Pottermore

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Pottermore

Post  maxell131313 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:39 pm

Congratulations Slytherin house members! Because you won the first House cup, you get to see first four or five chapters of Chamber of Secrets before it opens to the rest of us.

Ravenclaw House: just because we have the fewest members of all the other houses doesn't mean we should be in last place! I'm going to chalk this up to our all having our noses in books and not participating in wizarding duels.
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie on Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:56 pm

You mean Hufflepuffs aren't last?! I have not logged in recently, it seems like that's a first. With more Hufflepuffs than any other house, I get the feeling that a bunch of people got sorted into Hufflepuff, created a new account and started over.
Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post  vwlphb on Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:26 pm

I got an email today saying that the first few chapters of Chamber of Secrets was up and ready to be explored, but I can't seem to get them to actually load. (I'm a Slytherin.) Anyone else having the same problem?

I still can't get over how poorly done the experience is. I get that most resources had to go to the reliability since so, so many people are on the site, but even bringing in a mediocre game designer would help with the game balancing issues in dueling and potions. I know a lot of people who would do it for free. And it's a bit surprising that such a high profile game that was in beta for so long wouldn't have more content by now.

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge on Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:37 pm

Is anyone else having trouble throwing the FUCKING gnomes out of the FUCKING garden?

Sorry for the language, but this is pissing me OFF. I can't do it.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 on Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:13 pm

When you grab the gnomes, hold the mouse button down until they start spinning faster. Then it's just a matter of timing to make sure you let go as soon as their heads get above the garden wall. Once I did that, I didn't have any more problems.
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge on Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:47 pm

So their heads have to be positioned over the garden wall as you're still spinning? Do you have to move the mouse to the right so that it flies over the wall, too?

Thanks for the tip, BTW.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 on Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:49 pm

No, I couldn't move the mouse at all. Wherever I caught the gnomes, that's where I had to start from. Just keep holding the mouse button down when you get hold of them and wait until they spin faster. Let go when they're on the upswing so that they arc over the wall.
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge on Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:57 pm

WOO-HOO! I did it!

Cel-eb-rate good times, come on...

Now I just have to wait for the rest of book two to become available.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge on Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:28 pm

Sorry to bother everyone again, but I was just wondering, is it normal to have to wait to explore the other chapters in book two? It's been a few days, and I'm still not able to move past chapter four. I thought it would be available by now...are they still working out the kinks, or something?

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle on Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:09 pm

I'd just like to brag that I've won three duels. Let's not talk about how many I've lost, but rather congratulate the non-Ravenclaw houses for their points.

I seem to remember how to brew a potion again, too! Though now's the real challenge--making sure I'm not busy with something else in half an hour. Don't they realize people have lives outside the internet sometimes?
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:44 pm

The last chapters of Chamber of Secrets are open and ready to explore! Took 'em long enough....
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge on Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:31 pm

You know that little circle near the owl that tells you how many notifications you have? I can't seem to get rid of mine, even though I've read those notifications. It annoys me...anyone know how to get rid of it?

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie on Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:55 pm

Prisoner of Azkaban is up. I haven't played this for a while, but now I have to go through and see if there's a patronus quiz. I MUST KNOW THESE FICTIONAL THINGS ABOUT MYSELF.
Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat on Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:48 am

Very late to the game, but I finally started playing Pottermore. I, um, may have just opened my account so I could be officially Sorted and officially claim to be a Hufflepuff. (I've done several Sorting quizzes, and I always end up in Hufflepuff. One of them suggested I might also fit into Ravenclaw once, and by then I was all, "This thing must be broken! Doesn't it know I am a Hufflepuff?")

I held my breath for a minute but it all worked out. I suppose this means I have to earn my keep by trying to earn some House points, right?

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Author By Night on Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:27 pm

I've tried to get into Pottermore, but I don't really care for the games. On one hand, they do remind me of some of the computer games I played as a kid, so there's that. On the other hand, I usually got bored with those games, and I got bored with Pottermore too. I get that JKR loves riddles and clues and hidden treasures, but I wish there were some sort of opt out for those of us who just want the backstories. Is that greedy of me? I know there's sites but it seems you have to go looking for them. Of course, part of me also doesn't want to know too much - I don't really do fanfic anymore, but I still like how I see the characters, and in general sometimes reading what writers think happened in their backstory or what "happened next" spoils stuff for me. At the same time, I DO want to know. :P

Author By Night

http://author-by-night.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

temp

Post  Red Wolf on Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:18 am

So Rowling released another story on Pottermore. But apparently I can't just read it. Oh no, can't have that. I have to bloody unlock something. I think I'm clicking on everything that can be clicked on, to no result. So what am I missing?

Last edited by particle_person on Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : (Moved here, cause this is really a Pottermore question, not an HP discussion thing. - particle_person))

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  jstilwe on Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:25 am

Backstory on Celestina Warbeck.

jstilwe

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 on Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:26 am

Unless this is something that was released today, it's the biography of Celestina Warbeck, the singing witch that Molly Weasley loves and makes everyone listen to at Christmas.  
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf on Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:39 am

Thanks, PP. I forgot about this thread. And thanks, jstilwe, for linking to the story.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top