Community

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Community

Post  Wildog27 on Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:18 am

Didn't think you could love the show any more?

How about a joke that happens over 3 seasons?

Wildog27

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie on Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:43 am

OMG awesome. And, as a youtube commenter pointed out, after the third time they say his name, a guy dressed as Beetlejuice walks by in the background. :D
Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:55 am

OMG Beetlejuice walking by in the background is genius! So funny.

Also I still love calling Britta Bitter-Butter.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile on Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:03 am

This show. I just...*sigh.*

I laughed in all the right places, I really did. I promise. I was all prepared to just enjoy it as a very funny comedy, especially with the anime or manga or whatever Jeff & Shirley foosball tournament (and the cat thrown in there in the middle WTF?)

But then we saw little Jeff and little Shirley walking arm-in-arm and I actually got tears in my eyes, guys.

A SITCOM, especially one this silly, should not make me tear up like this. But it does.

And to think, the repeated references Shirley made about her and Jeff being around the same age - it was leading up to this!

All the Troy/Annie/Abed stuff made me giggle a LOT and it was still the LESS funny subplot of the evening.

WHY IS THIS SHOW ON THE BRINK OF CANCELLATION.
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm on Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:05 am

I KNOW. I really enjoyed Jeff and Shirley's story. I'm also glad that their relationship moved forward instead of them just having a laugh and nothing else happens. I love this show so much.
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 on Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:23 am

It's about time that the writers featured Shirley as something other than a Bible-thumping, holier-than-thou supporting character who acts as the mother and conscience of the group. It was a nice showcase for the criminally underused Yvette Nicole Brown, who was great and worked fantastically with Joel McHale. I loved the bonus backstory provided for both Shirley and Jeff.

Nick Kroll's guest appearance was really fun, too. The scene where he and his buddies imitated the foosball move with the soccer ball and Jeff's subsequent anger/confusion about this made me laugh and laugh.

Yet another episode that was extremely enjoyable that featured no Chang.
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:24 am

But then we saw little Jeff and little Shirley walking arm-in-arm and I actually got tears in my eyes, guys.

IKR? So sweet.

And in the hilarious area:

"It's so on, that now things have become very much like Donkey Kong." I rewound that four times and laughed out loud each time.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:25 am

Ditto to your entire post, queenofdenile. That was a FANTASTIC episode. I didn't see the Big Cheddar/Tinkletown thing coming at all (until they didn't show his face when he peed his pants). And I LOVED them going off to see a movie at the end.

The Germans also made me laugh and laugh. "If only I had a word to describe my feeling of satisfaction at your defeat." [or whatever it was]

Last year, Parks & Rec had the edge for me over Community. This year, while I certainly still adore Parks & Rec, I have enjoyed Community more. I am really really pissed that it may be canceled.
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile on Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:55 am

It's about time that the writers featured Shirley as something other than a Bible-thumping, holier-than-thou supporting character who acts as the mother and conscience of the group. It was a nice showcase for the criminally underused Yvette Nicole Brown, who was great and worked fantastically with Joel McHale. I loved the bonus backstory provided for both Shirley and Jeff.

Yeah, they've featured her in other ways before, but definitely leaned on the Christian stuff too heavily as of late, so I'm very glad they brought back some of her darker personality traits.

I'm slower than the rest of you, though, because I didn't pick up on the fact that the little boy was Jeff until we saw adult Jeff's horrified expression. then I was like OMG. This is just like that episode of Friends that revealed that Phoebe mugged Ross when they were kids except A MILLION TIMES BETTER.

On the Dark Knight subplot side of things, I loved the return of the cop from the family day episode and the conspiracy theory episode, and Troy talking about how Abed knows every sitcom plot, and Annie's dragged out high-pitched hemming and hawing that I can't even describe because it makes me laugh too hard.

And Britta's phone! And Leonard's frozen pizza reviews! "You're talking about it."

I loved this one so, so much. Favorite of the season besides Chaos Theory.
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:10 am

Annie's dragged out high-pitched hemming and hawing that I can't even describe because it makes me laugh too hard.

God yes. And did you see her little swoon when Batman-Abed caressed her cheek? Hee, those two continue their role play love affair.

I also died at Abed's non-Batman like capability to descend on a rope and climb into windows. That face he makes of this is not working out like I thought? Hee.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:17 am

queenofdenile wrote:And Britta's phone!
It comes in a six-pack!

I loved this one so, so much. Favorite of the season besides Chaos Theory.
Same here.
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Genevieve on Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:33 am

Annie's Christian Bale doing DVD commentary impression killed me.
Genevieve

Back to top Go down

Post  Caramel Coffee on Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:51 am

Oh man, when Shirley and Jeff went anime I almost fell off my chair I was laughing so hard, that was genius.
Caramel Coffee

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy on Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:26 pm

Finally got to see this episode, so damn funny. I loved Britta's throw-away one-liners (I can't buy [her cat] a monocle, that would be pretentious.) And both plot lines were hilarious. Troy being horrified at Annie's behavior. Than random anime cat. Just great all around episode.

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile on Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:02 pm

I've seen the episode a total of three times now. The first time, I noticed immediately that when Troy leaves the blanket fort in the beginning, he's humming the same radio song from Abed's story in "Horror Fiction in Seven Spooky Steps." But it took the third viewing to notice that he's LOCKING the blanket fort with a KEY.

This show. I can't even. It's too wonderful.

"Hey, wait a minute. Rick doesn't have a wife. OR women's feet!"
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildog27 on Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:29 pm

Preview of tomorrow night's show

Honestly, I kind of wish I'd waited until tomorrow night to see it, so I could see it in context, but good grief, it's awesome.

Spoiler:
Troy and Abed rap about Christmas.

Wildog27

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude on Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:24 pm

Save Greendale PSA

I know NBC could just cut a half hour out of Joe Rogan making fame whores eat donkey gonads or anything...
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:15 pm

That whole thing made me laugh really hard. Well both laughing and crying because I want my show to go six seasons and a movie.

And Joe Rogan needs to stick to busting on Mencia and hosting UFC nights so he doesn't ruin all his Newsradio good will.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  pizzagirl20 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:21 am

They even had the piano guy who just popped out of nowhere! And they acknowledged the fact that "where did he come from?"

I loved this episode. SO much. I just laughed and grinned the whole way through.

During the east coast airing, 4 of the top 6 or 7 trends worldwide on Twitter were Community-related.

Is the hiatus over yet?
pizzagirl20

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile on Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:27 am

This show worked in an Invasion of the Body Snatchers parody within a Glee parody within a Christmas episode.

I can't even.
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:16 am

This show has to go six years and a movie! Because next year I they have to make the Christmas episode the Commander Spacetime Holiday Special! WANT!

Also I'm getting a bit worried about what Harmon might do with the Jeff/Annie ship if he feels like he has nothing to lose.
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile on Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:07 am

I'm getting the feeling, and I could be wrong, that he might just tease us with different ship combinations (Jeff/Annie, Jeff/Britta, Abed/Annie, Britta/Troy) but not actually go anywhere (else) with any of them. Which I would have no problem with.

Still, I thought it was pretty obvious that while Jeff an initial attraction to Annie in the sexy outfit, he was just grossed out the farther she went with the baby-child routine.

Except we don't know exactly what turned him into a sweater-wearing glee club member, do we?

Oh dear.
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude on Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:13 pm

The cringe humor will probably get WAY cranked up.

"Cry at the sad parts like James Bond would."

"Me dumb you smart!"

As someone with a Jeff like hatred of musicals I took it as an extra level of satire that they just shoehorned stilted music and bad lyrics as a narative device. I'm not articulating this well, but it seems like uniform for bad musicals.
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:23 pm

Still, I thought it was pretty obvious that while Jeff an initial attraction to Annie in the sexy outfit, he was just grossed out the farther she went with the baby-child routine.

"Boop Boop Be Doop! Sex!", and her final devolve to not talkin' language! Alison Brie was scarily on target with her Betty Boop impression, this whole cast is so crazy talented.

"Let Britta do her awkward song."

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:03 pm

I really loved Taram Killam as the creepy evil Will Schuester clone.
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top