Stuff We Wish Existed

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Stuff We Wish Existed

Post  inversed on Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:30 pm

Since I don't watch Amazing Race, I have to ask: rabbit dressage as in killing and preparing a rabbit to eat, or as in getting a rabbit to go through various gaits and paces?

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 on Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:39 pm

inversed wrote:Since I don't watch Amazing Race, I have to ask: rabbit dressage as in killing and preparing a rabbit to eat, or as in getting a rabbit to go through various gaits and paces?
The latter. It was like a bunny steeplechase, and it was tremendous!
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges on Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:13 am

I wish there was an American rabbit dressage league. I would so be a part of that sport.
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person on Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:06 am

This thread is making me laugh at HORRIBLE THINGS. O_o :-) O_o

Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  Tabby on Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:58 am

I wish there was an American rabbit dressage league. I would so be a part of that sport.
The sport on The Amazing Race was actually rabbit agility, and it exists in the U.S. See here. I saw a demo at a Pet Expo in Minneapolis a couple of years ago. It is, indeed, awesome, and they need to show it on Animal Planet. They could have mini-marathons of dog, cat, and bunny agility. I'd watch that for hours.
Tabby

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:58 am

Tabby wrote:The sport on The Amazing Race was actually rabbit agility, and it exists in the U.S. See here. I saw a demo at a Pet Expo in Minneapolis a couple of years ago. It is, indeed, awesome, and they need to show it on Animal Planet. They could have mini-marathons of dog, cat, and bunny agility. I'd watch that for hours.
YES THEY DO. Where can I sign a petition to make this happen?? /me holds pen aloft
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  MtOlivePickles on Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:18 pm

roly wrote:For the "get Christian Bale naked" brigade, might I recommend Metroland? Unless you're looking for current CB naked, with which I cannot help you.

I would like Clive Owen to star in a (very) short film based on another Snarkers experience, in which he stands on a subway platform, looks directly into the camera and tries to convince us, the audience, to go home with him.

You know if they made the Clive Owen film, the gifs on Tumblr would prompt spontaneous pregnancy.

MtOlivePickles

Back to top Go down

Post  pizzagirl20 on Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:36 am

While watching Raiders of the Lost Ark, and learning Indy and Marion had been together 10 years prior, I decided if they want to make another movie, I want it set when they meet. Maybe someone like Ryan Gosling playing a young Indy. I am not completely sure who would play a young Marion -- Rachel McAdams would be a bit cliche, but not quite bad ass enough. And I'd like to see Indy's dad, so we'd need someone to play young Sean Connery, too.

So Mr. Spielberg and Mr. Lucas, if you're interested in this idea, call me.
pizzagirl20

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy on Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:39 am

The only problem with that is that Marion was supposed to be 16 or 17 (originally 15, for the extra ick) when Indy left. He was 27.

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed on Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:22 am

I always thought it was more a schoolgirl crush, not that they dated or anything. Because that would be even grosser than both a guy and his dad sleeping with the same Nazi.

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:26 pm

I always thought they made it clear that they were a thing and he left and that's why she was so embittered. If it was just a schoolgirl crush I don't think they would have played their interaction out the way they did.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Genevieve on Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:12 pm

That's right. There is that one round-table transcript of Lucas and Spielberg figuring out the story and they talked about her being really young. (possibly like 12/13. YEAH I KNOW!)

edited: here is the transcript
Genevieve

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person on Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:36 pm

OMFG. Indy was a pedo. OMFG....
[mind blown]

Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:11 pm

It was suspect but I wouldn't call him a pedophile. Mostly sketchy and weird. One of my best friends when she was 16 started dating her boyfriend who was 9 years older then her. He wasn't a pedophile but we were all still weirded out.

Its similar to one of those dudes who thought Kristen Stewart was attractive when she was 17, or Natalie Portman.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person on Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:03 am

It said in that link that she was like 12 or something. That's beyond sketchy.

G — He's thirty-five, and he knew her ten years ago when he was twenty-five and she was only twelve. It would be amusing to make her slightly young at the time.

S — And promiscuous. She came onto him.

G — Fifteen is right on the edge. I know it's an outrageous idea, but it is interesting. Once she's sixteen or seventeen it's not interesting anymore. But if she was fifteen and he was twenty-five and they actually had an affair the last time they met. And she was madly in love with him and he...

Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:07 am

They didn't end up using that draft. Shes a teenager but not 12.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person on Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:09 am

Well that is what I was reacting to. I think we were talking at cross purposes since I didn't get that they didn't use that one.

Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  Genevieve on Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:17 am

Just the fact that they had that conversation was kind of wild. I suppose it falls under the heading of, "It was the seventies" and people were so full of drugs that they thought a lot of things were good ideas.
Genevieve

Back to top Go down

Post  pizzagirl20 on Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:38 am

Well, in my thing I wish existed, I'll imagine she's like 17ish, so if they could make it that way, I'd still want to see a movie of the start of their love affair. Because I always got the feeling in Raiders of the Lost Ark from her reaction that they had somethig hot and heavy, as Kiran noted.

So that's how I'd want it to exist in my wish.
pizzagirl20

Back to top Go down

Post  Lis on Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:35 pm

I love Red Wolf's suggestion! It wouldn't have to be a montage, just a nice soundtrack would be nice. Also, helpful, telling me how to feel in certain situations. (In a non-manipulative, tasteful sort of way)

Lis

Back to top Go down

Post  MtOlivePickles on Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:26 am

I want Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, and Chris Pine to all be in a movie. Plot? We'll come up with something. Working title? Two Captains and a God.

MtOlivePickles

Back to top Go down

Post  pizzagirl20 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:12 am

MtOlivePickles wrote:I want Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, and Chris Pine to all be in a movie. Plot? We'll come up with something. Working title? Two Captains and a God.

I hope this is a clothing optional flick. And 3-D perhaps??
pizzagirl20

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:29 am

pizzagirl20 wrote:
MtOlivePickles wrote:I want Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, and Chris Pine to all be in a movie. Plot? We'll come up with something. Working title? Two Captains and a God.

I hope this is a clothing optional flick. And 3-D perhaps??
OMG, YES. PLEASE.

Can we throw in Chris Pratt for some comic relief? And maybe work in a play on the word "Chris" into the title?
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:34 am

Make it a Christmas movie, and BAM! You can throw "Chris" in the title, and it makes a fine holiday treat for all of us fangirls/boys! I propose "A CHRIStmas Miracle" as the title, and for the tagline, I'm thinking "4 Schmexy Guys Named Chris. 'Nuff Said."

Last edited by whatthedeuce on Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:08 am; edited 1 time in total

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken on Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:06 am

Call it Chris Crossed. It needs to be set during an electrical blackout in the midst of a heatwave hence the lack of shirts. And it can still be Christmas if we set it in Australia.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top