Celebrity Dumb Quotes

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Celebrity Dumb Quotes

Post  Kiran on Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:52 pm

She probably knows how hard it is, so I think she might actually HAVE been trying to be helpful it just...is very blunt and not helpful.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:14 am

bookworm wrote:I also think Joan has struggled with that herself? Like she's never been the skinny, pretty to type actress. I wonder if she's felt limited by that.

And her voice. It's distinctive, and I love the character it brings to her roles, but I have to believe it's limited her range considerably.
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Decca on Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:55 pm

Joan totally should have just given her an e-mail or something if she wanted to talk about casting woes though.

Yeah, but I think even that would have been rude if it was unsolicited. Gabby Sidibe already knows she's not skinny, and she no doubt already knows the obstacles ahead of her. It's the kind of thing (like most things to do with body image) that really depends on context. Two friends sharing their angst about the hurdles they face due to ridiculous beauty standards is one thing, and it's something a lot of friends do together once they know each other. Telling a perfect stranger right after you meet her that she should abandon her chosen profession is obtuse to the point of cruelty, IMO.

Decca

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:00 pm

Kiran wrote:She probably knows how hard it is, so I think she might actually HAVE been trying to be helpful it just...is very blunt and not helpful.
Yeah, while I don't endorse this at all, I do think this is one of the most well-intended, overall good-natured (on both sides) Celebrity Dumb Quotes I've ever encountered. It sounds like Joan Cusack went into PTSD mode remembering her own experiences and without thinking told Gabourey to get out while she still had her sanity. It was rude and forward and she should have held her tongue, but I am sure she was trying to save Gabby from years of heartbreak. And then Gabby seems to understand that she meant it kindly and doesn't seem to harbor any resentment.

But, she spoke before thinking, definitely.
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny on Thu May 10, 2012 12:57 pm

Putting this here because I honestly have no idea what she's talking about. Kristen Stewart on relating to Snow White in Snow White and the Huntsmen:

“I think that I related to Snowy because … I love her. She feels such strong things and sort of can’t say exactly why she feels those things … and I can completely relate to that and I also can relate to feeling arrogant about it a little bit. Sort of like ‘It’s not about being who you are; it’s sort of not saying what everyone thinks I’m going to say because I’m uncomfortable’ … She’s like very instinctive and sort of awesome in that way."

Full quote here, with the rest being slightly more comprehensible.
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak on Wed May 30, 2012 5:33 pm

More like awkward quotes, Kathy Lee asks Martin Short the secret to his marriage and if they still make each other laugh after all these years. I guess missing the memo that his wife died in 2010.
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Never Enough on Wed May 30, 2012 6:26 pm

Wow, bravo to Martin Short for not bursting into tears and/or storming off the set!

Never Enough

Back to top Go down

Post  choubetcha on Wed May 30, 2012 6:29 pm

Ugh, that's terrible.

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 on Wed May 30, 2012 6:38 pm

Oh, Kathie Lee. Either your assistants really let you down or you and Hoda need to cut back on the booze. That's just cringe-worthy.
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha on Wed May 30, 2012 7:37 pm

Oh, wow, that is awful. Poor Martin Short.

That reminds me of the time some idiot journalist at a Dream Morning Musume press appearance asked poor Kaori Iida if being a pop star is different for her now that she's a mother. Her son died of kidney failure when he was 7 months old.
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Thu May 31, 2012 3:28 am

That is awkward and painful as hell. Poor Martin.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising on Thu May 31, 2012 1:21 pm

He played it off well, though, and didn't embarrass her on air. The man is pure class.
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm on Thu May 31, 2012 2:50 pm

Yes, he is. This is why he's the announcer for Canada at Epcot!
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Thu May 31, 2012 2:55 pm

See, my Epcot-Short connection is "The Story of Me" from the Wonders of Life Pavilion - a short film that rather bluntly (for Disney) discusses sex and procreation.
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose on Thu May 31, 2012 7:42 pm

Well, at least she apologized. Oh...wait.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude on Thu May 31, 2012 7:45 pm

This whole incident reminds me of how very much I've always disliked that woman. With apologies to Edith Bunker, what a dingbat.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  Never Enough on Thu May 31, 2012 7:51 pm

From the article, Short's reply (not on Twitter, since Gifford is still an idiot):

"On live television, people make mistakes. There's no ill will intended,"

It can not be said enough. Class. Act.

Never Enough

Back to top Go down

Post  Luthien on Thu May 31, 2012 7:58 pm

I have always just laughed at what I thought were jokes about Kathie Lee and Hoda drinking before they go on the air (I seldom, if ever, watch the latter part of the Today Show), but with a mistake like that, it makes me wonder if people were actually joking.

Luthien

Back to top Go down

Post  Brainchild on Thu May 31, 2012 8:25 pm

Oh, I've long suspected that ever since she got on Today, Kathie Lee has become a mighty lush. It's just something about the way she rambles, while Hoda looks like she wants to die.

Brainchild

Back to top Go down

Post  GoodbyeWithWords on Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:03 pm

Luthien wrote:I have always just laughed at what I thought were jokes about Kathie Lee and Hoda drinking before they go on the air (I seldom, if ever, watch the latter part of the Today Show), but with a mistake like that, it makes me wonder if people were actually joking.
No, the SNL sketches were never that far removed from reality. They actually do drink on the air and probably get a head start.

GoodbyeWithWords

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising on Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:00 pm

Brainchild wrote:Oh, I've long suspected that ever since she got on Today, Kathie Lee has become a mighty lush. It's just something about the way she rambles, while Hoda looks like she wants to die.

At this point, I'm surprised that Hoda isn't the bigger drunk. If ever there was an excuse for getting blotto at work in the morning....
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:15 am

You guys Taylor Swift REALLY hurt John Mayer's feelings. There are a lot of dumb quotes in this article. Mostly because they are coming from John Mayer, King of Douchery, and Over Sharing.

And Taylor didn't even let him know that the song was coming:

"I never got an e-mail. I never got a phone call," he says. "I was really caught off-guard, and it really humiliated me at a time when I'd already been dressed down.

I mean...maybe if this was Cory Monteith or something, but this is the man who called a tmz press conference to discuss how he dumped Jennifer Aniston, among other things.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:32 am

Never Enough wrote:From the article, Short's reply (not on Twitter, since Gifford is still an idiot):

"On live television, people make mistakes. There's no ill will intended,"

It can not be said enough. Class. Act.
Sounds like something Jimny Glick would have done.
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Francie Nolan on Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:18 pm

Adam Carolla doesn't think women are funny. I was going to write a pithy quip, but alas, my lady parts prevent me from doing such a thing.

Francie Nolan

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny on Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:31 pm

Francie Nolan wrote:Adam Carolla doesn't think women are funny. I was going to write a pithy quip, but alas, my lady parts prevent me from doing such a thing.

Well, women don't think Adam Carolla is funny, so I guess it's even.
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top