Community

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Community

Post  blixie on Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:27 pm

I would probably start with some Troy and Abed tags. If he is immune to the Spanish rap and krumping then it's maybe not for him.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile on Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:35 pm

When you said Big Bang Theory and It's Always Sunny, I immediately thought of "nerds" and "off-kilter/weird." So I would recommend anything Abed-heavy (like the Troy and Abed tags) or "Environmental Science" from season 1. I think the "Somewhere Out There" number is weird and sweet enough to hook skeptics.
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm on Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:49 pm

killershrew wrote:How do I get Mr. Shrew to watch this show? He and I watched the pilot episode and hated it. I gave it a second chance recently because I kept hearing how funny it was, and because his initial reaction was so negative he refuses to watch it and I am reduced to watching it on Hulu at work during my lunch break. What can I tell him that will get him to watch the show? (FWIW, in sitcoms he likes The Big Bang Theory and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.)

I always felt that the first Halloween episode was the one where they really showed how funny the show can be.
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  NewYorkStranger on Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:50 pm

It's getting put "on the bench for a bit."
NewYorkStranger

Back to top Go down

Post  Ji Xiang on Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:00 pm

What? NOOOOO!

My favorite comment is, "I want to see the other timeline."

Ji Xiang

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:08 pm

WHAT????
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Gilraen on Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:18 pm

I literally exclaimed "NOOOOOOOOO" out loud when I read that. That sucks.

Gilraen

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:27 pm

Fuck me, I knew I would pay for my optimism. That Chelsea Handler show looks terrible and will therefore do better numbers and my show will be cancelled. SHIT.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile on Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:37 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

WHY DOES GOD HATE ME?!

Now the most I'll hope for is that they can at least finish out the season. :(
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  caltrask55 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:58 pm

Excuse my language but this is fucking bullshit.

caltrask55

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile on Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:02 pm

Of all the major networks, NBC seems the most committed to killing off quality programming. They're not exactly streets ahead when recognizing good quality or making good business decisions.

I know the ratings are bad, but ALL of NBC's shows have been bleeding ratings, and nothing is going to do well up against The Big Bang Theory. So now 30 Rock will just suffer in ratings up against TBBT. Nice job, NBC.

Would that this desk were a time desk, so I could fix the network's mistakes.
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  pizzagirl20 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:22 pm

It's like NBC is actively doing things to make me not watch the network. I can count on one hand the amount of shows I watch on it now.

Maybe they should try and establish another night for comedy that isn't up against Big Bang Theory.

I'm nervous that they'll just finish the rest of this season as a one-off this summer or something, and I"ll have to hunt to find when the episodes are airing.
pizzagirl20

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile on Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:30 pm

I'm not watching NBC again if they cancel this without letting it finish the season. I used to love 30 Rock but it's gotten kind of boring for me as of late, and I don't watch any other NBC show.

Granted, I did make a similar threat about FOX when they canceled Arrested Development, but hell, that was never going to happen, because I am one of those viewers who will watch The Simpsons until the very end, where I do not have any such loyalty to other NBC programming.

Dammit, Jeff. Why'd you have to roll a 1? Now Evil Troy and Evil Abed are trying to destroy the show.
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy on Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:51 pm

To make room for a Chelsea Handler show? WTF!?! Booo, NBC, boooooooo.

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:00 am

queenofdenile wrote:I'm not watching NBC again if they cancel this without letting it finish the season. I used to love 30 Rock but it's gotten kind of boring for me as of late, and I don't watch any other NBC show.

Agreed. I hadn't even noticed that it wasn't back yet because I didn't care anymore. Last season sucked.

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  nazlan on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:08 am

Dear NBC,

Suck less.
nazlan

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:12 am

Since I am pretty confident a bunch of other stuff is going to fail I feel like Community will come back. And Sony is committed to getting it's shows to syndication level (which is one more season) and will make the show ridiculously cheap for NBC (see the story of Til Death.)
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude on Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:17 am

That's some Dean Pelton levels of stupidity there.
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile on Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:50 am

Is everyone still too depressed over the hiatus news to comment on tonight's episode?

I loved it. Maybe not quite as much as the original documentary episode since that was part of a larger character arc, and this was more of a standalone. But while I can only take Chang in small doses, I never get tired of the Dean, and this was a fine showcase for him.

A lot of moments cracked me up but I'm not sure if anything got to me more than the image of Jeff in the bald cap, followed by him getting way too into character as the Dean, and then desperately pleading to keep it on because he "made bald friends." Oh, my sides.

My second favorite thing was Troy and Britta trying to hug each other in comfort when talking about the Dean, only to recoil and sob simultaneously when it triggered the 12-hour shooting of the scene. And the end with them having a long hug honestly got to me in a good way. I don't know if I care about long-term 'ships anymore as long as the show keeps teasing us with different combinations.
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:22 am

Nope I really liked it too, but I'm this shows slappy/bitch so that's not a big surprise. Also Troy cried, instant win. I haven't even hashed out all the layers of meta at play either (Pelton as Coppola and Jeff as Brando/Kurtz, hee), but it was just awesome on it's own merits.

"He must be a genius, because if he's not, than I just gave two weeks of my life to an idiot!" Alison Brie was gold.

And yes I loved the hug/recoil moment too. I found Jeff's heartfelt genuine forgiveness of the Dean REALLY touching, especially after last week when HE TWEETED IT! When you've video karoke'd A Kiss From A Rose with a man, your bonded for life. But seriously I think this is more evidence of how vulnerable and at sea Jeff is, and the push/pull he's had since he stumbled into these people who have made his life both better and much more difficult.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee on Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:47 am

I thought it was great. I like Jeff, but it was good to have a clearly non-Jeff episode (and one where the group were actually all part of the ensemble more than lead, even given Abed at the POV). Troy and Britta traumatized on the floor was also hilarious and I of course loved their hug at the end (I'm not a shipper but those two might be my favourite characters). And I like when Annie can just be funny and part of things without there needing to be some ending wherein Annie is shown to be the only right/good/competent/feeling one of the group.

Plus, no blatant hating-on Britta, so another point for it!

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile on Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:47 pm

I also liked how Abed ultimately stepped in so he could help the Dean and Greendale.

Plus, no blatant hating-on Britta, so another point for it!

Aww, yeah, poor Britta. I've become particularly interested in her growing dynamic with Troy, regardless of whether or not it gets romantic. Last season he seemed to vacillate between being attracted to her and thinking she was THE WORST, but this year I think there's an added layer of admiration and appreciation for her. Kind of. The "you're really cool, Britta" happened in a different timeline, after all.

I'm not a shipper but those two might be my favourite characters

I've decided I simply can't have a favorite character. I need all of the study group members to make me happy. But I think I relate to Britta and Abed the most.
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm on Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:39 pm

I really liked this episode. I think it really showed off the entire cast well. Boo hiatus! Who do I write to?!?!?!
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude on Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:33 am

There's a facebook petition to give the show a 4th season. Any other ways to give NBC the Forest Whitacker eye will be apprechiated.

On The Soup McHale came out and said "Make one prank call to Bob Costas and your sitcom gets put on hiatus?" Allison Brie was a guest too so they made plenty of jokes about the situation.

Anthing with Luis Guzman is great. Great showcase for the ensemble and great showcase for the supporting characters.
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile on Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:25 pm

Cougar Town not on ABC mid-season schedule. Abed is going to be devastated.
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top