Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parks and Recreation

+53
emrie
Heather
Bad Username
laddical
katesti
Author By Night
Muggsy
Cutebutpsycho
swsa
VodouDoll
bosoxgirl
laurelin_kit
roseland
punkysdilemma
Kiran
Nerg
harvey the penguin
SarahJanet
schwa
dday515
puddingcup
naughty zoot
caerbannog
Rhilin
RiverThames
ActonBell
tiller
bbridges
SelfAmused
Shadowlass
sobe
Gallifrey Girl
queenofdenile
Morning Angel
Gilraen
mokey75
dionneshea
nikita
Shalamar
molliewollie
choubetcha
Auroura76
Jasmine
BreezyK
Matinee
Instant Monkeys
The Dude
Gillian
jcpdiesel21
Wilhelmina
biakbiak
bottle
Genevieve
57 posters

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Parks and Recreation - Page 13 Empty Re: Parks and Recreation

Post  Shadowlass Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:06 pm

That news makes me nervous, but I'm somewhat soothed by the fact that TV by the Numbers is is predicting renewal for Parks & Recreation.

Shadowlass

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowlass Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:54 pm

Shadowlass

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:23 pm

Back tonight! Two episodes!

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:29 pm

I am literally shaking with anticipation!
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowlass Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:58 pm

I love that the show actually went ahead and recalled Leslie. But I wanted to crawl right through the TV to hug her last night.

Horrifyingly, TV By the Numbers has downgraded P&R's renewal odds to a toss-up.

Shadowlass

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:50 pm

I liked last week's episodes a lot, especially the fact that Leslie being righteous (in a good way) actually led to her being recalled, and she knew it, and she went ahead with the Filibuster. That was the essence of why she makes such a great character.

But this week?! Oh, my god, I LOVED THIS WEEK. Both episodes, though if I had to choose just one, I'd have to say "The Cones of Dunshire" for Ben's storyline at the accounting firm alone. I love him when he's being a supergeek, and he was king of the nerds in that episode. From the gaming, to the head accountant who LOVES him and the one who hated him, but grew to love him to calzones and the tag and how they were just his people. It was all so perfect.

But I also loved Jamm getting Jammed by Chris of all people who did it for Leslie. Loved it. Also loved the karaoke and Chris's "I'll buy five copies of the DVD of this. No, 20! 60! No, that's crazy. 20!" April preying on the hipsters was hilarious. And Ron essentially giving her the cabin was very sweet.

If there was one storyline I preferred in the first episode, it was Donna and April choosing which dogs everyone else was, which led to April getting to know Donna a lot better. And she is a cat. It also led to the perfect amount of Craig. Too much of him is just annoying, but the two or three lines he got was perfection.

And now no new episodes until January? Not happy.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:27 pm

Truth be told, I was a little disappointed in last week's episode, I just didn't find it as funny as I've come to expect.

But I *loved* this weeks! Jerry choking on his crackers while Chris proposes to Ann was hilarious.

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Author By Night Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:51 pm

Episodes where Leslie shows the side of her that was born of Michael Scott always make me cringe anyway, so. But I did love the ending.

Ann and Chris's storyline couldn't interest me less, sadly. :/

Author By Night

http://author-by-night.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:42 pm

Renewed for a seventh season!!!

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:30 pm

Holy shit, I did not expect that. I'm very happy, though!
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowlass Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:00 pm

Waffles are on me!

Shadowlass

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:03 am

I cried a LOT during tonight's episode. Ann and Leslie saying goodbye was just too hard. Every scene with the two of them was fantastic. The same with Ben and Chris. I adore their friendship and will miss it. There were three other goodbyes that really got me. Chris saying goodbye to Leslie was so sweet. Ron saying goodbye to Ann was in typical Swanson fashion but for whatever reason, I was crying as much as Ann and Larry were. And the one that got me the hardest was April muttering that she loved Ann too. Of course she does.

I'm a little afraid of what the show will look like with the two of them gone. Chris I can actually see not making a huge impact, though he does have a great dynamic with April and Andy, and of course Ben. But Ann... Ann keeps Leslie's feet firmly on the ground in ways that Ben hasn't been able to, yet. She has an interesting relationship with almost everyone in the office, and she was our way into the world. I know loving Rashida Jones can sometimes be an unpopular opinion, but I've never understood. I think she's FANTASTIC as Ann Perkins and it's going to be a very different show without her.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:39 am

Yeah. My husband had the same worry too. We both were sad to see this episode -- admittedly I love Ann and Leslie's friendship and even the goodbye reminded me of when my best friend moved away.

I don't know. I think that it depends on how they expand the other characters. I'm really glad to see Donna get more stuff (and I saw a recently tweeted picture that made me scream with glee) and I feel like maybe April will be kind of like Ann, but in her own angry way.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:25 pm

I cried and loved it. Typing my favorite goodbyes would just make me cry again, so instead I will say Oren in character as the Easter Bunny warmed my soul.

On a complete shallow note I noticed they were dressing Pratt in just jeans and a tshirt and not layers are a tucked in puffed out shirt so the new physique was noted.

To cheer people up Johnny Karate sings about Jean Claude Van Damme's Sudden Death to the children.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:53 am

Deleted/extended scene of Ben's reaction to the Iron Throne.

Also, this adorable pic of Amy with Andy Samberg, Nick, Adam, Bill Hader, Bill Murrary, Paul Rudd, and Megan at an Oscar party!
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowlass Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:51 pm

Shadowlass

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:35 pm

So I knew they'd come up with some convoluted reason to keep Leslie in Pawnee, and I probably should have expected it to be this, but OHMAHGAAAAAAH, a baby Knope-Wyatt!!!
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:49 pm

Ummm...? That certainly felt like a series finale. They WERE renewed, right?

You're 5,000 candles in the wind, Li'l Sebastian.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:50 pm

They were renewed but it's been speculated it's going to be a 13 episode season.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:19 pm

I think weirdly this might work for the next season because it jumps through a lot of stuff like the merger going through, getting a new office into City Hall, and even the triplets. But yeah, it felt like a series finale.

But it also gives the opportunity to also have the rest of the cast do some big things -- like I wonder what will happen with Ron and Tammy Two and whether or not Andy became mayor of Pawnee like the writers have joked at times.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:46 am

I'm going with Ben is newly elected mayor and being inaugurated that night, hence the tux. I am all for the time jump -- there were a few episodes this season that felt a bit like they were treading water.

Also, yay random Jon Hamm cameo.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:52 am

It definitely felt like a series finale, and it would have been a good one, but I'm glad it's coming back. And I agree about Ben being Mayor, unless he's being honored for being philanthropist of the year after he makes a kajillion dollars from Cones of Dunshire.
And I would bet one million Stanley nickels that Amy Poehler was like, "fine, you can have Leslie be pregnant, and you can even give her triplets, but no way in hell am I walking around in a fake triplet pregnancy belly."
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:53 am

JON HAMM! He was like Chris redux. Absurdly handsome, upbeat, and even said "Literally".

Loved how Mona Lisa was like "A four-way with my ex, my brother, and this strange rando? Okay."

I adored that episode. I gotta watch it again.
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:54 am

It did feel like a series finale. And a pretty damn good one, for that matter.

That said, this is the last sitcom I watch on NBC, so I'm glad it's coming back. The time jump (if they keep it?) was smart. No one wants newborn babies in their sitcom, let alone 3 of them!
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Author By Night Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:17 pm

I'll admit I've been out of the loop - I sort of fell out of love with P&R. But a friend mentioned it was the season finale, so I jumped in.

I really liked it! I'll admit the time jump didn't make much sense to me logically (so wait, will the next season take place in 2017? Or has the show been a few years back this whole time? Yes, I know, I'm overthinking it), but for purposes of the show it actually makes more sense. No awkward baby drama (the show was SO good at avoiding that one), and it seems Leslie has risen up to where she belongs, finally. Though did I sense a bit of power hunger there?

It definitely felt like a series finale, and were it not for the open ended last scene, I'd still think it was. I have a feeling they did write this one in case they didn't get picked up, much like the finale for the fourth season.

I want fanfic now, though.

Author By Night

http://author-by-night.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum