Celebrity Dumb Quotes

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Celebrity Dumb Quotes

Post  LadyGayle on Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:51 pm

Wow, my opinion of Mark Wahlberg just went down dramatically. What an asshole thing to say. I guess the passengers who actually were on the plane were just a bunch of wimps, huh?

LadyGayle

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny on Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:58 pm

He's already gotten such a shit-kicking from the media that I hesitate to pile on, buuuuut....Seriously, dude. Think THEN speak.

Also, I have seen him standing next to tiny Mila Kunis, and Marky Mark is wee. His wife would be more intimidating in a hostage situation.
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:30 am

Dear Mark:

It was a prosthetic.

Yours Truly,

Eyerollers Everywhere

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:44 am

mrinsouciance wrote:Dear Mark:

It was a prosthetic.

Yours Truly,

Eyerollers Everywhere
*slow clap*
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:49 pm

Maybe he meant that no terrorist would crash a plane with him on it because terrorists are such huge fans of his movies. Or he's an moron. I'm leaning towards the latter.
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  blooey on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:02 pm

That's an awful thing to say. I mean, that's obvious, but to me this is in a different league than those other dumb quotes about how women who don't use baby wipes are unclean or how rich people pay too much in taxes or how hard it is to be beautiful. What he's saying, more or less, is that the people on that plane deserved to die because they weren't good enough. I can't imagine why anyone would even think that, but then to actually verbalize it, and in an interview? At least have the common sense to keep it to yourself!

He really must be one of the dumbest people alive today, and it pains me that someone so stupid has been even a little bit successful.

mrinsouciance wrote:Dear Mark:

It was a prosthetic.

Yours Truly,

Eyerollers Everywhere

A+++++

blooey

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:22 pm

blooey wrote:What he's saying, more or less, is that the people on that plane deserved to die because they weren't good enough.

That's an excellent point; I hadn't thought of it that way. Ugh, that makes it even less defensible.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising on Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:38 pm

Mark Wahlberg alone? No.

Now, maybe if he'd brought along the Funky Bunch....
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:33 pm

I like some of Mark Wahlberg's movies, but he has always struck me as unbelievably dumb.
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  dreago on Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:35 pm

Does anyone know how he's responded to the furor? There was a furor, right?

dreago

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:47 pm

His response.

I enjoy him as an actor but yes hes always seemed like an idiot in real life.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:54 pm

I loved this quote from his apology:

“I had a journalist who was asking all the questions and I’m trying to promote a movie … It wasn’t like all of a sudden I just decided I was going to get on this soap box and start talking about my opinion of 9/11. I was there to talk about the movie.”

Like a journalist asking a lot of questions is something out of line for a celebrity interview. I can see how questions (especially lots of them!) would confuse and upset Mark.
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:09 pm

Well, he did blind that guy once when he was younger. But yeah. Just keep talking to animals, Mark.
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Escape on Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:00 pm

dreago wrote:Does anyone know how he's responded to the furor? There was a furor, right?

I'm not sure it was furor so much as people realizing he said something dumb. Again. It's Marky Mark... I've never met anyone that takes him that seriously.
Escape

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee on Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:33 am

mokey75 wrote:Well, he did blind that guy once when he was younger. But yeah. Just keep talking to animals, Mark.

And wasn't it a race-based attack? As in, they attacked the guy because he was Vietnamese?

I remember seeing an interview where Marky-Mark was all dismissive of the idea of apology and was like "it's cool, I've grown and can sleep at night." Well that's great that you feel good, but maybe the guy you blinded wouldn't mind you actually attempting to apologize. But don't worry, I'm sure he's satisfied that you're settled with yourself about it. I imagine that's his primary concern, that you're no longer upset or feeling guilty about your violent past.

Here's the quote, from wikipedia:

Commenting in 2006 on his past crimes, Wahlberg has stated: "I did a lot of things that I regretted and I have certainly paid for my mistakes." He said the right thing to do would be to try to find the blinded man and make amends, and admitted he has not done so, but added that he was no longer burdened by guilt: "You have to go and ask for forgiveness and it wasn't until I really started doing good and doing right, by other people as well as myself, that I really started to feel that guilt go away. So I don't have a problem going to sleep at night. I feel good when I wake up in the morning."

Fucking dick.

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  katesti on Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:41 am

Escape wrote:
dreago wrote:Does anyone know how he's responded to the furor? There was a furor, right?

I'm not sure it was furor so much as people realizing he said something dumb. Again. It's Marky Mark... I've never met anyone that takes him that seriously.

Other than himself.

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:00 pm

A girl I went to college with dated him briefly, post-Funky Bunch, pre-acting. She never had anything nice to say when you asked about him, though she never really said anything at all, come to think of it. Which says a lot, because we asked a lot of questions.
...that was a terrible anecdote. Sorry!
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyGayle on Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:09 am

Hold up. He BLINDED some guy? Because he was Vietnamese? I've never heard this before. And now he sleeps well at night because he "knows" he's a good person? What the actual fuck?

LadyGayle

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot on Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:08 am

Wasn't it during a gang fight or some such thing?
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee on Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:30 am

No, I think it was just becaue he and his thuggy friends were racist pieces of shit, and he decided to beat up a guy for kicks (and that wasn't the only event like that). From wikipedia:

Wahlberg claims to have been in trouble 20–25 times with the Boston Police Department as a youth. By the age of 13, Wahlberg had developed an addiction to cocaine and other substances. At 15, he harassed a group of black school children on a field trip by throwing rocks and shouting racial epithets.

When he was 16, Wahlberg approached a middle-aged Vietnamese man on the street and, using a large wooden stick, knocked him unconscious (while calling him "Vietnam fucking shit"). He also attacked another Vietnamese man, leaving him permanently blind in one eye, and attacked a security guard (again using racist language).

For these crimes, Wahlberg was charged with attempted murder, pleaded guilty to assault, and was sentenced to two years in jail at Boston's Deer Island House of Correction, of which he served 45 days. In another incident, the 21-year-old Wahlberg fractured the jaw of a neighbor in an unprovoked attack.

Some smoking gun files on his past:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/back-day-marky-marks-rap-sheet-0

Specific details of the attack on the Vietnamese men here - turns out the second attack was after he used the guy to help shield him from the police who were after him for the first attack:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/back-day-marky-marks-rap-sheet-0?page=6

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf on Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:40 pm

Blake Lively.
I hope to have a few girls one day. If not girls, they better be trannies. Because I have some amazing shoes and bags and stories that need to be appreciated.
Children rarely appreciate their parents fashions or stories. Can they really be that good? I can't imagine that the answer is yes.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:44 pm

Eh. She probably has some good stories, Blake. Her clothes are more hit and miss for me.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny on Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:49 pm

Red Wolf wrote:Blake Lively.
I hope to have a few girls one day. If not girls, they better be trannies. Because I have some amazing shoes and bags and stories that need to be appreciated.
Children rarely appreciate their parents fashions or stories. Can they really be that good? I can't imagine that the answer is yes.

I feel like asking a 24-year-old with no current marriage plans (and a boyfriend who may be real and may be just for publicity) about her future children is an excellent way to get a ridiculous answer like that. I'm pretty sure my standard answer about motherhood when I was that age was, "No, I'm too busy drinking."
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude on Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:12 pm

Cuba Gooding Jr is sick of people asking him to say his catchphrase.

Which makes him 16 years behind the rest of us.
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  tothemax on Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:39 pm

Maybe if he made a decent movie people would forget about that catchphrase, but since his next movie is Snow Dogs 2: Titanic v. Predator, he should just smile, nod, and be happy that four words have allowed him to make a steady living.

tothemax

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top