Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hart of Dixie

+8
blixie
Caramel Coffee
swsa
choubetcha
biakbiak
CherryFlame
jcpdiesel21
truecrystal
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hart of Dixie Empty Hart of Dixie

Post  truecrystal Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:04 pm

We've got to have a thread for this gosh darn cute show!

Rachel Bilson continues to be too adorable for words. I'm torn between shipping Zoe/George vs. Zoe/Wade which is a good thing. I'm leaning towards Zoe/Wade mostly because I find their chemistry scorchingly hot, but I love Scott Porter so much and he deserves better than Lemon Breland.

I also want Mayor Lavon Hayes to find someone to love too because he is way too charming and handsome to be single.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Hart of Dixie Empty Re: Hart of Dixie

Post  jcpdiesel21 Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:39 pm

I think this show would be a lot more enjoyable without Lemon. I feel like every attempt to humanize or sympathize her so far has fallen flat, and I have no idea why George puts up with her. I just find her unpleasant, and the over-the-top throwback wardrobe and makeup on Jaime King ages her big time.

I am Zoe/Wade all the way. They have chemistry to spare, and Wade has really improved and deepened as a character since the pilot and shown that he really does care about Zoe. Zoe/George is cute, but they've got a more friendly vibe.

I am loving how the show has incorporated shirtless Wilson Bethel so often. Dude is fine.

Last edited by jcpdiesel21 on Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  CherryFlame Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:51 pm

jcpdiesel21 wrote:
I am loving how the show has incorporated shirtless Wilson Bethel so often. Dude is fine.

I was on the fence about this show until the heat wave episode. After that one I was all in thanks to the shirtlessness.

CherryFlame

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:22 pm

I am just not getting Lemon. I just don't care for her at all. I get the rationale, she believes her mother was selfish and carefree and resents her leaving so shut off that part of herself and is the sourpuss she is today. BUT I DON'T CARE! It's the writing, it's the actress, it's the freaking clothes, nothing about her works for me.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  choubetcha Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:34 pm

Although I know I shouldn't expect blazing fast plot development, I am getting a little tired of the show spinning its wheels with everyone hating Zoe and acting like it's totally reasonable and normal to be such raging jerks to her face. I was so on board when her New York friend said the people weren't that nice, and I was displeased when she self-flagellated about how she had disappointed Bluebell.

Also, Levon - Zoe is responsible for the difficult diagnosis that prevented the home team from forfeiting Homecoming, and you don't think you should maybe spread that around a little? How she singlehandedly saved the big game? I was waiting for her to show up the morning of the game and have people start to thaw, but instead they just stared her down as usual.

All my complaints would disappear for a scene with Wade. Call me, Wade! I won't refuse to have sex with you for dumb reasons.

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:47 pm

biakbiak wrote:I am just not getting Lemon. I just don't care for her at all. I get the rationale, she believes her mother was selfish and carefree and resents her leaving so shut off that part of herself and is the sourpuss she is today. BUT I DON'T CARE! It's the writing, it's the actress, it's the freaking clothes, nothing about her works for me.

All of my problems with Lemon lie with Jamie King. She is simply GODAWFUL. I feel like I know who this character is supposed to be, and I feel like I should alternate between loving to hate her and feeling sorry for her. But JK is so shrill and drippy and just...too damn much.

In other news, Scott Porter can wear that t-shirt in every episode.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:57 am

Yeah, I'm starting to think that Jaime King is a big part of the problem of why Lemon doesn't work. She's condescending and smug when interacting with others who she considers below her, she is far too dramatic about every little thing, and there is just NOTHING that is likable about her so far. The writers may have given her qualities and a backstory that may make her relatable, but still: annoying. I think it would be helpful if every once in a while, she was nice to Zoe instead of constantly trying to undermine her. Also: tone down the wardrobe!

I love Reginald VelJohnson on this show. I like that Dash is miles ahead of the rest of the Bluebell residents in class and accepting Zoe.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:19 pm

I've watched all 10 episodes over the past two days. This show is so unbelievably cute. I was one of the few who didn't love RB on The O.C., but she's so perfect on this show. I wasn't buying her in the pilot as a med student, but once she got to Bluebell, I think she hits the perfect combination of smart and befuddled.

I'm with everyone here on the Wade love. I feel like I SHOULD ship her with George, but there's just something about her scenes with Wade that jump out at me.

I think the Lemon apathy is almost all Jaime King. I think a true comedic actress could work wonders with that character, but as is, it's just too shrill and over the top.

I love how this is basically Doc Hollywood, the tv series.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Caramel Coffee Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:13 pm

Caramel Coffee
Caramel Coffee

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:00 pm

This week's episode was the best one yet. All of the subplots were balanced nicely, Jaime King wasn't nearly as over-the-top shrill or annoying as usual, and Zoe and Lemon actually shared a sweet, kind moment before things returned to the status quo. I thought the reveal with Wade hiding Earl's money in the buried jars was a nice surprise.

Last edited by jcpdiesel21 on Wed May 16, 2012 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:15 am

Wade, you dumb.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:05 am

I've been watching this more consistently over the last few weeks and call me crazy but if I'm shipping anyone it's Zoe/Lavon.

Ugh anything but Lemon, just let her marry George and let Lavon move the hell on.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Fri May 11, 2012 7:39 pm

RENEWED!!

I have to say that I'm REALLY glad about this because I find this show too cute and entertaining for words. I want another season so Lavon can get some well-deserved lovin' and so Zoe and Wade can OMG MAKE OUT AGAIN ALREADY!!

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Fri May 11, 2012 8:26 pm

Yay! This show is far from perfect, but it's fun to watch every week and it fills that "old school WB" hole in my TV viewing.

And yes, there NEEDS to be more Zoe/Wade mackage. I also wouldn't be opposed to another episode centered around a heat wave in Bluebell.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri May 11, 2012 9:42 pm

Even though I watched TSC more I'm really glad this was renewed, and I will probably tune in more next year, as the lone diehard Lavon/Zoe shipper, but she and Wade are also of the good.

If only Lemon didn't suck so very much. Still.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Wed May 16, 2012 9:43 pm

HELLS YES. I am OVERJOYED by the Wade/Zoe hookup in the season finale, which has been a LONG time coming. It was maddening how the episode kept teasing their hookup, but the way it happened was totally satisfying. Anything that features more shirtless Wilson Bethel is a win.

And George didn't marry Lemon, instead showing up at Zoe's door! I like that Zoe now will be forced to make a choice between Wade and George. A huge chunk of the first season was devoted to the Wade/Zoe flirtation, only to take a backseat to George/Zoe when Zoe suddenly decided she was in love with him. I like that the playing field is a bit more level now.

Next season, I hope Lavon gets more to do and a decent love interest. And I hope that Lemon has more comedic storylines.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  choubetcha Thu May 17, 2012 1:00 am

Yes! I actually expected the Wade/Zoe hookup to come MUCH earlier in the season, so I feel like I've been waiting forever. I thought the actual scene was perfect.

I hope the George and Lemon split lets Lemon not be so terrible all the time. I would love to see her let loose a little next season. And agree that Lavon needs something to do. Most of this season was the George and Lemon show, and it was so boring.

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:38 pm

Bumping this because ...yup, still the most adorable show EVAR!

I approve of I-choose-me-but-with-the-added-bonus-of-hot-Wade-sex Zoe, new Zoe BF (but not BFF because that belongs to Lavon) Golden Brooks, and Lemon growing the hell up.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:20 am

STILL THE CUTEST SHOW EVER.

I think last night's episode was my favorite. Everyone had a great moment.

Wade: Who even travels by train anymore? What are we, hobos?
Zoe: Yes. Sexy hobos on a train.

I'm loving what they're doing with Zoe and Wade because, frankly, the progression of their relationship is so realistic. Casual sex friends who can't be casual? Yeah, that's how I ended up with a Mr. Truecrystal.

I also think Jamie King finally got a hold on Lemon because I'm enjoying her so so much which is a miracle considering how much I couldn't stand her last season. It helps that the writers figured out how to write a realistic Southern belle character instead of whatever that tv cliche they'd created last year.

And Rachel Bilson is GREAT as Zoe, especially with the comedy. She inevitable makes me laugh out loud at least once an episode, but she's also so damn cute that I find myself rooting for her even when she's behaving like a wackadoo.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  aninnocent Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:13 pm

I love that they have given us such great Wade/Zoe episodes this season although I know if can't last forever so I guess I will just enjoy it while I can.

Lemon has been tolerable this season and I think it is mostly because she hardly interacts with George. The only time I can stand George is when he is in a scene with Wade.

aninnocent

Back to top Go down

Post  choubetcha Wed May 08, 2013 5:09 pm

After the previews for the finale, I was relieved that they pulled back on George being all judgey that Zoe hadn't stayed celibate for him for life after he rejected her in about the harshest and most final way possible. Getting all mad that she slept with someone else after he said he wasn't interested is annoying, but reading her going back to Wade yet again as her having feelings for him was reasonable, especially given the history.

They did a good job redeeming Lemon this season. Now I wonder who they will bring in as her love interest for next.

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  choubetcha Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:01 am

So it seems no one is really watching this anymore but I had to go somewhere just to say ARE YOU KIDDING ME SHOW THAT YOU ALL THINK ZOE AND WADE'S BREAKUP WAS AS MUCH ZOE'S FAULT AS WADE'S? It is weird enough how Zoe's current boyfriend hangs out with her ex who cheated on her without having everyone mad at Zoe for not actively endorsing that her cousin DATE said cheating ex.

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  CherryFlame Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:26 pm

I still watch it. Seriously, the breakup was totally Wade's fault. That was some crap last night. And I either Joel is the most the biggest idiot ever or the most patient boyfriend for dealing with Zoe's craziness over Wade.

Even though it's really silly I still like this show. It's nice fluff to start the week.

CherryFlame

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:02 pm

I still watch too! Although I started watching a year ago and mainlined it all during late night feedings, so my memories/impressions may be a bit skewed. But my feeling was that the breakup was absolutely Wade's fault, but staying apart after his big gesture and declaration of love was Zoe's choice. It seemed like she sort of believed him, and maybe was open to getting back together at some point, but then she just moved to New York permanently (or not). So maybe that's what they were trying to say? I didn't understand either.

But I do think that her acting jealous and trying to interfere in Wade's love life feels unfair, even if he was in the wrong during their relationship. I think that's because the show has worked on Wade's growth and making him a more sympathetic character, while Zoe has stayed pretty steadily selfish and insecure. I love her, and I found the Wilkes family stuff more emotionally effective than I imagined. But they need to do some work on her character, and I'm not sure they're going to have time to do it.

Last edited by Carrie Ann on Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:28 pm

Yeah, I think... the breakup was Wade's fault, but didn't they mutually agree that maybe they were still in love but that they needed space? And then she went to New York and found another boyfriend and never came back?

But I think it's one of the more charming shows on TV -- I love watching an hour where there's fun clothes and good jokes and cute boys and no threat of anyone getting a shiv to the neck.

Heather

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum