Unpopular Musical Opinions

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Unpopular Musical Opinions

Post  whatthedeuce on Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:40 pm

I hate the fact that I love many of Chris Brown's songs. I don't wanna, but I do!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  katesti on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:09 pm

Crowbridge wrote:Bedtime Stories is my favorite Madonna album. I think she showed a mature, reflective side of herself that was still very provocative and sexy with that album, and I can't think of a single song I dislike. I still listen to it all the time.

Word, that album is so underrated.

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  mayram on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:02 am

whatthedeuce wrote:I hate the fact that I love many of Chris Brown's songs. I don't wanna, but I do!

Same here. I don't think they're genius or anything, but they are damn catchy and I can never turn them off even though I really hate the guy.

mayram

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:53 am

Yeah 3x just makes me deliriously happy whenever I hear it. Can't help it despite Brown's douchery.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:05 am

I had that problem with Ike Turner, in that I think hes a musical genuis but a horrible person. And I have it with some actors/directors, but not Chris Brown. I feel like Omarion does everything he does a bit better. So why don't we all just listen to Icebox.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle on Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:14 pm

With her new album coming out I realize I'm kind of "meh" on Pink. I don't hate her but I don't really love her. I liked her early stuff but she lost me somewhere around Stupid Girls. I just stopped caring.
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:35 pm

I'm the opposite in that Pink's always kinda annoyed me, but ever since I read her recent interview in Entertainment Weekly, I understand more of her personality and can stomach her a lot better.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge on Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:50 am

I go back and forth with Pink. I like some of her songs, but her personality grates.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Username on Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:36 am

TiffanyNichelle wrote:With her new album coming out I realize I'm kind of "meh" on Pink. I don't hate her but I don't really love her. I liked her early stuff but she lost me somewhere around Stupid Girls. I just stopped caring.

I feel the same way. I don't begrudge her success, and I understand why people like her, she just doesn't do much for me.

Well, Taylor Swift may have finally broken me. I dislike her for all the reasons that have been talked about on Snarkfest, but her "We Are Never Getting Back Together" song - despite the asinine high school relationship lyrics and egregious abuse of 'like' - is so catchy. If it was sung by anyone other than her I would blast it loud and proud, but I'm trying and failing to resist it.

Bad Username

Back to top Go down

Post  choubetcha on Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:37 pm

The only Taylor Swift song I really cringe over is the Romeo and Juliet one. I don't even mind recasting a tragedy as a happy love story so much as how Romeo tells Juliet everything worked out by being like, "YOUR DAD SAID IT'S COOL! GO SHOPPING!" Otherwise, though, I happily bop along to whatever of hers is on the radio.

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle on Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:25 pm

I like Fun. Somewhere around the time I saw them perform One Foot on Jimmy Kimmel I just flat out liked them. They are such hipsters and I hate myself for it, lol.
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:29 pm

Is it unpopular to like them? I always thought I was unpopular for not liking them. I don't even have a good reason except their faces bother me, and they always look sweaty and really fake tan and I just want to spray them with water bottles like you would an errant cat. Its totally irrational the visceral disgust I get from them, especially since I liked that some nights song, I just hate them.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:02 pm

I like a few songs but it may be helped by the fact that I know nothing about them, including what they look like.

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:09 pm

I know they get lots of flak here, but I do appreciate that they sound different from most other stuff I hear on the radio. I only really like two of their songs, both of which have been beaten to death by now, but I have nothing against them.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  blooey on Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:50 pm

I do not love Adele. I don't know why. I really like Rolling in the Deep, but all her other songs leave me cold. I hate how much they're still played on my local station, when they could be playing better music.

blooey

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:14 pm

The only song of hers I like is "Skyfall". The rest I'm either meh on or I actively dislike.
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho on Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:22 pm

Kiran wrote:Is it unpopular to like them? I always thought I was unpopular for not liking them. I don't even have a good reason except their faces bother me, and they always look sweaty and really fake tan and I just want to spray them with water bottles like you would an errant cat. Its totally irrational the visceral disgust I get from them, especially since I liked that some nights song, I just hate them.

This is probably the funniest description of fun that I've ever heard. And I'm with you on liking the Some Nights song, but it's just too much anthem stuff for me.

My thing is that I hate this new faux-bluegrass indie rock trend with Mumford and Sons and their ilk. I got into a rant about this with my friend (well, I ranted at her, and she's a Mumford and Sons fan) about how it's a dilution of bluegrass -- it's like a copy of a copy of a copy. And it sounds like this weird Coldplay tribute band. But with less rhythm. If that was even possible.

There's a reason why so many of us are excited to see Justin Timberlake back. Mumford and Sons is one of the reasons.
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:33 pm

I like both Justin Timberlake and Mumford and Sons, but I do hate those people who think all pop music is awful. Like seriously? I like the Avett Brothers, and Mumford and Sons and the Lumineers, but trust me hipster a lot of your vague bluegrass throwback accordian shit is awful too.

I also continue to believe that rap is the most underrated genre. I was listening to an interview with Dave Grohl and I LOVE DAVE GROHL, but he was talking about how when she was a toddler his daughter got into this "awful rap song" and then he said "it wasn't even good rap." And it bothered me. A lot. Rap is just like any genre of music. Its got its good, its got its bad, and its got its great and its got its Afroman. And frankly anything Nas is doing is better then most anything else. Why can't music be just music. Good or bad. There is no genre that is inherently bad. Well unless its like white power rock or christian heavy metal, but still thats not really music so...

My other issue with fun. is how people compare them to Queen. Um. No. They are not. I mean its not fair because they haven't said that at all, its just some of their fans, but that Nate Ruess child is not fit to carry Freddy Mercury's cape off stage after he threw it at him.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:09 pm

its got its Afroman

Afroman is amazing, Because I Got High is a Bernie Mac in the 80's monologue of painfully poignant hilarity.

Also I like Fun precisely because of the anthem like take everything, but I admit the lead singer drives me nuts because every time I look at him I think it's Guy Pearce's younger self and he has a DeLorean.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:41 pm

Hee. See, when I see the lead singer of Fun, I keep wondering if he can fit a watermelon in his mouth. He's got a HUGE mouth.

And Afroman's Because I Got High will always have love in my book because it's so damn ridiculous.

Rap is always going to be underrated. I think the current powers that be are way to enamored with a certain subset of music from about 1960s-1970s, given what I see inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:53 pm

I love Afroman too. Its why I gave him his own genre. I also love Biz Markie.

Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:18 am

Kiran wrote:I love Afroman too. Its why I gave him his own genre. I also love Biz Markie.

I love Biz because he is bringing beatboxing to The Children with Biz's Beat of the Day on Yo Gabba Gabba.

My other issue with fun. is how people compare them to Queen. Um. No. They are not. I mean its not fair because they haven't said that at all, its just some of their fans, but that Nate Ruess child is not fit to carry Freddy Mercury's cape off stage after he threw it at him.

Yes, that comparison makes me blood boil. Also, I'm sorry, but Some Nights is Cecilia, but shitty.
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:32 am

It seems to be unpopular to like Justin Timberlake's new music, but I LOVE it. Pusher Love Girl is my jam.

It is also apparently unpopular to not like Rhianna's latest, but I find it repetitive and boring. And she's started doing this nasally, screechy thing during her ballads that I think is supposed to be her attempt at bringing emotion to the songs, but no. It makes my head hurt. Then again, I haven't liked a song of hers since Drive.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho on Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:52 am

Sign me up as a Rihanna hater. But I was over her with S&M and the excessively sexual lyrics, which makes me feel old just typing it.

And I like Justin Timberlake's new stuff. Suit and Tie is just a good jam.
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:56 am

It is also apparently unpopular to not like Rhianna's latest, but I find it repetitive and boring. And she's started doing this nasally, screechy thing during her ballads that I think is supposed to be her attempt at bringing emotion to the songs, but no. It makes my head hurt. Then again, I haven't liked a song of hers since Drive.

Usually when I hate a song on the radio, the hatred dissipates over time. But that "Diamonds" song still makes me smash the off button on the radio every damn time.
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top