Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Community

+55
Kiran
Author By Night
Eris Rising
winncienzo
mandalaya
mo pie
Fraoch
epudom
dday515
Raksha
Case
Grainne Mhaol
eventide82
Bad Username
Rhilin
choubetcha
Corvus
SarahJanet
Never Enough
Mulva
jensa
BreezyK
biakbiak
Evil Lincoln
demgirl
sobe
elleth
bluebird
RiverThames
ActonBell
Caramel Coffee
Wildog27
nazlan
Matinee
punzy
Gilraen
Ji Xiang
NewYorkStranger
pizzagirl20
VodouDoll
killershrew
Bob Genghis Khan
caltrask55
Genevieve
punkysdilemma
Jamie
Instant Monkeys
Shalamar
jcpdiesel21
bookworm
The Dude
bbridges
laddical
blixie
queenofdenile
59 posters

Page 7 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 19  Next

Go down

Community  - Page 7 Empty Re: Community

Post  queenofdenile Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:13 pm

Has anyone seen this fan video for the show? Raise Your Glass. I love it.

Also, a video of all of Leonard's best moments: The Leonard of it all.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:01 pm

Oh man the Raise Your Glass vid had a clip of Troy at the Kegger is there for full of win.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  VodouDoll Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:03 pm

I need some advice, Snarkers! My friend is coming over tonight for a Community marathon. She's never seen the show, but from what she's heard she's pretty sure she'll love it. I have to figure out which episodes to show her to give her an overview and get her hooked, and I can't narrow it down! Here's my long list:

Advanced Criminal Law - Britta cheats on a test and Jeff defends her at a hearing in front of the Dean, Chang, and John Oliver
Physical Education - Jeff takes pool
Beginner Pottery - introducing Dr. Rich
Contemporary American Poultry - Abed becomes a chicken finger kingpin
Modern Warfare - paintballs
Accounting for Lawyers - they go to a party at Jeff's old firm; Drew Carey guest stars; the chloroform scene makes me laugh so hard I cry
Epidemiology - Halloween zombie episode
Cooperative Calligraphy - bottle episode
Conspiracy Theories and Interior Design - Professor Professorson and blanket fort
Mixology Certification - they go out for Troy's 21st birthday, kind of dark
Advanced Dungeons and Dragons - Pierce goes off the rails
Paradigms of Human Memory - the ep with all the fake flashbacks
Remedial Chaos Theory - just voted by Splitsider.com as the best sitcom episode of all time, beating out the Simpson's monorail ep and my favorite from Arrested Development, "Pier Pressure"
Horror Fiction in Seven Spooky Steps - one of the group is psycho and Britta tries to figure out who
Foosball and Nocturnal Vigilantism - Jeff, Shirley, foosball, Abed is Batman now.
Regional Holiday Music - Glee parody

What should I cut?

VodouDoll

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:13 pm

Start with the first Halloween episode, IMHO it was the first episode that really showed a glimpse at how good it could be.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:19 pm

I'd get rid of "Advanced Criminal Law" - I think it's one of the show's weaker offerings and the Jeff/Britta of all is wearying.

If you don't mind going out of chronological order, I'd also throw in "Introduction to Film," but not show it as the very first one. John Michael Higgins' "Dead Poet's Society" professor is a good example of the show's grasp of pop culture AND a glimpse of how weird Greendale is, and Abed's movie about his parents breaks my heart into tiny little pieces.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:43 pm

I could skip Foosball and Fiction in 7 steps loses some umf right after Choas Theory.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:38 am

Keith! I love Keith/Subway/Rick and want him back for good. "C'mon Subway, there is no way you're 5'10." "I'm here to take wierd classes, and party as hearty as my morality clause allows. Eat Fresh? Eat Fresh?" Hee.

I had no idea Greendale students were in the Army Reserves. I will pray for peace

Yay to Jeff/Annie rocking their awesome comedic/romantic chemistry, as ever. "16% of all people named Kim? Are men." "Put it in a letter Jane Austen!"

Britt-TAH's continues her MVP year with the 1984/corporate personhood, whorewomanship story. Pierce drinking the pens and his blue mouth afterwards. "Cattle, sheep, other animals that travel in herds, I wanna say...snakes?" I DIED.

Then the bit at the end with the Subway representative. I so totally missed that was a boner joke and for some reason the beats of it reminded me of classic Cleese-Python jokes.

The Pillow/Blanket Fort war was both very funny and super sad, with ponytail Dean Laybourne driving a wedge into the already cracking friendship.

"Oh look it's a coupon for 20% off at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. There's more where that came from."

Joke bomb I did not get until viewing #2, the dean saying "I was just googling record lengths of stuff." HA!

"Everyone wins! Except Abed, but y'know not everyone can win." Hee.

Then Starburns losing it, and the generic Pirates type theme music? My name is ALEX! Hee can't wait to see the conclusion to this next week.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:55 am

Pop pop, Captain.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:19 pm

Sort of damning with faint praise, but good news for renewal Community highest rated show on NBC second week in a row.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:48 pm

biakbiak wrote:Sort of damning with faint praise, but good news for renewal Community highest rated show on NBC second week in a row.

I always take 30 Rock's jokes about NBC's bad ratings in context of how Community hasn't been renewed yet. Do they have anything on deck that would get better ratings?

"You're saying I'd make out with someone forgetable?!"

"That's Saved Garreth?"
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:05 pm

blixie wrote:Then the bit at the end with the Subway representative. I so totally missed that was a boner joke and for some reason the beats of it reminded me of classic Cleese-Python jokes.
HAHAHA, I did not get that at all.

Then Starburns losing it, and the generic Pirates type theme music?
Sounded a lot like Game of Thrones music, to me...

Now THAT is how to do mandatory Subway product placement. Biggest Loser, I'm looking at you.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:34 pm

The Subway/Britta storyline was amazing and so hilarious. I loved Travis Schuldt on Scrubs, and he was so much fun as Subway/Rick.

Pierce continually drinking the pen ink was hilarious. I love how the show has essentially returned Pierce to his season 1 personality; he's been so much more enjoyable this season as a result.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:51 am

So it was only a matter of time but it looks like Dan Harmon and Chevy Chase are trying to out douchebag each other.

I feel bad that the cast is caught in the middle of two guys who are 12 year olds, but hopefully this get's resolved sooner rather than later. I'm a Chevy apologist (in that I often think he is every bit as hilarious as he thinks he is), but on this show it's just way too easy to live without him. I do kind of have to wonder about people who hire Chevy, at this point it's like buying DEATH brand cigarettes, not exactly news that he is going to cause you lung disease and cancer.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:31 pm

How big a prick do you have to be to generate sympathy for Chevy?
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:43 pm

Oh, dear. Chevy does have a history of getting a swollen head when he's on a hit show; apparently believing that he is the sole reason why the show is a hit.

How big a prick do you have to be to generate sympathy for Chevy?

No kidding. Saying "F*** you" to Chevy in front of his family and encouraging others to do likewise? Not cool.
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:05 pm

I think Dan Harmon is hilarious (his tweets often make me laugh out loud), but before this all came out, I got the impression that he's very hard to work with. Plus it annoys me on the dvd commentaries when he will not shut up and let anyone else talk.
Jamie
Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post  BreezyK Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:09 pm

I agree, Jamie and have felt that way since his interview with The AV Club where he talked about season 2 ( hereis the last entry, with links to the previous 3). Everything was so much about HIM and his struggles to put on this show. Contrast that with Michael Schur's walkthrough and it just sounds so labored and difficult. I think that comes through in the shows themselves.

BreezyK

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:16 pm

Dan's comments on the situation. The self-loathing is evident!
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  sobe Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:34 am

Jamie wrote:I think Dan Harmon is hilarious (his tweets often make me laugh out loud), but before this all came out, I got the impression that he's very hard to work with. Plus it annoys me on the dvd commentaries when he will not shut up and let anyone else talk.

It's been better this season, but during Seasons 1 and 2, he was incredibly thin-skinned on Twitter and would go off on on fans for voicing relatively soft criticisms. Yeah, it was kinda rude to tweet that stuff at him, but a lot of time the stuff that set him off was pretty mild, and he should've just ignored them. I love his show, but he seems dickish.

sobe

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:44 pm

I'm ready to put this episode on the classics list. Mentally I was thinking the only thing keeping it from being perfect was that it wasn't celebs reading the letters, but the joke at the end pulled that out. Never can get enough Keith David

"We're you in the Cape?"

"If I wrote my thoughts down in a Hello Kitty Dairy would you like me again?"

The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:20 pm

It almost physically hurt me when Troy and Abed read what they wrote about each other.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  jensa Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:42 pm

"Leonard likes this post."

This may be one of my favorite episodes ever. I knew it was Keith David, but I had forgotten that he was on The Cape until the end. And the pledge drive ending made it perfect.
jensa
jensa

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:43 pm

I'm glad they didn't drag Troy and Abed's fight out longer than a few episodes. I like them best when they're being weird best friends.

Also, as a Librarian, it made me realize that future documentaries are actually going to be like that! Stupid electronic communication!
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  VodouDoll Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:50 pm

queenofdenile wrote:It almost physically hurt me when Troy and Abed read what they wrote about each other.

Oh, god, me too. Poor Troy.

VodouDoll

Back to top Go down

Post  Genevieve Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:24 pm

The ending had me on the floor. And that was the finest PBS pledge-break ever.
Genevieve
Genevieve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum