New Girl

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: New Girl

Post  punzy on Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:13 am

I just started watching this, and I love it so much. I am only 10 episodes in right now, just finished Schmidt's birthday party. The bits with his various douchebaggery were fantastic.

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  emrie on Wed May 01, 2013 3:52 am

Not gonna lie: tonight's episode made me a little swoony.

emrie

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves on Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:31 pm

Sooo I just saw on Buzzfeed that Zooey instagramed a picture and Coach is in it! I hope it's not just a guest spot and he's back for good. And just for the record (again), I love everyone on this show so damn much.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak on Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:38 pm

They announced that he will be in four or six episodes this season.
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:53 am

I...don't...love...New Girl this year. :/

So far I feel like the plot has been the same for like eight episodes: Nick and Jess are in love, Nick and Jess make out all the time, Nick and Jess have a conflict involving Nick being a weird baby, Nick and Jess make up, Nick and Jess are in love, Nick and Jess make out all the time. While also: Schmidt is a selfish weirdo, Winston is crazy. I know that's more or less the structure of the entire show, but it just doesn't feel like anything is HAPPENING. I know there's a big Nick/Jess shipper faction, but to me it feels like the show has kind of ground to a halt.
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:21 pm

I thought the last episode was kind of terrible, and I agree about Schmidt, but Nick/Jess and Crazy Winstons of the Week are both working for me just fine, well I'd rather they write better for Winston and integrate him more, but Lamorne Morris is killing it with his performance. Nick rambling off all his feels non-stop, and the faces he made when Schmidt confessed both amused me greatly, and I think they'll back off the Nick/Jess focus and start to mix up the cast some more.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:42 am

OK, it's back. For me. I really loved this week's. Nick's immaturity was funny to me instead of unbelievable/tedious, Winston was hilarious, Coach was hilarious (I didn't love him last week but once we realized that going to strip clubs thing was mostly an act now I like him again), and the Jess plot with the Chinese restaurant was also hilarious. So was Schmidt and his tiny butt even though he wasn't in it much. I feel like the rough waters have subsided.

Also, I kind of love it that when the show started it sort of felt like there was a token black guy, and then that guy had another show so they just replaced him with a different token black guy -- but now the first token black guy is available again so he's back for a while too. So we have a formula-busting TWO token black guys who are totally different characters omg!! and it feels a little like a raspberry in the face of the Token Black Guy TV trope. I'm assuming Damon Jr. is on for a limited arc, but I'm enjoying it while he's here.
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky on Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:29 am

Instant Monkeys wrote:OK, it's back. For me. I really loved this week's. Nick's immaturity was funny to me instead of unbelievable/tedious, Winston was hilarious, Coach was hilarious (I didn't love him last week but once we realized that going to strip clubs thing was mostly an act now I like him again), and the Jess plot with the Chinese restaurant was also hilarious. So was Schmidt and his tiny butt even though he wasn't in it much. I feel like the rough waters have subsided.

Also, I kind of love it that when the show started it sort of felt like there was a token black guy, and then that guy had another show so they just replaced him with a different token black guy -- but now the first token black guy is available again so he's back for a while too. So we have a formula-busting TWO token black guys who are totally different characters omg!! and it feels a little like a raspberry in the face of the Token Black Guy TV trope. I'm assuming Damon Jr. is on for a limited arc, but I'm enjoying it while he's here.
I swear I read that Damon Jr. is back for the entire season. I am really enjoying him.
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowlass on Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:07 pm

A friend of mine complained the full first season about Lamorne not being as funny as Damon Jr., but seeing them together really emphasizes that although Damon Jr. is very funny and was great on Happy Endings, Lamorne has created a really endearing, hilariously weird character.

Shadowlass

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky on Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:15 pm

Shadowlass wrote:A friend of mine complained the full first season about Lamorne not being as funny as Damon Jr., but seeing them together really emphasizes that although Damon Jr. is very funny and was great on Happy Endings, Lamorne has created a really endearing, hilariously weird character.
Damon Jr. is definitely hilarious, but LaMorne Morris has been killing it even during really odd writing that has isolated him from the rest of the cast. I would be really sad if they wrote Winston off just because Damon Jr. is available again.
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:05 pm

Binky wrote:Damon Jr. is definitely hilarious, but LaMorne Morris has been killing it even during really odd writing that has isolated him from the rest of the cast. I would be really sad if they wrote Winston off just because Damon Jr. is available again.
Oh, I would be so pissed if that happened. I love Winston. Plus that would really REALLY smack of "well the black guy slot is full soooooooo" and that would be terrible. I think, though, that Winston is breaking out a little this year, kind of like how Schmidt did last year, so I'm hopeful that they wouldn't do that unless it was a cost issue. They clearly have too many roommates and not enough rooms (that's awesome if DJr is on for the year!), but I'm wondering if they're going to have Jess and Nick move across the hall eventually and Schmidt come back.
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  choubetcha on Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:39 pm

I am just not on board with this season at all, but I thought last night's was terrible. I cringed through most of it.

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowlass on Tue May 06, 2014 1:20 pm

Shadowlass

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Tue May 06, 2014 1:43 pm

Yay! I guess I'm one of the few who still liked the show this year. I'm bummed they broke up Nick and Jess, but I guess this last episode kind of confirmed any reservations Jess might have had about Nick's grow up ability.

Speaking of I wish I knew all the rules to True American.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky on Tue May 06, 2014 2:13 pm

Yay, that's awesome. He's definitely added to the show.
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar on Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:37 pm

Okay, I've been an apologist for this show. Any time someone has said "It's not as good as it used to be", I've said "Yes, but, (fill in the blank - Zooey is still a delight, Schmidt is funny, Nick is dorky, I'm glad Winston is getting more to do, and I love Coach)."

The most recent episode was, in my opinion, one of the worst things I've ever seen on television. Nick pretends to be gay so that Jess's new boyfriend won't think it's weird that they still live together! Winston does stuff for the hot neighbours hoping to get sex! And plot twist - he DOES! (Because apparently those girls would rather sleep with a complete stranger rather than, oh, I dunno - learn how to fix their toilet themselves.) Cece is contemplating breast reduction surgery, and Schmidt is distraught even though they don't date anymore, and somehow makes this all about HIM, and then Cece decides not to go through with it because - why? I have no idea. Maybe she was charmed by him talking to her breasts as though they don't actually belong to her, because that there is just cute as all get out. /sarcasm

I'm disgusted. I'm beyond disgusted. This was offensive as hell.
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel on Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:31 pm

Wow. I have not been watching the show much in the last year or so because I haven't been finding it funny, but I still would occasionally catch an episode. Yikes. If that's where it's going, I want no part in that.
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  blooey on Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:28 pm

I thought this season was going pretty well, especially in light of the unfunniness of last season, but ugh.

blooey

Back to top Go down

Post  nikita on Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:56 pm

Yeah, I had cooled on the show a bit last year, but still watched the eps on the DVR eventually. Same this season, but I've been finding it harder to enjoy it this season than last. This week's episode was, as mentioned, offensive in several ways and also just very bad. I like some of the individual characters and the show still has its moments, but it just doesn't all come together for me like it used to.

nikita

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky on Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:16 pm

This episode was better than last week's mess, but why did they have Schmidt, the neatfreak who cleans the entire loft, not know how to do Laundry?
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:51 am

The guys in the fort singing REO Speed Wagon and Lionel Richie made my night. "You don't find diamonds buried in the ground..." Hee.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar on Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:39 am

This episode was SO much better than last week's. I'm choosing to believe that gremlins broke into the writers' room last week and replaced the real script with what was aired.

For some reason I can't stop laughing at Coach's I-Am-A-Golden-God bit. "I'm freakin' out!"
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top