Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gossip Girl

+14
truecrystal
big chicken
Luciano
Soleil
TiffanyNichelle
dday515
dionneshea
alexdegenhardt
blixie
laurelin_kit
choubetcha
dreago
whatthedeuce
Lindsay Weir
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Gossip Girl Empty Gossip Girl

Post  Lindsay Weir Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:54 pm

Are these people supposed to be in college? It seems like they all skipped straight to careers.

Lindsay Weir

Back to top Go down

Gossip Girl Empty Re: Gossip Girl

Post  whatthedeuce Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:29 am

Dan and Blair are the only things that can ever get me to tune in. I haven't watched any of this season though because I just can't stomach Chuck Bass. Instead, I watch Dair scenes on a Dair YouTube channel.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  dreago Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:48 pm

I actually like that they are giving CB some character development. Sometimes I feel that this show completely ignores growth. I know this season is supposed to be a call back to season one but yeah, not a fan. It just seems like everyone has some kind of Flowers for Algernon disease.

No matter how gross CB may be, it's hard to write him off completely because Ed Westwick does such a great job. I'm a big Dair fan, but I am resigned to reading all about their epic love in fan fiction. I'm prepared for the epic love of Chair following some kind of tragic accident for Blair because it does seem that Blair is the one who is constantly punished by the universe. Or the baby is Chuck's and she has to work to earn his forgiveness. So in the end, it's not that I hate Chuck Bass, I hate the writers.

Oh, on a tangential note: I have it on very good authority that Gossip Girl is a huge hit in the state correctional system. I'm still trying to get a good answer on why, so far I've only been told that any show with beautiful women doing bad things is popular with the men in prison, but I wasn't able to follow up on why GG and not 90210 or something.

dreago

Back to top Go down

Post  choubetcha Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:56 pm

Yeah, this season has been pretty dull. I do like Chuck and Blair, so I don't mind their screentime, but I find Dan and Blair more interesting just because we haven't gone to that well a hundred times. Plus, the writers waited so long to play the Dan and Blair card and then they almost immediately put it back in the deck in favor of a triangle with some random guy we've never met and a pregnancy storyline that can't possibly end well. I mean, what's the best case here? I'm having a hard time picturing B running around with a baby.

I laughed my ass off at the ending of this week's episode where Rufus solemnly tells Dan his book has dropped off the bestseller list. You mean Dan's book, that must be the Gary Stu-iest book ever, that he put no effort into getting published, that was somehow a massive hit with huge movie interest, that landed at #8 on the bestseller list, is now no longer on the list? Oh, the humanity!

Dan needs some better storylines.

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:58 am

dreago, even hardened criminals can tell Blair is an HBIC. It's as simple as that. Okay, not really. Since I haven't watched any of this season, is she still going on about fairy tale crap? My eyes almost got stuck to the back of my head from me rolling them so hard all last season with her prince/fairy tale B.S.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  dreago Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:49 am

That was WEAK. I knew it wasnt heading any place good when Chuck and Blair didnt even kiss. Where was the epic passion? I mean, no matter how twisted they get, c&b are usually sexy. A hand kiss?!?!!!!! Really?!!?! I fear we are heading towards another Chuck Bass amnesia trip or Blair feels guilty and decides to give Louis another chance. Sigh. I was moved by the part where Dan tells Blair he wouldn't have a problem loving another man's baby. I always think that the concept is much more tragic than how it was portrayed on the show.

dreago

Back to top Go down

Post  laurelin_kit Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:54 am

whatthedeuce wrote:Dan and Blair are the only things that can ever get me to tune in. I haven't watched any of this season though because I just can't stomach Chuck Bass. Instead, I watch Dair scenes on a Dair YouTube channel.

I've resisted long enough. How can I get to this youtube channel?
laurelin_kit
laurelin_kit

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:36 am

It's Dare2Dair, and it's perfect if, like me, you can't stomach the rest of the show.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:49 am

Aw, Dan's depression hair aside, Dair are super awesome. I loved that when she was having a crisis, and she needed advice she could respect she went to Dan for comfort/support. I wish she could realize how much Dan means to her, that her relationship with him is certainly more significant than the one she has with Louis who is at this point only a symbol and a sperm donor. Leighton does her best to portray real feelings for Louis as a person, but there is just nothing there in the writing to support it.

I was moved by the part where Dan tells Blair he wouldn't have a problem loving another man's baby.

What I loved about that is he managed to state it in way that wasn't about point scoring at all. You could tell how much he loved her and how much he really did wish he was in Chuck's shoes, while also knowing he absolutely is no where near Chuck's shoes. How does this show not realize you are always going to root for the character who is in unrequited love?! Even with really bad hair!

In other storylines it only took five yeas but the show has finally given Nate something to do besides mack on randoms! Chase looks hot in his suits and the Spectator is a great avenue to have most of the core cast working there and interacting (or at least Blair/Dan/Serena/Nate). Also maybe it's UO but I like Ivy, and I want her to stick around.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  alexdegenhardt Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:33 am

whatthedeuce wrote:It's Dare2Dair, and it's perfect if, like me, you can't stomach the rest of the show.

Even though the last two episode were much better, I might have to look into that in the future.

I also think that Dair as friends manage to be more significant than Blair & Louis together. I never got that relationship in the first place. It just seems like Blair is just in it for the title, 'cause she wants to be a princess so bad.

And then there's Chuck. I don't hate the character, but I don't see Blair & Chuck's epic love either. To me, that had run it's course with the season finale where he slept with Jenny at the very latest. He traded her for a hotel, he treated her like crap and I seriously hate the writer's explanation for that is "I was scared of losing you".

I ship Dan and Blair together, but I wouldn't mind her ending up with somebody else all together. Because it's realistic that sometimes the attraction is one-sided. As long it's not Chuck. And currently also not Louis. I like Dair together because that seems the only way that Blair can just be. Not be darker with Chuck or lighter with Louis. Just be.

And it's cute that from time to time the writer pretend to remember Nate and write a plotline for him. To me, his character will always be like a adorable puppy.
alexdegenhardt
alexdegenhardt

http://alexdegenhardt.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dreago Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:22 am

The dream concept was cute but goddamn it was terribly acted. Distractingly bad. The wedding itself was seriously underwhelming. A lot of things were head-scratchy. Like Georgina's husband. I expected more glitz and glamour. I did not expect for Louis to go through with it BUT the whole marriage as show thing is one of my fave revenge plots from telenovelas.

Best of all? They're going forward with Dair! I doubt it will be forever but this really really really has potential for Blair to do some serious growing up. Because only a competely delusional child would have been like, "lets get married even after what just happened!" This pair can call each other out on their shit without causing permanent mental scarring. Of course, Gossip Girl has been very Roswell of late. Which is to say, lots of potential but poor execution.

Also Georgina has not been Gossip Girl. But she is now. That's my theory because noting else makes sense.

dreago

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:43 am

My question is, will MT take over the narrating responsibilities from Kristen Bell? Because I'm not down with that.

I tuned in, mostly because everything else tonight was a repeat, and I wasn't that into it, but I'm excited that Blair ran away with Dan and want to see what happens with those two.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:33 pm

dionneshea, I read your post while I was in a jury duty holding room and had to try not to squee out loud at the mention of Blair running off with Dan. For real.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  dday515 Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:25 am

I read somewhere that Kristen retains narrating rights!

So, is the Charley story over?

dday515

Back to top Go down

Post  choubetcha Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:21 pm

Am I misremembering that Cyrus is a divorce lawyer? Did Blair maybe not want to consult him for 5 minutes when she decided she needed to end her marriage posthaste? I can't get over that we are STILL suffering through prince storylines! How are they not off the show yet??

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:17 pm

So they are officially doing Dair now? Who knew all Dan had to do was just say he wanted her? Or maybe if Blair had just read the damn book we wouldn't have had to deal with Prince Louis this whole year.

I'd feel sorry for Serena having to watch Dan move on to Blair if she hadn't hooked up with Nate behind Blair's back or got with a billion dudes like Blair's stepbrother or Nate's cousin while Dan had to watch and just recently moved another guy into Dan's loft without his knowledge. So put away the sad puppy face Serena. Another new shiny guy will come by soon. But at least Serena and Blair have grown up a lot since high school and won't let guys get between them.

I'm over Chuck. If she absolutely wanted to be with you, she would be. Nothing would stop her. She's got the huge dowry hanging over her and she's still kissing Dan in public.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  dreago Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:39 am

I KNEW this shit was gonna happen. Didn't I say that there was no way Dair would be as racy as Chair and so, no matter how adorable they are, Dan and Blair are DOA if they can't make it sexy? Yup. Then I saw the promo. Jesus. The sad thing is that the last scene with the kissing was pretty sexy with Blair saying "Dan" over and over between kisses. Did Dan used to look at Serena that way? It's funny how Blair makes Dan seem more confident, commanding and sly- things Blair used to be known for. As controlling as Blair is, deep down inside she must be a secret sub (remember Chuck said, "I'm a sadist, not a masochist"), because last week when Dan said, "Blair, that's enough", she actual shut it and I bet dollars to donut(hee), that she liked it a little bit. Dan brings out a calmness in Blair that I miss. But then with next week's promo...the GG writers hate me.

Other than that little (huge) thing, I loved this episode. And weirdly, Ivy's red hair is growing on me. Her dress was to die for. There was something very Blair about it. I was amused that for once, Serena managed to dress appropriately.

Loving Georgina too. She's a little Kali that one and I also like that she seems to have some affection for poor stupid Phillip. If this were a better show, Phillip would become her achilles heel. After all, everyone has to love someone. If not wisely, nor well. If her plan is to fuck things up for Serena (which I don't quite get since I always thought she liked Serena in a Sapphic way) making her Gossip Girl is a pretty neat trick. Could you see Serena as a "stay at home mom"? HA!

All n all, loving my show again. Except for the whole insistence on not bringing the sexy back. I'd say I'd go look for it in fanfiction but I've actually very recently read a fic where the sex was not good. The Chair shippers are never going to shut up about it.

dreago

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:08 pm

no matter how adorable they are, Dan and Blair are DOA if they can't make it sexy? Yup. Then I saw the promo. Jesus. The sad thing is that the last scene with the kissing was pretty sexy with Blair saying "Dan" over and over between kisses. Did Dan used to look at Serena that way?

Aw, see that's why I'm not worried though (I mean aside from the shows ability to fizzle most things), Penn/Leighton are definitely rocking the sexy for me, even if it's not the same kind of sexy as Chuck/Blair. I was way more worried about Dan being behind the video (which I STILL can't believe) and lying about it, being the shows way to undo them before they started, but that turned out to be a non issue in classic GG style. Interestingly I think Dan becoming more of a schemer, might have won her over more than anything else.

Anyroad the badsex will just be the set up for the really amazing sex they have later! And like some people at TWoP pointed out it is shades of Sethummer.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:44 am

Yeah, there was never any chance that they'd make Dair as steamy as Chair. I think I kinda prefer it that way though since they're two very different relationships with very different dynamics. Not that I'm opposed to tons of Dair sexy times though, obviously!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  dreago Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:36 pm

Hmm, what gives? The preview I saw for the elevator scene showed more skin...
Still think Dair is the best thing to have happened to Dan and Blair. Honestly, I feel about them the way I felt about Spock/Uhura. I had no idea they were missing in my fandom life until I saw them together and was like, "oh. Oh. OH. How has this not always been a thing?! Wait, this HAS always been a thing and I'm just now finding out, right?" *Cue light shinning down from the clouds onto my head*

I pretty much fast forwarded everything else except Ivy being a pretty redhead and wearing pretty dresses. The one thing I will say against Blair is that I don't like how she is dressing lately.

dreago

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:25 am

Oh wow, I'm such a sap over Dair, I mean I used to be okay with the idea of Chair as a endgame, but now I'm totally not okay with that. Dair all the way! That final scene was so romantic/sweet/cute, and I loved seeing the two of them talk about their issues and conflicts like adults! Blair and Dan are so much better of without the dramalamas of Chuck/Serena in their love lives.

In other news I still love Nate and am still enjoying his Spectator storyline even though it is super redonk. It just seems like a good place for them to set the action in the final season.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:12 am

I really enjoyed this weeks episode, mostly because Dair continue to be adult/adorable in the way they actually address their issues, even if I think Blair was creating a your world/my world issue that hasn't existed for Dan in four years, and hasn't existed for her since their fake friendship the last two years. The UES is by now a big part of who Dan is, and almost all of Dair's great scenes have happened with Blair walking in the door of Dan's loft in Brooklyn and getting comfort/solace there. I really think she's more freaked about how their relationship works within their incestuous social circle and also that she's not used to being in a relationship w/o some extant angst and drama hanging over her head waiting to crush her happiness, that there is clearly NONE of that with Dan forced her to create some. Poor Blair literally doesn't know *how* to deal with happiness and a boyfriend willing to be with her on her terms.

I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying Lola, almost nothing made sense in terms of the Serena/Lola plot, but I enjoyed it just the same, and I do think Serena has good reasons to feel all alone/betrayed and embracing her bitch and being GG feels good. I'm bummed though that they broke up Nate/Lola, especially by having him stand by Serena, Nate dude how many times do you have to be snowed before you realize your character judgement chip is broken? Poor Dumb Nate. Cest la vie, he'll be macking on random soon. "I am confused and upset, someone PLEASE kiss me."

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:13 pm

This is the only show I'm willing to get spoiled about so that I can prepare myself for heartache or happiness, depending on how Dair is doing. How sad is that?

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  dreago Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:59 pm

Not sad at all! I've never cried over Gossip Girl, but when Dair break up, I'm think I'm going to cry. I haven't been this invested in a t.v. relationship in a really really really long time. Then again the "Seemingly Ice Queen+ Sensitive Beta Male" is my bulletproof pairing. Buffy/Spike, Aeryn/John, Blair/Dan, etc....

dreago

Back to top Go down

Post  Soleil Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:27 pm

Aw, Dreago, why do you think Dan and Blair will break up? I was still swooning over Chuck and Blair as recently as last season's Paris premiere, but as soon as Dan and Blair started their reluctant holiday friendship my allegiance switched over immediately.

True, I'm a little scared of Dan and Blair actually being a 100% dating couple now, since there is more show (and therefore more DRAMA) to go, but to me they are the couple that makes the most sense in endgame. I'd be curious to see the median ages of Chair versus Dair loyalists. Chuck/Blair has the epic tortured Twilight thing going on, but what I love about Dan/Blair is the fact that I can see them LIVING (as in doing life, not just in the moving in sense) together. Last week's closing scene of them lying in bed together, talking animatedly about whatever pretentious cultural references only the two of them get, warmed my heart. That's what made them feel like they could last. Their relationship isn't just all sexytimes (although what a relief that they have no problems in that department!), but is based on things that last longer than youth and beauty.

Interesting that this episode also had Rufus and Lily growing apart based on the financial differences of their two "worlds." Whereas I could take that as a harbinger of doom for Dan/Blair, I think the younger couple has loads more in common than Rufus and Lily ever did.

Soleil

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next