Celebrity Fashion

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Celebrity Fashion - Page 7 Empty Re: Celebrity Fashion

Post  Binky on Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:54 pm

I thought Jodie Foster looked amazing last night. And so did Tina Fey.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle on Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:24 pm

I loved Lucy Liu's dress. It was interesting, flattering, and managed to be both daring and pretty classic.

This is probably the best thing I've seen Lena Dunham wear to an awards show. Still, it doesn't fit her, especially around the chest, and the diamond centered over her pelvis is distracting and weird. Most Improved, though.

Zoe Deschanel's dress wasn't very exciting but it's very her, so props for that.

Rachel Weisz would have looked better if the sheer polka dots were just on her shoulders. The skirt should've been solid black all the way down. Or hell, just ended above the knees--it's the Globes, you can probably get away with a shorter length.

Also, I loved Amy Poehler's outfit. Sassy, cute, and something that stands out in the sea of gowns. Extra credit because it's something I would totally wear myself.

Looking over arrivals photos last night, I realized that I am sick to death of peplums. That trend needs to die already.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:35 pm

I loved Jodie Foster's dress too. Michelle Dockery's dress was interesting and creative. I'm glad she took a chance. Ditto with Helen Mirren. Jessica Alba had a decent dress, but what I really loved was her hair (which is really strange for me to say, because this is the first time I've ever liked her hair).

Zoe looks like a bowl of cream with rose petals. I'm not saying that's a bad thing.

Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  themis on Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:42 pm

Lucy Liu hit it out of the park-! Amazing. My husband did not like her hair; I just thought the whole thing looked effortless.

He also didn't like Jennifer Lawrence's boob-napkins. When she was being interviewed I was hoping there was a better, more flattering angle - and as the night played on it became apparent that there really wasn't. The rest of the dress was terrific, and she wins for best personality, so who really cares, right?

themis

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot on Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:14 pm

Lena Dunham needs to either learn to walk in heels or find something else to put on her feet. It was horrible watching her lurch around.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare on Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:27 pm

Poubelle wrote:I loved Lucy Liu's dress. It was interesting, flattering, and managed to be both daring and pretty classic.

Yep, I loved it, too. In a sea of solid colours, that print (as well as the unapologetic ballroom skirt) really stood out. I love the blue colour against her flawless skin and dark hair.

I liked most of the dresses I saw. None stood out as total GURL WHAT WERE YOU THINKING although of course some of them were just...not great. But I thought Helen Mirren was ah-mazing. Others that I liked: Jennifer Garner, Anne Hathaway (simple, clean, classic silhouette and great fit), and Marion Cotillard (although I didn't recognize her at all until I read a caption) because I liked that she wore a shorter dress.

Jessica Chastain's dress was, while a beautiful colour for her, unfortunately made it look like her boobs were drooping to her waist.
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle on Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:29 pm

Lena Dunham needs to either learn to walk in heels or find something else to put on her feet. It was horrible watching her lurch around.
Yes, I was begging her to just take them off. The dress was so long no one would have noticed.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma on Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:32 pm

naughty zoot wrote:Lena Dunham needs to either learn to walk in heels or find something else to put on her feet. It was horrible watching her lurch around.
Seriously, poor her. I wonder if they made her wear heels because they couldn't hem it, or something, because for the love of pete why didn't she throw an modern-independent-woman fit and demand flats?

(I went to a bridal salon where all of the sample shoes for trying on dresses were four-inch stilettos. That sure made me feel super elegant and uber-feminine trying to teeter my way to the damn mirrors. Some girls are just not heels girls...!)

Edit: Apparently they were these. I can feel my ankle turn just looking at 'em.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:31 pm

I'm so clueless. I asked Mrs. I. if she knew whether Lena Dunham was injured. She just rolled her eyes and informed me she was wearing heels and probably not used to it.

I thought Michelle Dockery and Sienna Miller both looked fabulous. I thought Halle Berry looked awful.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:33 pm

Wearing expensive platform stilettos when nobody can see them is pretty foolish even if you can walk in them. (At least practice walking in them first. It's not like you don't know you're going and what you'll be wearing in advance.)
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:18 pm

My worst dressed votes went to Halle Berry, Jennifer Lopez, and Eva Longoria. Kerry Washington and Rachel Weisz got dishonorable mentions.
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:45 pm

I know that Lopez just does that kind of thing anyway but I had to wonder if she kicked it up a notch cause of all the Argo/Affleck love. And who decided to have her present right after the Argo clip and why we got no payoff in the form of a reaction shot from Ben and Jen?
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:38 am

I didn't mind JLo's dress because it was oh so very JLo. I think if she showed up in something that wasn't all sheer illusion I'd be shocked.

(Props to whoever made it for matching the fabric to her skin tone.)

Halle Berry's dress made her boobs look lopsided (which isn't right--she has a fabulous rack normally), and they seemed to have forgotten to sew the skirt to the bodice on one side.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  slmader on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:20 am

particle_person wrote:Liu was my favorite also.

Mine too.

slmader

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:05 pm

I loved Claire Danes, Selma Hayak and Lea Michele.

I'm going to be super unpopular saying this, but I really didn't like Lucy Liu's dress. I thought is sort of overwhelmed her. I also hated Rachel Weisz's dress and Nicole Kidman's.
eventide82
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Username on Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:18 pm

I can't go into chat because I'm at work, but Jessica Chastain looks amazing! She is ridiculously beautiful.

Bad Username

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:54 pm

OK, I JUST turned on E! so I'm way behind, but Giuliana Rancic looks TEN MILLION TIMES BETTER than last time. She looked like a freaking corpse at the...I don't even know, was it the Globes? The one where she had the black dress with the crazy collar and her hair all slicked back and nude lips. Now she has shorter hair (YAY it looks great) and red lipstick and a better dress and, I don't know why I'm so invested but I actually like her, but she looked SO AGGRESSIVELY TERRIBLE last time that I was actually pissed that no one was taking better care of her. And then I got worried that she was secretly dying of cancer or something and I was just an asshole. But this time whoever dresses her finally got a clue. HOW MUCH LONGER must we deal with the nude-lip thing? I think it almost always looks horrible. If you are super skinny and are orange-colored and have pointy cheekbones and a huge mouth with big teeth and a super high forehead (with your hair all pulled away) and sunken dark eyes it looks even worse.

Whew. I didn't know I cared so much. OK, now to see the fashion of some actual celebrities.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:30 pm

We have Oscar chat here! Click "Guest" and type in your SF username.

Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:47 am

I don't know why Jessica Chastain keeps going for that horrible beige/dishwater colour. It does nothing for her - she's so gorgeous, and with that red hair you'd think she'd be rocking some fantastic colour.

Speaking of dull, I thought there were a lot of blah dresses this year. Just a few stood out for me: I thought Jennifer Hudson looked terrific, and I loved the colour of Octavia Spencer's dress.

My best dressed was Queen Latifah who showed everyone how to wear white on the red carpet. Worst dressed definitely goes to Melissa McCarthy. Oh honey, no. The fabric looks like cotton. And leave that hairstyle to Adele. She knows how to handle it.

Charlize also looked fab but didn't Anne Hathaway wear something similar to...the Globes, was it? Ah yes, it was. Speaking of Anne, her dress was a total snoozer.
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  year of the cat on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:52 am

I don't know why everybody on twitter is freaking out about that dress though. It's duchess satin, you CAN NOT see through a material that is THAT thick. If you want to see what bare nipples look like on the red carpet, check out that grey scarf top that JLo wore her first oscars. THAT's see through. This dress just has a seam at the bust. It's Wonky, but so is the shelf bra Jlaw wore that was Dior, that's the New Look silloutte.
year of the cat
year of the cat

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:23 am

The placement of the darts on that dress was really awkward. My main problem with it was that it looked very 90s to me.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  katha on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:48 am

Yes, Hathaway's dress was very "meh" and very 90ies. But it was clear that that weren't her nipples, just awkward tailoring. Don't really think it was close to the worst, just sorta disappointing because IMO her hair is so badass now and she has to ruin it with all this blandness in the dress department. Lawrence's dress didn't work for me either, too wedding-like. Between Hathaway's strange pale pink 90ies throwback and JLaw's big skirt it almost seemed like a misguided "Gwyneth Paltrow wins it for SIL" hommage. Jennifer Garner looked pretty frumpy as well. And I thought CJZ's dress was just too much. Kristen Stewart's dress, make-up, hair, slumped shoulders and constantly bored expression weren't a hit either.

I thought Nicole Kidman, Jessica Chastain, Zoe Saldana, Naomi Watts and Halle Berry all looked really fierce and awesome. Would have liked Adams' dress more if it was in a different colour, I loved the form but the grey just made it looked washed-out.

Last edited by katha on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:27 pm; edited 2 times in total

katha

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:16 pm

As always, Kerry Washington looked great, as did Amanda Seyfried. Agreed that Jennifer Hudson's dress was beautiful and striking.

Kristen Stewart's dress, make-up, hair, slumped shoulders and constantly bored expression weren't a hit either.

God, they showed her constantly, too, and I just do not get it.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:28 pm

I just read that Kristen Stewart was wearing one flat shoe and one high heeled shoe, in deference to the cut on her foot. Which is about the dumbest thing I've heard about last night. Had she worn flats with a bandage on her foot, I doubt there'd have been much of a limp.

I actually liked Jennifer Lawrence's dress, but more because I thought as a complete look, it was lovely. The jewels were beautiful and unique, perfect hair and make-up.

I think Naomi was my best-dressed though. Beautiful.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:10 pm

But then Kristen wouldn't have been able to limp dramatically across the stage if she'd worn even heeled shoes.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next