Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soap Operas

+19
Heather
Arabella
Jude
sunni94
Carrie Ann
filwdork
Never Enough
TiffanyNichelle
cathy51
LadyGayle
Cutebutpsycho
stephentrendy
big chicken
Swarley
ulkis
blixie
biakbiak
Gillian
Kiran
23 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Soap Operas Empty Soap Operas

Post  Kiran Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:17 pm

Starting with news that made me rage. Jonathan Jackson quits GH. Why? They wouldn't lighten his work load and wouldn't pair him back with Rebecca Herbst.

I hate this show, since you know, that's all the fans want too.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Soap Operas Empty Re: Soap Operas

Post  Gillian Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:34 pm

WHAT??? Jeez. This is extremely annoying. At least now Vanessa Marcil will know that it's not just the girls they won't lighten schedules for. And I bet that somewhere, Greg Vaughan is pissed.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:35 pm

Seriously, I don't get what they are thinking. Lets not put back a hugely popular pairing when the actors love working together and have great chemistry!

I am not sure I could hate his facial hair more.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:48 pm

It just seems bizarre to me because I don't think the fans want Lucky to go through so much tragedy and yes honestly, its such a waste that they brought back JJ and never actually had him and RH BE A COUPLE.

His facial hair is atrocious. Honestly, I'd have just let him have some time off. But hey, why do that when we can devote more time to James Franco's performance art and the mob.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:05 am

I think when they do the recast they should run a series of ads encouraging people to come "Meet the Fake Lucky!"
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:36 am

Truth: I grew to love Greg Vaughn's Lucky. He wasn't *really* Lucky, but I did feel like he eventually found the core heart of the character, even if he could never play his intelligence or history. Hee.

And really this is just same shit different soap, because OLTL has had Roger Howarth back since May and has allowed him to have substantive scenes with Kassie de Paiva like four times. Maybe. And TPTB are hell bent on playing out some lame ass triangle with Ted King whose character had potential to be a worthy third at one point but is now just a pathetic creep. Yeah I can't imagine why Roger hasn't jumped on the PP version of the show yet.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:14 pm

I liked GV a lot too. I just love JJ more.

I have to say thought at least OLTL allowed Todd to tell Blair shes the one and hes actively pursuing her. That show has a hard on for Tea though for some ungodly reason.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:18 pm

Starting with news that made me rage. Jonathan Jackson quits GH. Why? They wouldn't lighten his work load and wouldn't pair him back with Rebecca Herbst.

I don't quite believe the former, believe the latter a little bit. GH has 12 weeks when the set is dark, and JJ/Lucky never appeared more than 3 days a week mostly. Honestly I think no matter what he was gonna leave when his contract was up. He wants to focus on his band.

As for working with RH, I can't completely blame them, maybe they didn't know what to do. There are a LOT of people who never wanted LL2 again. It's kind of like the LA/Kristina situation, opnion was divided down the middle. But I think many of the fans who came back with JJ were LL2 fans. I think as soon as they knew JJ was coming back they should have had Liz stop sleeping with Nikolas. But they didn't because they short-sightedly wanted to give him an Emmy day, even though they could have had that confrontation if they stopped the affair sooner. If they had softened up the storyline, I think they could have gotten more people on board with LL2. But Guza and Frons stupidly didn't value Liz (hence the firing and hey, oops, we didn't realize Herbst/Liz was popular, we'll rehire!).

Also, I wanted Geary gone like yesterday and I'm pretty sure with the exit of Jackson Luke is going to be even more intolerable somehow.

Last edited by ulkis on Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:41 pm

I have to say thought at least OLTL allowed Todd to tell Blair shes the one and hes actively pursuing her. That show has a hard on for Tea though for some ungodly reason.

The Tea stuff is why I can't appreciate that Todd is all about Blair, when it's all lip service and not actual scenes of interaction on my tv screen. The back stage dirt is that Roger made peace cakes with Flo and Kassie, but I get the impression Flo was less forgiving than Kassie and much MUCH happier working with TSJ, and basically wanted no part of a romance with Roger's Todd, which hasn't stopped Ron from writing anything but T&B, every other story Todd has is more important: Irene, Louie, Victor, Jack.

Ron has openly stated his antipathy towards Blair as a character and Todd and Blair as couple, so to have him writing their reunion sucks beyond the telling. Luckily Roger and Kassie have chemistry magic that can subvert any and all shit writing and has for 15 years.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:48 pm

My fear with JJ's leaving (and maybe this is the worst case scenario but its GH) is that Lulu's wish that Lucky got shot instead of Dante will come through and he will die. I can see them thinking thats an epic tragic story.

I don't watch GH to end. Too many soaps are ending as it is. I want it to get a writer that doesn't hate the genre. Which is apparently impossible.

And I don't know. While he may have only been on three days a week he also had a LOT of heavier material. And this show is well known to have people quit for that same reason. See also Vanessa Marcil and Genie Francis. The only person they accommodate for is Geary. As for LL2, I think while there is a vocal minority opposed to them, the majority of fans did want to see them together. But either way I think its been about ten years since GH cared what the fans thought. Otherwise they wouldn't have Laura being slandered all day and Luke dissing their marriage.

Last edited by Kiran on Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:51 pm

Ugh, if they kill Lucky off, not only would it be idiotic, they might use it to have an excuse to give Laura an off-screen relapse, because in what world would Laura not come if Lucky died? No no, let us not speak of Lucky dying until we come to it, otherwise I'm gonna give myself an ulcer.

Last edited by ulkis on Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:52 pm

Maybe, but this GH. It loves its fake foreshadowing, tragic fated bullshit.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:08 pm

Did you read the Michael Fairman interview with Francis? She said she actually liked the breakdown story in 2002 (which I hated liked fire, and hate that they are bringing that up again so often now. HATE.) So I think she would have liked meatier material with less airtime.

I don't think VM was ever gonna stay more than a year either, but who knows. Didn't help that her return was worse than JJ's. The ONLY good thing about her return was the S&B wedding.

As for LL2, I think while there is a vocal minority opposed to them, the majority of fans did want to see them together.

I agree, but I'm not surprised the show wasn't able to realize that, and I mean that non-sarcastically.

The only person they accommodate for is Geary.

I want him gone. So. Much. Which makes me sad. But him coming back from vacation and STILL complaining that his family made him do an intervention? grrrrrrrrr. Wish he'd jump off of a cliff. Plus it would give the rest of the cast good material.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Swarley Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:24 pm

So the only reason I had to watch GH just quit? Looks like I can say goodbye to GH now then. I have to say though. I'm one of the people who didn't want Liz & Lucky to get back together. I just find Liz so insufferable lately. You know how all the characters (aka Carly) talk about how she seems to think she's so much better than everyone else? Well, I think, and I can't believe I'm saying this, that Carly might be right. It's just a few things I've noticed lately. I think mostly had to do with Siobhan. Speaking of, Siobhan! I wasn't a big fan but that's who I wanted to see Lucky paired with. Someone new and exciting. Not that Siobhan was exciting but at least she was new.

Swarley

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:13 pm

lol, We'll have to agree to disagree because I am just a huge LnL2 fan from way back. I have no objectivity.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:06 pm

All My Children won't be going on line, One Life to Live will make the transition.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:29 pm

So Kim McC (Robin, GH) is leaving of her own volition. Do you think a) the actors think that GH will probably be extended past 2012 or b) they know it's getting canceled and that's why they want to leave before the actual end. Gotta say, if it's b) is it really so much worse to finish out a canceled soap than leaving briefly before it's canceled? If it's a) can't say I blame them for leaving if they think it's going to go on another couple of years.

Also there was a recent interview with the Ethan actor talking about how it's unfortunate that his contract is up soon just as this "storyline" he has is heating up. Gotta say, if he's thinking about leaving . . . fly little bird, fly.

Also he confirmed his accent is completely fake - I heard that he did have an Australian one but just exaggerated it, but nope, he said he sounds like he's from Texas normally.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:22 pm

This is likely a futile hope but I want Robin to leave Port Charles alive and free and not on the run or in hiding. Robin was never my favorite character but she and I are roughly the same age and she's the daughter of two of my most favorite characters ever. I want her to have her happy ending. While I'm at it, I want a unicorn and Ben Barnes.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:06 am

The rumor I heard is the fan favorite character turned serial killer gets her. I hate this show.

But I also heard a rumor that the of her own volition is exaggerated and the fan favorite actress they were trying to get rid of was her. So that just made me hate this show MORE.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:13 am

I haven't watched recently who is now a serial killer?
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:14 am

Where'd you hear the rumor kiran? I really do think it was KMc's decision to leave. I've been hearing speculation that she wanted to work on her directing for a while. And I think if it was them they'd be pushing JT out too.

Oh there's a rumor that there's gonna be a character who's gonna be a serial killer? But that's actually an unconfirmed rumor. But knowing this show, probably true.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:19 am

There was a blind item. I think it was from Soaps in Depth.

I think you are too kind on them. They seem to like Patrick more then Robin.

I don't think its an unconfirmed rumor. The writers/producers gave an interview to SOD and said that it was going to be like the tv show Dexter.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:24 am

Oh really? I only saw that it was on the Daytime Dish site.

I think you are too kind on them. They seem to like Patrick more then Robin.

No waysaballs. :) I think they are jackasses. I just don't think they are subtle or smart enough to put that much effort into pushing her out inch by inch, I just think they would have done it a la Becky Herbst.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:37 am

So clearly what should happen is that Ethan is the serial killer and then right after he kills Robin, it was discovered that the DNA test was a fake and he was actually Robert and Holly's son, so they will have ruined everything for everything. Or hell bring back Robert, Anna, Laura and Sean and they can be a four person serial killer machine, and kill off every legacy character except for Jason and then Jason, Sonny, and Carly can kill them accidentally during some sort of messed up mob business.

biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:54 am

I have no idea what any serial killer rumor is about, but now I'm afraid that Lucky is going to kill Robin on his way off the show.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum