The Vampire Diaries

Page 5 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Vampire Diaries

Post  MaddyCat on Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:05 am

I am very sad--and very afraid--for Tyler. So alone, so...doomed?? I can't see a way out for him. Of course I've said that before of other characters, but it seems more dire for Tyler. And maybe for Alaric, too. Why emphasize his mojo-losing ring so much if not to set up something...awful. I heart this show, but I swear I watch it through my fingers each week.

I haven't even begun to process the Klaus-Caroline thing. Just...whoa.

MaddyCat

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha on Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:05 am

MaddyCat wrote:I am very sad--and very afraid--for Tyler. So alone, so...doomed?? I can't see a way out for him. Of course I've said that before of other characters, but it seems more dire for Tyler. And maybe for Alaric, too. Why emphasize his mojo-losing ring so much if not to set up something...awful. I heart this show, but I swear I watch it through my fingers each week.

Me too! I'm pretty much constantly terrified for anyone who isn't Elena or a Salvatore. I love them all so much, but they could die at any minute. I fully believe THIS SHOW could kill them (Jenna! I miss you!).

I haven't even begun to process the Klaus-Caroline thing. Just...whoa.

I've been obsessively rewatching that scene on YouTube. I don't think I'm going to make it until next week, y'all.
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose on Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:45 am

Candice Accola has a really fun job, you guys. She's hit it with Damon, Matt, Tyler, AND Klaus! I am so jealous. I mean, sure, two of those guys are probably classified as legit psychopaths, and one of them has no free will and accidentally almost killed her, but still.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile on Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:12 pm

Yeah, I can't decide whether she or Nina Dobrev has the more fun job. Maybe Candice, since she also hit it with Jeremy offscreen.

I do have faith in this show, and these writers, but that car/bridge scene was really, really difficult to watch. It was a visceral reaction, and the last time I actually had a visceral reaction to this show was...when Elena/Stefan broke up in season two. Heh. Those two and what they do to me.

Oh, and apparently the actress who plays Meredith is Paul Wesley's wife? Fun!
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:24 pm

That's actually why I think it will be okay. That they get that kind of reaction from me, means I really really care. And while Delena isn't bothering me, I just don't get that same chemistry from them at all. Which is so weird to me because I do get it from Katherine/Damon.

I think Nina Dobrev does because Katherine also got with Mason Lockwood. And I am one of the few people who thinks Jeremy is cute but not hot.

Paul Wesley and his wife seem to be a very cute couple of screen.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Auroura76 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:42 pm

The CW keeps cutting off the last bit of the episode online, so I haven't seen all the stuff with Klaus and Caroline. Wah!

I have nothing to say that can add to your guys' above comments, except that this show is awesome. And I loves it. I'm still pulling for Elena/Stefan, though I can't say quite why. Dude is cray right now. But I am confident they will get back together. *plugs fingers in ears and refuses to ponder anything otherwise*

Auroura76

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:24 pm

Its that chemistry! And like someone said that extra something Wesley puts in his eyes during Elena/Stefan scenes.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian on Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:25 pm

They've done such a good job of making Damon/Elena palatable to someone like me, so I fully believe that they'll be able to bring Stefan/Elena back around. If that's what they want to do. I have no idea how in the hell they're going to do it, but THIS SHOW can totally do it.

What I'm mostly wondering right now is what's going to happen to bring Stefan back around. Even if they never go back to Stefan/Elena, they've got to give Stefan back his humanity (or his willingness to admit to his humanity) eventually. I'm dying to see how the guy who almost drove Elena off a bridge decides he's ready to try to turn it around.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  bloomtoperish on Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:43 pm

queenofdenile wrote:Yeah, I can't decide whether she or Nina Dobrev has the more fun job. Maybe Candice, since she also hit it with Jeremy offscreen.

Oh, and apparently the actress who plays Meredith is Paul Wesley's wife? Fun!

To me she'll always be psycho Nanny Carrie from One Tree Hill.

Candice Accola might edge out Nina for most fun job, because in addition to the on and off screen pairings already mentioned, she is also currently hitting it with Matt off-screen.

I can't add anything about this episode that you all haven't already said. This episode was back to the usual TVD after last week's kind of meh episode. I watched it on DVR and was thinking it was about 40 minutes in, but no it was only 20 minutes in and that was WITH commercials. I love how much this show can pack into every episode and yet it never feels like too much.

I also love how they can give me ships I'd have never thought of and this ship is currently Caroline/Klaus. I'm psyched to see where these amazing writers take this.

bloomtoperish

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha on Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:49 pm

Auroura76 wrote:The CW keeps cutting off the last bit of the episode online, so I haven't seen all the stuff with Klaus and Caroline. Wah!

YouTube is your friend! Here's the big scene between them and here's the scene where she finds his present. I'm pretty much completely obsessed with them now. It's an illness.
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken on Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:03 pm

Is it, though? Even without them, she's still the Petrova doppleganger.

Maybe the one in the sealed coffin is the original from which all dopplegangers were doppled? Maybe I missed something but I don't think they've explained who Elena and Katherine are supposed to be dopplegangers of or why the original witch chose her to be the key to Klaus' curse.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:25 pm

They haven't yet told us who the Original Petrova was, so I wouldn't be surprised if she was the one in the coffin.

Question about the bridge scene: A few recaps reported that Stefan's last line was, "I don't care what you think about me anymore, Elena." But I swear I heard, "I don't want to care what you think about me anymore." Anyone else hear that?

I got one of my best friends completely hooked on the show this weekend. We watched the entire first season (because we are crazy). She totally did not get why I was crushing on Stefan until he took his shirt off and then she understood, and now just calls him Abs, though Alaric is her favorite in terms of sexy men. My brother also watched the first few episodes and he's a little in love with Bonnie.
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha on Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:23 pm

queenofdenile wrote:Question about the bridge scene: A few recaps reported that Stefan's last line was, "I don't care what you think about me anymore, Elena." But I swear I heard, "I don't want to care what you think about me anymore." Anyone else hear that?

He definitely said "I don't care what you think about me anymore, Elena." I think what you heard was the subtext ;)

Also, good job with the recruiting. If you get a few more, you win a toaster!
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:07 am

I think what you heard was the subtext ;)

And dramatic irony, but it was subtle so that's what makes this show so great.

Aw, I FINALLY got to watch the episode, and my heart, it hurts, but yeah I don't have any problem with them getting past this, I never actually thought he was going through with it and was just as he said letting Elena's fear sell it. Still a horrible shitty thing to do, but Paul sold the regret, like he said he lost her the minute he went off with Klaus, because he lost himself.

He sacrificed a whole mess of people for Elena/Damon, and Elena has to look at why she was okay with that abstraction, why it's okay to sacrifice them for her, but not her for everyone Klaus will fuck up in the process of hybridizing the world. It's not abstraction for Stefan he was there he did it and now he has to live with it AGAIN, forever, so I get his need to end Klaus to...justify it in some bigger scheme of things.

Niklaus/Caroline was all kinds of twisted and perfect, him tweaking her charm bracelet and saying he loved Birthdays was almost as good as Angel tweaking Buffy's nose and saying it wasn't like he'd never been there before. Ha, he is clearly missing Ms Rebekah pretty hard core, but he so can't deal with her legitimate anger so he's getting himself a replacement.

I pretty much spent the last 10 or fifteen minutes crying on and off, first with Stelena, than with Bonnie and Jeremy's goodbye, and then with Matt/Elena's funeral. OH SHOW.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile on Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:58 am

I never actually thought he was going through with it and was just as he said letting Elena's fear sell it...He sacrificed a whole mess of people for Elena/Damon, and Elena has to look at why she was okay with that abstraction, why it's okay to sacrifice them for her, but not her for everyone Klaus will fuck up in the process of hybridizing the world.

I never thought Stefan would actually kill or turn Elena. I was getting all stomach-twisty because - as Elena said - he chose to drive over the bridge where she witnessed and experienced the deaths of her mother and father, and fed her blood/threatened to turn her so shortly after Damon had done the same thing, and KNEW how much it would deeply upset and traumatize her.

BUT I think that is the most convincing reason for why I should not jump ship, because it's totally true. Elena needs a little more Bonnie in her in terms of looking at the world and caring about innocent people aside from her nearest and dearest - not that she doesn't care, but she sometimes forgets the larger scheme of things.
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:10 am

, and fed her blood/threatened to turn her so shortly after Damon had done the same thing, and KNEW how much it would deeply upset and traumatize her.

I think I'd be more inclined to view it that way if Elena herself hadn't been willing to sacrifice herself in the same way, for that large scheme of things reason and that was just when they thought Klaus was the only possible hybrid to exist, but she's like his walking hybrid tribble machine.

Our girl has been through hell, I absolutely don't want to minimize how much what he did hurt her, but even in the scene with Damon she just doesn't seem that shell shocked by it, essentially conceding to Damon that yeah it worked, but it still sucked. I thought her scene with Matt was meant to be about her coming to terms with the darkly moral greys of her new world, like brainwashing Jeremy, AGAIN. I would actually be THRILLED if she goes in her own human sized Elena way as scorched earth/hardened battle woman as Stefan is playing at, because that, THAT is what will break him, seeing *her* lose herself? Oh yeah, he'll be toast.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha on Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:29 am

I ran across this Klaus/Stefan vid set to the 'Pinky and the Brain' themesong. My laughter could be heard in the next county!
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile on Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:23 am

I thought her scene with Matt was meant to be about her coming to terms with the darkly moral greys of her new world, like brainwashing Jeremy, AGAIN. I would actually be THRILLED if she goes in her own human sized Elena way as scorched earth/hardened battle woman as Stefan is playing at, because that, THAT is what will break him, seeing *her* lose herself? Oh yeah, he'll be toast.

I want this. I want this so much I can already see it.

Incidentally I also watched a few episodes of Buffy last week, and TVD really does kick Buffy's ass on the vampire mythology front. Don't get me wrong, I love Buffy tons, but the vampires on this show are much scarier and morally complex. Angelus is a fluffy kitten compared to Klaus, or Stefan when he's angry.
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:16 am

Found some new spoilery pics of the episodes airing February 9th, with vague spoilery comment by Julie Plec.
Spoiler:
Oh yay a ball, and everyone looks good except Ian, he's looked like warmed over ass lately. Also these did my Stelena heart good, and the Klaus/Caroline ship also still looks to be trying to take flight

And here's a vid of Joseph Morgan trying to talk all the way around the obvious fact that
Spoiler:
Caroline is his love interest
. If only I didn't know how short he was in RL (relative short, I admit, I'm a heightest).

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddyCat on Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:15 pm

I agree that Angelus has nothing on Klaus and crazy Stefan, but in terms of vampire mythology, I always appreciated that Buffy followed the vampires can't go out in the sun stuff. They had the ring-thing for an episode, and then destroyed it. That, to me, was subversive. Because it's easy to give everyone rings to get around that, and while I can see the value in doing so (it's nice to be able to film in daylight, sure), it's an easy out. Everyone gets rings! Let's have a picnic!

Don't get me wrong, though, I love this show. It takes tons of risks and kills people off like whoa. And the pacing is nothing short of amazing.

MaddyCat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:07 pm

I love this show, but I think Angelus will always scare me more. Because Klaus can be reasoned with. And so can Stefan in a way. They have goals. Angelus was so frightening to me, and my favorite Buffy villain, because his only real goal was destroying lives.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:39 pm

his only real goal was destroying lives.

Yes, the lives of goldfish.

EEEEEELIGHAH! Finally! Ha, and I love that his first item of business (after heart ripping out stuff) appears to be a really hott hair cut.

I love everything this show chooses to be. Paul and Nina wrecked me again tonight, see Damon, a love like that never dies. Never Dies. I can not even pretend to be a mature adult about THIS SHOW. I need to go watch their scenes again and cry some more.

It was so fun to have bored Damon trying to solve a murder/warn Alaric off Meredith, more of that Damon please.

I so appreciate the way Bonnie keeps the big picture in view at all times. And how she doesn't just shrug of her mom being all sorry I conspired with a hybrid, and basically endangered you and your friends lives for that of the adopted son I valued over you, peace cakes, yes?

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:12 am

Paul and Nina wrecked me again tonight

Seriously SHOW. I can't even express how happy/sad I was with the Stefan/Elena scenes tonight. "You're better than both of us." And THAT simple statement is the why of it all as far as Stefan is concerned. LOVE.

Bonnie continues to be my girl. She's still not happy about the Jeremy sitch, but she's going to do what she has to do. And not just for Elena, but YES because of the big picture. I feel exactly the same way she does about her mom right now and I'm glad she didn't tiptoe around her anger and distrust. (Who is the actress playing her mom? I feel like I've seen her somewhere before.)

I agree with Damon -- I'm putting Meredith Fell in the psycho camp, and I'm finding it a little troubling that Alaric is so quick to look past the flags and spill all about his vampire hunting. She's dosing people with vampire blood & I guess crossing her fingers that they don't die while it's in their system in a town where she presumably knows there are vampires and werewolves running around. Shady.

The only thing better than Elijah showing up is the look on Klaus' face when Elijah showed up. Send back Katherine and wake up Rebekah and I'll be kid with cake kinda happy.

I feel like a traitor because I really wasn't into the Tyler storyline what with Klaus/Caroline hovering out there in the background, all hot and wrong-like.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:21 am

Yes, the lives of goldfish.

HA! That, there, is exactly why I don't find Angelus scary. Well, and also because I find Boreanaz way too hammy - he's clearly having fun with the part but I don't find him remotely threatening. Joseph Morgan/Paul Wesley >>>>> Boreanaz.

I am SO MAD I couldn't watch the ep tonight now that ELIJAH IS BACK. Looks like a trip to Amazon this weekend for me.
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:37 am

YOU GUUUYYYYYYS! ELIJAH!

Seriously. I did an actual victory dance over that. There were many fist pumps and butt wiggles of delight. Damon showed Stefan the dagger and I was like, "Whuuuuh? Where did he get that?" And then they showed Klaus with the coffins and it was all "Dare I even think it?" and then Elijah was there and the world was made of YAY! The words "Wake Elijah the fuck UP already" had left my lips not 20 minutes earlier, as they do every episode, and it rules that it finally, finally happened.

Stefan/Elena. Oh jeez. These two. This show. These two. They kill me. She told him, and I kept waiting for him to do his whole asshole I Don't Care routine, and he didn't. And then I waited to see what he would say, and he didn't. I was so stunned/frustrated with the never-ending silence. It was perfect. Elena, you are better than both of them. But choose Stefan, okay?

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top