Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soap Operas

+19
Heather
Arabella
Jude
sunni94
Carrie Ann
filwdork
Never Enough
TiffanyNichelle
cathy51
LadyGayle
Cutebutpsycho
stephentrendy
big chicken
Swarley
ulkis
blixie
biakbiak
Gillian
Kiran
23 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Soap Operas - Page 4 Empty Re: Soap Operas

Post  blixie Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:43 pm

Todd and Blair are KILLING me on GH this week, this tease of them is just *beautiful* sweet and sad, and OMG just hire her full time for my personal sanity FranknRon. Jamie Giddens claims the reason they haven't offered a full contract is because Prospect Park owns the rights to the character of Blair until the end of August and the only reason she hasn't been there from the get with ME, is because they didn't want to pay out the nose for both, and of COURSE they valued Easton more. Whatevs. I think she'll for sure be back either way.

I'm actually enjoying quite a bit of the rest of the show too, Patrick's hyper sudden pill addiction, Lulu/Dante, Trey/Michael/Starr, Cray Cray Heather and Todd and her BLT's, I'm loving Sam/Todd, and am *tolerating* Carly. My world is upside down.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:46 pm

Jason was absent this week. Coincidence that thus this week was decent? Maybe a slight one, but I tend to think not, heh.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:41 am

Soap Jesus has answered our collective prayers: Steve Burton is OUT!

Also I love his logic. Hmm the show is improving, time to get out NOW.

Weirdly I would actually be up for recast only because Jason is a legacy and there is a story to tell about him being re-Q'd, but gone forever works good too.

This on top of the glorious Duke Lavery reveal has me truly excited for GH in the first time in over a decade.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:25 pm

I don't get it. HOW DOES JILL FARREN PHELPS KEEP GETTING HIRED!!!!

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Never Enough Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:14 pm

blixie wrote:Also I love his logic. Hmm the show is improving, time to get out NOW.

The feeling I got from the interview is he has wanted out for awhile, but couldn't sell his California house. Then with his contract being up and he was able to sell in 8 weeks, the timing worked out for him.

Never Enough

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:24 pm

The feeling I got from the interview is he has wanted out for awhile, but couldn't sell his California house.

I think that is largely bullshit. I think he only decided this a) When Guza/Phelps got fired b) when Michael Easton swooped in and took half his screen time and almost all of his love interest c) that if he stayed he'd be facing a pay cut. He wasn't QB1 anymore, that was the only GH situation he was ever willing to work with.

If he doesn't end up at Y&R I'd be really really surprised.

HOW DOES JILL FARREN PHELPS KEEP GETTING HIRED!!!!

Not that I disagree because FRANKIE FRAME, but Typhoid Jill was responsible for some good soap in her day at Santa Barbara and Guiding Light (the black out). I do think she has a way of making a show largely *look* good, she's strong at the technical aspects, and sucks at every creative story based one.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Never Enough Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:54 pm

blixie wrote:
The feeling I got from the interview is he has wanted out for awhile, but couldn't sell his California house.

I think that is largely bullshit. I think he only decided this a) When Guza/Phelps got fired b) when Michael Easton swooped in and took half his screen time and almost all of his love interest c) that if he stayed he'd be facing a pay cut. He wasn't QB1 anymore, that was the only GH situation he was ever willing to work with.

Ah, good points. I haven't watched GH in years, but he did mention the regiem changes. What a baby.

Never Enough

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:06 pm

i don't think that's totally true. He was on the show for a decade before he became top dog. I think he really did want to go out and move to Nashville for a while, but probably was too lazy/felt he would be foolish leaving such a cushy gig. Now it's not quite so cushy so that's the prompt he needs to do what he's really wanted to do for a while, aka go to Tennessee.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:37 pm

Yeah I should have said it was the only situation he was willing to *continue* to work in, but I do not think he was hanging ten until his house sold. I think the new regime motivated him to sell the house and quit, and even then if they'd given him the money and terms he wanted I'm sure he would of worked that commute out.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:58 pm

It's be hilarious if they recast Burton with Sean Kanan. The precedent was set with Sarah Brown being cast as Claudia.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:57 pm

blixie wrote:Yeah I should have said it was the only situation he was willing to *continue* to work in, but I do not think he was hanging ten until his house sold. I think the new regime motivated him to sell the house and quit, and even then if they'd given him the money and terms he wanted I'm sure he would of worked that commute out.

Agreed.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  filwdork Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:41 pm

Um so has anyone else been watching GH recently??

filwdork

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:51 pm

Hell yes. And then Faison ripped off his LIFE LIKE rubber mask....sigh I want my for realsies Duke though at the end of this.

Also AJ is back and he is LOVE.

Last edited by blixie on Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:55 pm

Wait so Robin is alive?
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:58 pm

Yes but she's being held captive and ECT'd by Not Duke who is most likely Faison. At least Ian Buchanan and Kim got to have a somewhat beautiful couple of moments together before he ripped his rubber mask off!

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:11 pm

Yes, this show has been crazy lately. I'm loving it. I also haven't hated a character in a long time as much as I hate the bitchy doctor trying to get with Patrick.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  filwdork Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:31 pm

So awesome lately. I'm really enjoying seeing all the old people pop up! Plus AJ!

Also ditto on that terrible doctor lady. She's the worst.

filwdork

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:37 pm

Fuck Yeah, Faison is in the house, and as ever he is a FREAK. And then and then Real Duke is still alive feeding Caesar bad info to trip him up. But only with Robin? Okay Ron, this totally wasn't a swerve.

Today was brilliant: AJ tellling his son he'll go to jail if that is what it takes to still be in his life, Monica slapping the taste out of Carly's mouth, Michael claiming AJ as his dad and given Carly his sad panda version of cuteye, Sean Kanan/Laura Wright lighting my screen on fire just via antagonism, plans to redo the Nurses Ball. So much good. It's Ron so it will all go pear shaped at some point but when he's on, he's on like mofo.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:25 pm

I've been catching up on a the past couple of weeks' worth of GH while putting out Christmas decorations (they had me at Duke Lavery Mission Impossible mask), and I keep wondering. Do we know what Kimberly McCullough's status is with the show? Is she back? Is she coming back eventually? Is she just agreeing to come by the set when she has time? I'm loving all the Scorpio/Duke/Faison action, and I'm going to be pissed if it doesn't ultimately end with Robin reuniting with her family.

Also, AJ! I'm so stoked! I loved Billy Warlock as AJ, I'm not gonna lie, but I love that Sean Keenan's AJ looks so related to Steve Burton's Jason and also looks like he could pound Sonny into the ground with minimal effort. Also, JASON IS DEAD AND I AM SO HAPPY! I'm clinging to this death for as long as it lasts.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:50 pm

She's still gone, just available for sporadic appearances, unless there's something else we don't know. I imagine if she reunited with Patrick anytime soon they'll both be on recurring status.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:11 pm

Ew, are AJ and Carly going to have hate sex?

Really enjoying having him back, BTW. The only thing I'm disliking on GH right now is the Lulu/Dante/Maxie storyline because it's going in such a predictably painful direction and I love those three more than anyone on the show so I hate seeing them sad.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Swarley Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:36 pm

Lucy Coe stabbing John "I'm not a Vampire" McBain nearly in the heart today was hilarious. I wondered if they were going to address the whole Port Charles issue and I loved that that was how they went about it. There's not enough vampire slaying on television since Buffy ended.

Ew, are AJ and Carly going to have hate sex?

I was kind of... rooting for it? Those two have great chemistry from what I've seen. Not to mention now Todd is in jail and Johnny is still married so Carly needs a man. Some man. Any man.

Swarley

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:45 pm

Ha, I posted that in the middle of the episode, but kind of came around on them by the end. Still don't think I want them together, but I could appreciate them as friends.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:14 pm

I was kind of... rooting for it? Those two have great chemistry from what I've seen.

I am absolutely rooting for hate sex and *more* for Carly/AJ, the Monica/Alan story they should have had 15 years ago. And LW/SK's chemistry is INSANE (just as good as SJB/Sean were during the ONS) Also I just do not give shit about Liz and him, so if that's the alternative I'll lose a whole lotta of rooting interest in his storyline.

I mean I love Sean Kanan's AJ, but the love will be muted and dim.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:31 am

Swarley wrote:Lucy Coe stabbing John "I'm not a Vampire" McBain nearly in the heart today was hilarious. I wondered if they were going to address the whole Port Charles issue and I loved that that was how they went about it. There's not enough vampire slaying on television since Buffy ended.

WAIT. WHAT? LUCY COE IS BACK? IS DOC BACK TOO?
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum