Celebrity Fashion

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Celebrity Fashion

Post  sagitare on Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:11 pm

Evan Rachel Wood was my favourite of the night: loved the deep mossy green colour, the detailing on the fabric and the way it shimmered. It was very glamorous overall but at the same time felt very elegant and sophisticated (no mean feat for something that featured scales and feathers).

Least favourite was Julianna Marguelies. With that terrible neckline her dress looked like a really long tee shirt.

Biggest (negative) surprise was Reese Witherspoon. Normally she's very chic and well put together on the red carpet, but I thought her dress was overly fussy and looked like it didn't fit her all that well. There just seemed to be a lot going on with it and it was overwhelming the rest of her. Her long wavy hair, which I liked on its own, didn't help matters. Just too busy from top to bottom, IMO.

Last edited by sagitare on Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky on Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:26 pm

My favorite was Jessica Alba. I also really liked Nicole Kidman, who I often think looks terrible and dead. Least favorites: Zoey Deschanel and Jessica Biel.
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  themis on Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:09 pm

I loved Smidge's look. Different, but impeccably styled, and she looked so happy. Gorgeous dress.

Viola Davis was in Pucci -! Pucci is never wrong.

I am seeing Reese on a lot of best dressed lists, but her dress looked horrible in profile, the bodice was this pointy shelf that did nothing for her. Her hair though, her best ever. Along with Tina Fey, who gets my Princess Shinyhair award.

Faves: Nicole Kidman, Jessica Alba, Sofia Vergara, Charlize Theron, ERW, and Zooey Deschanel -- I may be finding her schtick a little tiring, but she wore something unique and styled it perfectly.

themis

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare on Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:15 pm

themis wrote:I am seeing Reese on a lot of best dressed lists
By the opposite token, Natalie Portman seems to be on many worst dressed lists and I don't know why. I thought she looked terrific - the pink colour was great on her, I really liked the red accents, and the little pouf of fabric on her hip was just enough to make the dress interesting and fun.
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian on Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:15 pm

themis wrote:I loved Smidge's look. Different, but impeccably styled, and she looked so happy. Gorgeous dress.
I liked Smidge's dress, too. A lot. While fully recognizing that I shouldn't, but something about it/the way she wore it worked for me.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai on Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:15 pm

For me, the only true WTF of the evening was Jessica Biel. Girlfriend is GORGEOUS - why does she look like she's getting married on the beach in 1973?

Loved Salma Hayek's dress, really liked Nicole Kidman's dress (which would have been awesome in an actual color). I'll also give a thumbs up to SMG, just because it's a bold choice and she didn't look like anyone else. Emma Stone and Angelina Jolie were also awesome.

I think the problem with Natalie Portman's dress was the little side butt shelf. Just because you can get away with adding to you hips, doesn't mean you should.

It was nice to see Madonna dressed like a grown-up -- now if she'd just gone up a size so her boobs would have somewhere to go besides up and over.

Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:27 pm

I'm so happy Juliana Marguilies was wearing a colour. Even if it was plain, I liked the shade.

My favourite was, unexpectedly, Laura Dern. It was so flattering, the colour was so rich and the sparkles added a nice touch.

I also really, really loved Maria Menounos' yellow number. It was cute and fun and it looked gorgeous on her.

Other than that, I found a lot of the fashion really meh this year. There was some nice stuff, but not too many things that really wowed me. And I agree that the nude trend needs to go away. I think it suits very few women, and if it's the tiniest bit off, it looks disastrous!
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dinahmoe on Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:22 pm

Maria Menounos is from the next town over from me, and this cracked me up.
dinahmoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Username on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:08 pm

Angelina looks STUNNING. I love the strategically placed red - the purse, the top of the dress, the lips, and the simple hair.

I like Smidge's dress, and Jessica Chastain looked gorgeous too.

Tilda Swinton looked otherworldly, as usual.

Bad Username

Back to top Go down

Post  Scarlettfish on Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:59 am

I loved Maria Menounos' dress in theory, but it didn't fit her. Way too tight. No idea how she even got into it.

Scarlettfish

Back to top Go down

Post  Escape on Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:06 am

Scarlettfish wrote:I loved Maria Menounos' dress in theory, but it didn't fit her. Way too tight. No idea how she even got into it.

My guess is two stylists, some kind of oil and a prayer. It looks like she was sewn in.
Escape

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare on Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:39 am

I had the same thoughts about Nicole Kidman's dress. I'm sure if she took a sip of water some seams would start to come loose.
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildog27 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:49 am

I'm neither a fashionista/fashionister(?) nor a regular reader of Jezebel, but I found this article on Dolly Parton's invincibility to fashion criticism pretty amusing. http://jezebel.com/5874941/dolly-parton-is-fashion-invincible/gallery/1

Last edited by Wildog27 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wildog27

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare on Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:37 pm

Dolly has such confidence in herself, and she loves who she is and what she does. With that she could wear a garbage bag and look amazing.

And to go from the sublime to the ridiculous, may I ask: what is wrong with Piper Perabo? I ask this sincerely. Was she dropped on her head as a child?
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:01 pm

The dress and her behavior on the red carpet made me think she must have some sort of drug problem.
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny on Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:39 pm

I have no idea who Alison Pill (3rd down) is, but she's wearing an Anthropologie dress that Jasmine and I both own.
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance on Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:49 pm

Miss Moneypenny wrote:I have no idea who Alison Pill (3rd down) is, but she's wearing an Anthropologie dress that Jasmine and I both own.

Alison was Zelda Fitzgerald in Midnight in Paris, among other roles.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny on Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:50 pm

mrinsouciance wrote:
Miss Moneypenny wrote:I have no idea who Alison Pill (3rd down) is, but she's wearing an Anthropologie dress that Jasmine and I both own.

Alison was Zelda Fitzgerald in Midnight in Paris, among other roles.

Ha, no way! I just watched that and loved her. Well, she has good taste in formalwear.
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Scarlettfish on Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:48 pm

But not so much in footwear...I completely agree with Tom and Lorenzo that those shoes were all wrong.

VERY cute dress, though.

Scarlettfish

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:25 am

Alison Pill was also in Pieces of April and is Jay Bucharel's fiancee. Or at least last I heard. The dress is very cute.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:37 am

She was also really good on season 2 (?) of In Treatment, as the girl with cancer would wouldn't tell anyone.
That dress is totally adorable.
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  katesti on Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:45 am

She was also, um, Lindsay Lohan's bestie in Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen.

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:32 am

Shes one of those actresses that has been around since she was very young and has legitimately done every medium. I always remember her in Milk.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  sen3 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:09 am

Actors in Prada Fall 2012 show. Hellooo Jamie Bell. Bad pic of Gary Oldman. He couldn't be that stiff, could he?

sen3

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea on Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:21 pm

Did you watch the video of the show? I think they were intended to be that stiff. Also, it seems that they were meant to look like Nazis. That's all I could think of while watching the show, is how much they looked like they belonged in 1930s Germany. That and a couple of the non-actor models had a serious case of Blue Steel happening.
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top