Grey's Anatomy

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Post  Swarley on Fri May 11, 2012 7:56 pm

The internet says Patrick Dempsey resigned for next year. Which isn't to say they're not going to kill him off but why go through the trouble of resigning if you just plan on killing the character? I really hope that's not the case either because, oh dear. That's nearly as bad as Romano getting crushed by a helicopter.

Swarley

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges on Fri May 11, 2012 11:05 pm

I am actually excited about this stupid plane crash. I've been finding the increased attempts for the show to top itself really amusing. Musical episode! 'What if?' episode! Plane Crash! I bet no one dies but it does mean everybody stays at Seattle Grace even though they should all move on.
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma on Fri May 18, 2012 3:07 am

OK, I kind of hate it when they do Season-Ending Peril! as a cheat when they're not sure who will be renewing their contracts.

Did Chyler Leigh decide to leave the show or did they realize they didn't have anything for her to do?
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  dday515 on Fri May 18, 2012 10:34 am

Apparently, it was a mutual decision.

The best part of Shonda's tweet is the giant middle finger she "subtly' gave to Katherine Heigl. ("As far as I’m concerned Chyler will always remain a part of the Shondaland family and I can’t wait to work with her again in the future.")

Say what you will about Shonda as a writer/show runner, but she's one broad I definitely would like to keep on my good side!

dday515

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather on Fri May 18, 2012 4:23 pm

I was a little concerned they were going to have April kill herself. I didn't want to see Hot Hot Jesse Williams be sad.

Heather

Back to top Go down

Post  killershrew on Fri May 18, 2012 5:44 pm

Although I would certainly offer to comfort Hot Hot Jesse Williams in his hour of need.
killershrew

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges on Fri May 18, 2012 10:37 pm

I'm glad that shirtless Hot Hot Jesse Williams could distract us all from plane related peril.

I kind of love that Shonda just left them all in the woods. Do you think that if they hadn't re-signed we'd have started next season with 'I'm sorry we found the plane but they had all been eaten by bears'?
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy on Sat May 19, 2012 1:03 am

I've kind of come full circle with this show--after the ridiculousness of Izzy's tumor-ghost-sex, I can face almost anything coming from Shondaland with placid acceptance. I can relax and take all the popcorn melodrama with a delicious grain of salt (though I skipped the musical and the what-if eps.) So I am ok with Mr. Grey getting sucked out of the airplane and possibly losing his hand, Lexie dying, hairspray bottles used to relieve fluid pressure on the heart, and Arizona hiding what seems to be serious internal injuries from everyone around her. Because it's Shonda land, and contracts were being negotiated. I almost can't wait to see wtf they're going to do to magic everyone back to SG and keep the cast together.

I gotta give Shonda some credit--I may not like the shit she gives her characters to do, but she does create characters that have distinct personalities, and she gives her actors work to do. She drives me crazy, but she has moved me to tears on more than one occasion, so I can't buy a ticket on the Shonda hate train. Yet. Scandal just might send me over the edge, and who knows what's gonna happen with that weird old-timey hotel soap for the fall.
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges on Sat May 19, 2012 1:25 am

The hotel soap didn't get picked up so Scandal and this will be our only glimpses into Shondaland.

I agree about the characters. If I didn't care about all of these people I would have bailed so long ago. I get mad about stupid plot decisions because I care for them. At this point I've gone through so much with this show I know I'll never quit it.
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma on Sat May 19, 2012 1:47 pm

xyzzy wrote:So I am ok with Mr. Grey getting sucked out of the airplane and possibly losing his hand
Man, I was convinced Derek was going to turn up on scene having cut his hand all the way off with a rock. 127 Hours in the Woods!

Apparently Jessica Capshaw is pregnant again so her injuries give them the opportunity to have Arizona "recovering" offscreen for a few months while she goes on leave, *or* of course she could decline to return and be written out easily.

With House and, ok, even Desperate Housewives going off the air forever, I needs some predictable dramas in my weekly dose of TV, so I'm glad this one got renewed, even if AIRPLANES FALL, EVERYONE DIES.
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle on Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:22 pm

Those bastards killed Mark! And Meredith continues to be so far up her own ass that she can't even stay with her husband while he waits for his best friend to die. Nice Meredith.
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy on Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:06 pm

I thought Medusa turned men to stone and wasn't made of stone herself.

For a second I thought Owen was going to run into Kepner's arms and give her a big kiss, except she had livestock.

I truly assumed that Arizona was dead, so I wasn't expecting the stump waving. I admit I jumped a little.
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  sunni94 on Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:45 pm

I loved that at least Mark got a true goodbye and it made me so sad to see McSteamy go. I don't get why Lexie didn't get the same sort of send off. I thought she deserved it. I too thought Owen was going to Christina, but I'm kind of glad at a hint of a new relationship with farmer girl.

sunni94

Back to top Go down

Post  PineappleGirl on Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:16 pm

My biggest grievance about the premiere? The weather. We're a month or so after the crash, right? Which was in May? So why is it the middle of winter in Minnesota (where we had the hottest summer EVER, by the way, and didn't even get any snow last winter), with a blizzard and everything? And isn't April's family farm in Iowa? It appeared to be a beautiful summer day there . . . which, Iowa is an hour south of Rochester, Minnesota. So no. What the hell month is it supposed to be?

I realize that there were much bigger issues (Mark dying! Arizona's leg! Derek's hand!) but for some reason this just bothered me so much!
PineappleGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle on Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:11 pm

Heather wrote:I am COMPLETELY making assumptions here. But something about Shonda has always struck me a little... petty, at times? Maybe? I don't know. But, I always like to think the most dramatic explanation is therefore true. :)

I thought that with the way the Izzy/KH stuff was handled. There was no better way to write her character out without making everyone flat out hate her?

I'm also really annoyed that Arizona is still not dead.
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:20 pm

I've also thought she was extremely petty and childish, I used to read her blog occasionally and she got butt hurt very easily. I admire her use of diversity on her shows a lot, but I've always kinda gotten the feeling shes a bit of a pain.

Along with KH/Izzie, I've long heard rumors that she killed off George the way she did because she was unhappy TR Knight decided to leave and she wanted to make it definite because of that. I have no idea if that is true.

Last edited by Kiran on Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken on Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:21 pm

Not only that, Alex said he was supposed to have gone to Hopkins three months ago so it should be late summer or early autumn. At least, that's what I think he said. I was a bit distracted by the gorgeous summer weather on the Kepner's farm while Christina seems to be stuck in February.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix on Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:56 pm

E!Online have a piece on the how's and why's of McSteamy's death. This particular bit stuck out:

As for Dane, well, according to insiders, he did not ask to leave the show. However, before you Grey's fans get even more upset, please know that according to sources, there were "very legitimate reasons" for Shonda's decision to let him go.

I chose to believe that those reasons were because of him harrassing Chyler Leigh. I also find it interesting that instead of it being written off as part of the budget concerns that the piece mentions, they're saying 'legitimate reasons'. I wonder if the sources there aren't as supportive of him as perhaps Shonda Rhimes is.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  PineappleGirl on Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:56 pm

Right, big chicken? So distracting!

Also: it appears my original post got deleted or something, but I was with big chicken in complaining about how it was apparently winter in Minnesota but summer in Iowa and how confused I was about what the hell month it was supposed to be.

I did not know any of this gossip about Eric Dane! Very interesting.

ETA: Nevermind, now it's back. Weird!

Last edited by PineappleGirl on Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
PineappleGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  katesti on Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:30 pm

Well come on, don't you know it's ALWAYS winter in Minnesota? Plus, everyone is SUPER NICE and YOKEL-Y.

(Barf.)

(Also, Minnesotan nitpick - if Cristina is supposed to be at Mayo, why were the establishing shots of St. Paul, which is the state capitol and an hour and a half north of Rochester? And there's no way she's flying from Seattle to Rochester without at least one stop.)

Meredith has been stepping it up for me a lot over the last couple of seasons, but I was SO annoyed that she took off to the airport while her husband's best friend was dying. Can you imagine her reaction if Derek had done that while Cristina was dying?

Also, I totally thought about all the Eric Dane/Chyler Leigh stuff the whole time. I hope Chyler lands something awesome soon.

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken on Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:18 am

Also, WHERE THE HELL WAS ADDISON?

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Swarley on Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:46 pm

big chicken wrote:Also, WHERE THE HELL WAS ADDISON?

When Mark was dying? I wondered about that too. It didn't seem realistic to me that no one would have mentioned her or called her. They have a very significant history together and it got ignored.

Mark's dying just broke my heart for some reason. I was more broken up about it than Lexie and I LOVED Lexie. I guess it was the way he got a proper send off and I just kept thinking "Oh, they're going to wake him up. ANY SECOND NOW!" right up until the moment when the cardiac monitor* flat lined.

*Medical nitpick but it bugs me when people that are expected to die are wearing a cardiac monitor. I get why they do it. But that doesn't happen in real life. Do you know how annoying those monitors are?! No one wants to listen to that while the people they love are dying.

Swarley

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:28 pm

Okay, no but seriously, what is Shonda Rhimes deal with Mark Sloane? I liked him a lot too, hes was one of my favorites, but she never wrote George an obituary.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle on Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:54 pm

Was it necessary to hear about Lexie being eaten by animals? Come on!
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Swarley on Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:39 pm

It really wasn't. I feel like they could have eluded to it without coming out and having Cristina say it. Sandra Oh just killed that scene. It was gut wrenching. It completely explained the catatonic state without being over the top.

I'm confused about Mark. What killed him ultimately? Why'd he get a surge? Terminally ill patients get surges, sure but WHY WAS MARK TERMINALLY ILL?!?! I'm going to just assume monkeys did it. Or, you know, damage to his heart that could only be repaired by catatonic Cristina.

Swarley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top