and his subsequent struggles with depression and this is pretty much a 70's-80's quality sitcom.

However, you can see how it was formatted to just let Robin do his thing, which was pretty revolutionary at the time and his outrageousness broke through. Case in point: the episode when he became a Bronco cheerleader shot at Mile High Stadium.

As someone with civic pride in Boulder it was nice to see what turned into a weekly advertisement of the city and glamour shots of the town. If there's one place and alien wouldn't stick out it's Boulder.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:46 pm

You guys. Parks and Recreation. How did I not realise how awesome this show was years ago?? I tried watching season 1 about 18 months ago but couldn't get into it, and it was only because my dad also recently discovered the show and went out and bought all the DVDs to watch them at once that I decided to give it another shot. I'm halfway through season 2 and loving it.
eventide82
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:19 pm

It had a wobbly start and blossomed starting Season 2.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:42 pm

I feel like everyone says it had a shaky first season, but I absolutely loved the show from the pilot. I stopped watching in S3 just because I got lazy, but it was laugh out loud funny week after week, and it has an amazing ensemble of actors!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:04 am

I did too. This week I was house sitting at friends who don't have cable and so did a marathon rewatch from the pilot through Fancy Party (one of my favorite episodes of any tv show). I love this show so much. I am sad that there are only 15 eps left but between Pratt's movie career and Aziz's standup I feel it would only be a matter of time before they would be written out and I couldn't handle that. Losing Rashida was sad enough, seriously Leslie and Ann might be my favorite female friendship on television.

I have every available Mouse Rat song in my iTunes!
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  mandalaya Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:12 am

I love Parks and Rec! I didn't get into it the first round either, Eventide82, but now it is my go-to comfort viewing. I watched all the seasons available on Netflix about two years ago and have been keeping current ever since. I also had it on constantly while packing for a move earlier this year - it helped me laugh in the midst of chaos.
mandalaya
mandalaya

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:22 pm

I've been watching the BBC police comedy-drama Death In Paradise on PBS, and just got the first season on DVD from the library to catch a couple of episodes I missed on television. It's a fun, fluffy murder mystery series set on a Caribbean island, initially starring Ben Miller as a stiff-necked London detective inspector who's sent to head up the police on the (fictitious) island of Ste. Marie. (A nice place to visit, except for all the murders.) The plots aren't too hard to figure out-- it's often harder to guess how than who-- the characters are likable and the settings are lovely.

Season 3 has just aired on PBS, with some changes in casting that mean I'll probably try to avoid parts of one episode, but the updated cast is still a lot of fun. This might be one of those series I'd like to have on DVD, to rewatch in the dead of winter when I have a cold.

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:26 am

FX Simpsons Marathon I'm expecting bedsores out of this.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:22 am

Coneycat wrote:I've been watching the BBC police comedy-drama Death In Paradise on PBS, and just got the first season on DVD from the library to catch a couple of episodes I missed on television. It's a fun, fluffy murder mystery series set on a Caribbean island, initially starring Ben Miller as a stiff-necked London detective inspector who's sent to head up the police on the (fictitious) island of Ste. Marie. (A nice place to visit, except for all the murders.) The plots aren't too hard to figure out-- it's often harder to guess how than who-- the characters are likable and the settings are lovely.

Season 3 has just aired on PBS, with some changes in casting that mean I'll probably try to avoid parts of one episode, but the updated cast is still a lot of fun. This might be one of those series I'd like to have on DVD, to rewatch in the dead of winter when I have a cold.

My dad and step-mother rave about that show. I've been meaning to watch it for a while.
eventide82
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:07 am

I hope you enjoy it, eventide--it's definitely not Serious Dramaz and the plots aren't fiendish, but the character interactions are so much fun.

Last edited by Coneycat on Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Nerg Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:21 pm

Anyone else watching The Leftovers? I was sort of watching out of habit but find myself suddenly obsessed with it. I cannot stop thinking about last night's episode. Stunning.

I will also admit that most of the stuff people hate about it (The Garveys, the teenagers, the lack of answers, the symbolic mumbo-jumbo, the credits sequence, etc.) is all stuff I love about it, so maybe I'm weird.

Nerg

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:36 pm

No, I love it too! I think we're the only two. I registered at previously.tv and in terms of forums it's just TWoP lite, especially on the hate. Last week they were complaining about
Spoiler:
It's a show you really have to pay attention to, and it spoon-feeds you nothing. Which I really appreciate and like. And I have never given half a thought to Amy Brenneman before, but I think she's fantastic as Laurie. I have never seen Carrie Coon in anything else; I love how she is not strikingly beautiful but her performance kind of sneaks up on you with quiet awesomeness. Ann Dowd is just amazing.

(And then on the forums this last episode it was all
Spoiler:

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  Nerg Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:04 pm

Yay, someone who wants to talk about it! I forgot about previously.tv, but tried to read AVClub comments and instead of talking about the show it's always like 90% vitriol directed at the reviewer, which is highly unusual for that site and incredibly disheartening.  I guess this show inspires lots of misguided rage.
Cynara wrote:
Spoiler:
People couldn't put that together? It was so obvious that I thought
Spoiler:
I totally agree with you about Carrie Coon. I remember watching the trailer for Gone Girl and being like "Who the hell is that playing Go?" and now I suddenly want her to play every role ever.
Cynara wrote:
Spoiler:
Ugh, people, use your brains.
Spoiler:
Which, by the way, I thought the actress totally nailed (she's Andie McDowell's daughter, I just found out!)

Last edited by Nerg on Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nerg

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:20 pm

She is? Well no wonder she's so damn gorgeous. and also already a better actor than her mother lbh

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next