Celebrity Fashion

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Celebrity Fashion

Post  Binky on Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:04 pm

Susan Sarandon's daughter Eva's wedding dress. I like it, and I think the mom/daughter lace is sweet.
Binky

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity Fashion

Post  Poubelle on Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:00 pm

Oooh, what a lovely dress. And the shared lace necklines are very elegant and a wonderful, touching idea. I hope it spreads so I can find dresses that share some element like that in my family's budget should I ever get married.
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky on Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:59 pm

Nice tassle pubes, Blake Lively.
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose on Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:53 pm

That is a terrible, terrible dress.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:23 pm

She looks like a late 90s ice dancer.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken on Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:15 pm

If it weren't for the fact Leighton Meester and Minka Kelly were in that movie together, I would wonder whether they were the same person.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:00 pm

That is literally one of the worst dresses I've seen in my life, and I lived through the eighties. I can't believe people like Anna Wintour hold Blake Lively up as some kind of fashion icon.
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 on Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:04 pm

I totally just saw Brynne Edelsten on my lunch break while walking down the street. The only reason I paid close attention to her is because I saw a very blonde woman with very, very orange skin wearing the most skin tight, shiny pleather stirrup leggings and the highest nude wedges I've ever seen. When she started talking I realised who it was - there's no mistaking that nasal, American accent.

She actually looks much less curvy in real life.
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee on Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:09 pm

I don't watch that show, and I don't know who those guys are but the men in the Blake Lively link have the douchyiest eyebrows ever. I think if it were just one of them I wouldn't mind so much, or if they weren't posed that way, but that pic made me feel like it was a douche attack.

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare on Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:39 pm

It doesn't help that they're all trying to do some variation on the Blue Steel.
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  Algae on Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:45 pm

I'm not sure she's a celebrity, but Wife of Rovio chief dons Angry Birds gown at Finnish Palace. I think it's kind of awesome.
Algae

Back to top Go down

Post  Tabby on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:23 pm

I think I love that Angry Birds dress.
Tabby

Back to top Go down

Post  FantasmaLexsi on Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:42 pm

On a night where I've been a tad disappointed so far, Viola Davis looks amazing.

Angelina is bony but still looks fierce.

FantasmaLexsi

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare on Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:11 am

Surprisingly, I've yet to see anything really egregious (even Sharon Osborne had a lovely dress on). It seems like colour is making a comeback on the red carpet, thank god (the whole flesh-toned trend needed to just die already). It was nice to see yellow turning up with a few of the dresses, and a real bright yellow at that (the whole flesh-toned colour trend needs to die a quick death, if you ask me). I've seen a lot I quite liked although no one stand out as of yet. SWINTON is up there, though - that periwinkle colour is gorgeous against her pale skin and blonde hair. Her face is flawless, too.
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak on Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:35 am

Surprisingly, I've yet to see anything really egregious

Did you not see my adored Smidge? I swear when she and Piper Perabo presented the award to Peter Dinklage he might be lost forever in their skirts, but at least Piper's didn't appeared to be tie-dyed!
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare on Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:00 am

Aaaaah, okay, first egregious dress picture of the evening goes to Sarah Michelle Gellar! It's too bad because those blues would have been so flattering on her, had they not been spray painted on the dress. Alas.
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:03 am

I thought Piper Perabo looked like she was wearing a little girl's gown in a grown woman's size. I could seriously imagine a younger Dakota Fanning in that dress.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Scarlettfish on Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:11 am

I actually really liked SMG's dress. It's bold and striking and works beautifully with her skin and hair. Plus, I love a sleek ponytail on the red carpet. I knew that Monique Lhuillier dress would show up on the red carpet eventually.

Loved Angelina's regal white number number, too. Swinton is MAGESTIC. I also though Emma Stone looked cute. And I have such a girl-crush on the Deschanel sisters, even though I wasn't a huge fan of Emily's dress (shoes were all wrong) and Zooey's dress was a bit sack-like around the middle (but was otherwise very cute). I was disappointed in Sofia Vergara's dress - I didn't think she brought it the way she usually does. Mila Kunis also looked very dull.

The pale pink/blush/nude trend needs to die already. COLOUR, people.

Charlize Theron is amazingly, smokingly hot (despite being in a blush toned dress). As is Salma Hayek. Reese looked hotter than she has for years. I think she might be trying to sex up her image.

Lea Michele really needs to stop trying so hard. And step away from Marchesa for a while.

Oh, and I liked Emily Blunt's yellow dress (but was she hammered or what?)

Scarlettfish

Back to top Go down

Post  preciosa on Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:27 am

Lea Michele really needs to stop trying so hard. And step away from Marchesa for a while.
I've realised that I really don't like her public persona because it screams "try hard" but my BFF is a legitimate gleek and if I express these opinions she will kill me in my sleep. I wish I was joking.

preciosa

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:04 pm

I'm going to call SMG's choice a calculated miss. It's not a good dress, but it's eye-catching. And she didn't look bad or silly in it. For a woman who wasn't nominated, is in a pretty unsucessful show, I think it may have been a smart move. She'll get lots of attention today. It was a bold way to make her entrance back onto the scene. And I saw lots of shots of her working the room down front in the movie star section, so she was very much a woman trying to get shit done last night. Hee, I love seeing the return of ambitious Smidge.

A few real misses for me?

Amanda Peet

Kelly Osbourne It's going to be VERY hard to listen to hear giving critiques on fashion round-up this year.

The Deschanels Obnoxious styling on Zooey, horrible dress on Emily.

Debra Messing looked dated. Like she had this sitting around from the last time she was supposed to attend for Will and Grace.

I wasn't feeling that weird side-bustle that Natalie Portman was working.

Michelle Williams

Jessica Biel I don't even KNOW.

Lea Michele Just too much.

Paula Patton Okay, there's actually nothing that bad about this. She was just so annoying all night that I've come to hate it.

I'd say my faves were Shailene Woodley, Viola Davis, Angelina, and Claire Danes
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  tothemax on Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:32 pm

swsa wrote:Amanda Peet

[SNIP]

I'd say my faves were Shailene Woodley, Viola Davis, Angelina, and Claire Danes
Some of those were bad, but I only LOLed at Amanda Peet's dress. I don't think Viola Davis' dress is anything special, but she can smell anything with that smile, so it worked.

tothemax

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann on Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:55 pm

None of the photos I've seen have come close to capturing how Viola looked onscreen. The color looks much more washed out to me. Her earrings, the hair, the dress - I gasped when I saw her, and rewound the Tivo. The other people I thought looked memorably great were Helen Mirren (again, the earrings were awesome), Claire Danes, Laura Dern, and Julianna Marguiles (although the neckline of her dress was not my fave, I loved the color with the bright earrings and chic hair).

It's been a dull year for movies, IMO, so I'm much more interested in the fashion for awards season this year.
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:17 pm

Amanda Peete looked like she stole her dress from Nellie Olsen.

And she didn't look bad or silly in it.

Ooh I have to disagree, I wanted to like it, but the volume + all that stark white linen look made me think comforter every time I looked at it, 80's comforter. I did like that she went different enough to stand out and that she covered her ass with the cute story of how Charlotte picked it for her.

I actually did like Kelly's Zac Posen and Nat's pink/red thing, but Angie and Claire were the clear winners for me. I did also love ERW's
scales to feathers, fish to fowl dress but I didn't the love her hair/makeup so it dimmed her overall look.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:46 pm

Totally agree on ERW. I loved that dress, but the hair just aged her too much.

I honestly don't know what I think of Nicole Kidman's dress. I mostly hate it, but it kind of works on her?

Just saw a full length of Madeline Stowe, and I really like it. Edgy, but not try hard. She pulls it off.

Also, can we talk about how the seemingly see-through dress was actually the LEAST attention whore-y part of Piper Perabo last night?
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle on Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:48 pm

Madeline Stowe looked stunning. Though it's weird seeing her in something that's not a bandage dress.

I'm not sure who Andrea Riseborough is or what she's done other than W.E., but I liked the vaguely Elizabethan silhouette of her dress--it stood out in the sea of fishtail skirts. (And feathers! So many feathers and sequins!) As for Madonna, she needed a bigger size on top.

I also though Zooey Deschanel's tuxedo manicure was cute.

Overall, my vote for best dressed goes to this little furry number.

ETA: SMG says her toddler picked her dress out for her. Big, poofy, with splotchy colors totally appealed to me at that age, too.
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top