Celebrity Fashion

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Celebrity Fashion

Post  ariadne on Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:10 pm

I know it's real, but some of those actors/models have a crazy case on 'hed pasted on yayz'

ariadne

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:53 pm

Adrien Brody looks FIERCE. And Jamie Bell has turned a corner from awkward and gangly to become attractive again.
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:32 am

I totally got a kick out of Tim Roth sauntering down the runway with that goofy grin while everyone else was being all 'this is serious bizness.'
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare on Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:20 am

I'm loving all the colour for the SAG's red carpet. The blues, in particular, were stunning: Jane Lynch, Jessica Chastain, Diane Lane, and Melissa McCarthy (her hair looked fantastic, too!).

My favourites: I thought Kelly Osborne's was gorgeous (such clean and simple lines, with just that bit of bling around the waist and detail on the shoulders), as was Michelle Williams' simple red dress (although I could have done without the matchy-matchy shoes. Something in gold, perhaps?). I also loved Shailene Woodley's dress - such a fun print! Other notables: Octavia Spencer and Dianna Agron.

Least favourite: The winner by a mile was Rose Byrne. Runner ups included Kaley Cuoco and Michele Lea (who was shockingly *not* wearing Marcesca, although I initially assumed it was because it was her usual trying-too-hard tacky look).
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person on Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:44 am

(I also made us a SAG thread if people want to talk about the awards too.)

Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 on Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:20 am

I found the length of Michelle Williams' dress really awkward looking. Yeah, Rose Byrne's whole look was a totally WTF for me.

My favourites were Diane Lane and Sarah Hyland. And I thought Naya Rivera looked lovely as well - understated and no side-boob to be seen!
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee on Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:58 am

Lea, when you blatantly have your hand holding your dress slit open, it doesn't look sexy, it just looks desperate for attention.

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  emrie on Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:52 am

I thought Jayma Mays looked fabulous.

emrie

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 on Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:30 am

sagitare wrote:
Least favourite: The winner by a mile was Rose Byrne.

When she did the intro about being an actor, I thought she was Shannon Woodward, and I was all confused by her accent.
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:16 pm

The haircut made her look like Anna Wintour. It ages her.
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  tothemax on Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:45 pm

I love Emily Blunt's dress, especially the color.

tothemax

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance on Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:41 pm

I must be out on my own little island, because I thought Rose Byrne looked great.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea on Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:17 pm

ActonBell wrote:The haircut made her look like Anna Wintour. It ages her.

That's who her hair was reminding me of. I couldn't quite place it. That was the real failure in her look last night. I didn't love the jumpsuit, but I didn't think it was the worst thing there. But the hair just does not suit her or her age AT ALL.

I'm admittedly the biggest Lea Michele defender on this board, but I have to agree that her dress was way too much. To me, it seems her fashion choices have taken a big nosedive since she's got her styling team. Before that she had some misses, but there were a lot of hits to balance it out. Now it's just too much make-up, not enough dress, and some horrible choices all around.

My favourites from last night have all been mentioned. Dianna Agron in the pink, Michelle Williams in the red, Jane Lynch in the blue, and I actually really liked Kaley Cuoco's ice green number. I'd have to add Ellie Kemper's teal dress, and Emma Stone's fabulous black dress.

I thought the worst was Busy Phillips, Angelina, and I didn't like Kyra Sedgwick's cutout dress. It wasn't bad per se, just similar to Lea's in that it was try too hard.
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare on Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:03 pm

ActonBell wrote:The haircut made her look like Anna Wintour. It ages her.
Yes, the style is way too heavy for her face.

I totally missed that fabulous blue dress of Ellie Kemper, and agreed on Emily Stone's absolute cuteness! I do adore the Dior New Look style.
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 on Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:29 pm

emrie, I loved Emily Blunt's dress as well.

Jayma Mays did look gorgeous - she never quite gets it right, but that black sparkly number was fabulous.
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky on Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:13 pm

Rose Byrne looked like she was in costume as Anna Wintour on Ice or something.

Lea Michele's dress would have been unremarkable-fine if she wasn't sticking her leg through the slit like she was desperate for attention...which I suppose she was...but trying too hard is not a good look. I also was not a fan of Amber Riley's boob bows.

I liked the winners' -Spencer and Davis - dresses.
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person on Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:43 pm

dionneshea wrote: I'd have to add Ellie Kemper's teal dress, and Emma Stone's fabulous black dress.

I loved both of those. I also actually liked Shailene Woodley's dress, if just because she stood out from the crowd by wearing a pattern.

Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:14 am

That was actually my favorite dress, the pattern was gorgeous and it is such an unexpected and daring choice for an awards show. I'm so sick of black or all the shades of blush and beige that keep showing up on the red carpet.
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:02 am

Yeah Shailene's dress was my best of the night too. I actually wasn't a fan of Emma Stone's, but she's still rockin' the fuschia lippy which I love.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nazlan on Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:08 pm

I would have liked Emma Stone's better if not for the frouha on the bodice. Too busy for my tastes.
nazlan

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance on Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:12 pm

I find it fascinating to hear what so-called "real people" like we at SF think vs. what the "experts" on the tv shows have to say. I kind of liked Shailene Woodley's dress, too, but she was absolutely eviscerated for it on the fashion wrap shows we watched last night. On one of them, the entire panel burst into laughter for what seemed like an eternity before they even started tearing her apart. On the other one, they not only hated the dress but implied that she doesn't know how to use make-up or do her hair, either. It was all quite mean-spirited.

I thought she looked just fine, myself.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare on Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:50 pm

I was reading a similar review, mri in which the person bitched about how the dress obviously didn't fit her properly. I looked up at the picture they had and couldn't for the life of me figure out how they thought that. Judging by many red carpet dresses in general, I'd say 'the dress didn't fit' really means 'wasn't two sizes too small'. Personally, I'm glad at least one actress had the sense to choose comfort and, you know, being able to breathe!
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  themis on Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:55 pm

mrinsouciance wrote:I must be out on my own little island, because I thought Rose Byrne looked great.
I thought she looked just fine. So glad to see something different, I must have draping/ruching/nude sparkly visual fatigue, or something.

themis

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha on Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:37 am

I don't know if facial hair counts as fashion, exactly, but Anthony Kiedis' mustache NEEDS TO GO. It's hideous. He looks like someone who isn't allowed to live within a certain radius of schools and parks and is legally obligated to notify people when he moves into their neighborhood. *shudder*
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  tothemax on Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:38 pm

Naturally, there's a Tumblr.

tothemax

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next